Character Feedback Thread - V2

Mofo said you showed emotion to Martin Richter, and you never showed emotion to me..... :(

Also I think he said you made out. ;)

It's true! Richter and LiLITH made out... in the chapel... while a cleanbot belched gibs everywhere. Also, several other times.

Most of the RP with Martin that lead up to this, however, occurred when I was playing her in the surgeon slot and had lots of spare time. Now that LiLITH is almost always the RD she's generally too busy herding cats scientists and doing research to spend time forming interpersonal ties with her fellow crewmembers.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are remarks from Fraser in Seon's records? There was one time I was joking around and experimenting with the medical HUD and I believe I added a comment to her medical records along the lines of "attractive" but I imagine this would've resulted in getting into deep shit back at Odin, as well as a potential ban on me being able to wear medical HUDs. Are they persistent between rounds?

And I like IAM. He's my second favorite synthetic in security other than Moses Fitzgerald and my favorite Borg other than R.A.T.. As far as the whole drama thing, it wasn't that bad and it created some interesting roleplay. I actually really appreciated that it forced a talk into existence around the elephant in the room.

Thanks for the input, though!

There are remarks from Fraser in Seon's records? There was one time I was joking around and experimenting with the medical HUD and I believe I added a comment to her medical records along the lines of "attractive" but I imagine this would've resulted in getting into deep shit back at Odin, as well as a potential ban on me being able to wear medical HUDs. Are they persistent between rounds?

And I like IAM. He's my second favorite synthetic in security other than Moses Fitzgerald and my favorite Borg other than R.A.T.. As far as the whole drama thing, it wasn't that bad and it created some interesting roleplay. I actually really appreciated that it forced a talk into existence around the elephant in the room.

Thanks for the input, though!

I actually checked Seon's records recently and realized that wasn't in there anymore, so that was an oops on my part. Sorry!

As far as the dating number, it was Talia who asked Fraser out!

During that round Fraser expressed interest in becoming a cyborg and Talia took notice. It's also worth noting that as a robosexual, Talia is sexually attracted to robots but romantic interest stems more from personality. The ongoing gimmick of Talia trying to borg Fraser makes for great ongoing RP in any case.

Now to go to your thread and throw down a ton of criticism to make you feel terrible about yourself and your character.

The true job of Aurora's science department!

As far as the dating number, it was Talia who asked Fraser out!

During that round Fraser expressed interest in becoming a cyborg and Talia took notice. It's also worth noting that as a robosexual, Talia is sexually attracted to robots but romantic interest stems more from personality. The ongoing gimmick of Talia trying to borg Fraser makes for great ongoing RP in any case.

I knew it! Feminine wiles are being used to get Isiah borged!

Either way, I also really enjoy the RP and like where it's going.

Talia Gauss is a very distinct character to me. I was around for her first appearance on the station. She got IAM setup as a post-round start borg, and she was very enthusiastic/excited about the whole experience.

That's great to hear! The interaction with the varying portrayals of robotic intelligence is why I love playing roboticist so much. I have tried to RP Talia as caring more about the robotic units on the station then the biological crew, being very excited when she has the opportunity to create a new unit. The interactions with IAM are when I feel Talia is able to show her real character the most.

I know she gets into shenanigans/lets antaggy-criminal stuff go on, but she also fills people (well, IAM anyway) in when it gets serious.

Very much so. For instance when the hand held teleporter was stolen: she knew who, when, why, and how. It was for research though so she was not going to stand in the way. Once it got serious and communication was lost, however, Talia made sure to inform IAM and therefore the rest of security about it.

On a related note, I'd encourage you to seek Head of Staff whitelisting. I think RD would suit you well.

I'm not sure Talia would ever be promoted to RD. She has way too many issues following regulation to the point that LiLITH threatened to fire her. She also adamantly believes that the NT forms are just to slow down research. Her personality does suit the job, just not her priorities.

Mummy! This is PEACE!

Another one of my favorite borgs! Did PEACE ever re-name, or is Talia's naming game stronger than I thought?

Wait until we get a load or resources so there's no shortage, and tell LiLITH you want to make a Gygax for weapons testing and she'll probably say yes. Just... whatever you do, don't tell her you want to make it just so you can name it something awesome. She'd never understand or approve. She doesn't even name bots she builds.But if she did, she'd name them stuff like C001, C002, M001, M002... you get where this is going...

Sounds good to me, but just a warning that Talia isn't going to fill out any of those useless robotics construction forms. She's just going to march to plasma research and start firing away. In the secure explosive area of course. She wouldn't want to destroy research equipment.

Sounds good to me, but just a warning that Talia isn't going to fill out any of those useless robotics construction forms. She's just going to march to plasma research and start firing away. In the secure explosive area of course. She wouldn't want to destroy research equipment.

Just... uh... remember to remove the welding fuel tank before firing in miscellaneous research. I forgot to do that once I tested how that works once and it resulted in a hull breach.

And you know, technically LiLITH should be making you fill out a form for every robot body you make, too, not just exosuits. But I do have a limit to the quantity of paperwork I'll fill out (to be read by noone, ever) purely for the sake of accurate RP. And the research department is heavy on the paperwork.

On a related note, I'd encourage you to seek Head of Staff whitelisting. I think RD would suit you well.

I'm not sure Talia would ever be promoted to RD. She has way too many issues following regulation to the point that LiLITH threatened to fire her. She also adamantly believes that the NT forms are just to slow down research. Her personality does suit the job, just not her priorities.

I don't necessarily mean on Talia. I just think you'd be good at it.

Mofo said you showed emotion to Martin Richter, and you never showed emotion to me..... :(

Also I think he said you made out. ;)

It's true! Richter and LiLITH made out... in the chapel... while a cleanbot belched gibs everywhere. Also, several other times.

Most of the RP with Martin that lead up to this, however, occurred when I was playing her in the surgeon slot and had lots of spare time. Now that LiLITH is almost always the RD she's generally too busy herding cats scientists and doing research to spend time forming interpersonal ties with her fellow crewmembers.

Oooh? Lilith is getting emotions upgrade! I like this.

But I'm pretty sure even if martin made out with her she wont show Seon emotion like always....

Built a Gygax and name it something cool.

3ejzHql.png

Name is at the bottom of the screen as my invisible curser is hovering over the mech. Oh and I found out how to take Willow EVA!

I don't necessarily mean on Talia. I just think you'd be good at it.

Thank's! I have been meaning to make another character, perhaps an RD would be a good choice.

No no no, LiLITH isn't getting emotional upgrades. She has, like, 2 or 3 actual emotive responses, it's true, but none of them involve organics as anything other than test subjects or repair projects. As Martin knows perfectly well, LiLITH is experimenting with ways to get organics to form emotional bonds with her, and sexuality is one of the means she's testing.

Now, LiLITH can emulate emotive responses a bit better than she usually bothers too, but it's largely a matter of reproducing sampled reactions. She doesn't really feel anything for anyone.

On a related note... is there anyone in Science who isn't a robosexual?

Fraser isn't. I mean sure he thinks some human-looking IPCs are attractive but no robosexuality there.

(ALSO: yay we did it! We flooded the general board so hard that admins had to push everything into a thread, which makes sense.)

I wasn't aware that anyone besides Talia in science was. Who else were you thinking?

Richter is, low-key. Not that he'd want to admit it. But it doesn't extend to borgs or Gygaxes or other depraved things lol.

Not everyone has what it takes to be a mechromancer.

OH look at this

I want honest feedback on the following characters, please:

-Farreipshi Tup'Tesh

-Viridian Chrisocolla/Vermillion Carminite

-Sybil (of course)

-Lua Saudosa

-Ashton Murphy

I wish I could say more about Sybil, but I've only worked with Sybil two or three times. However, those two or three times were remarkable in that they were very intensive in paperwork and regulations. I had gotten a very strong impression that there wouldn't be any bullshit and that everyone would do their jobs and that's more or less what happened. Strict, but effective.

I like Farreipshi Tup'Tesh, mostly because I think that the previously total lack of Skrell in science was nonsensical lore-wise. The toxins safety briefing which Tup'Tesh gave Fraser and Tony Smith was also highly memorable, the four rules and one suggestion. I think it was creative, and yet really helpful. All though, I believe Tony has (non-canonically?) gassed himself twice since then, so it might be needed again. But in general, I really appreciated that as RD, Tup'Tesh laid out all of his (her? I forget.) expectations plainly and clearly to all science staff in order to be as concise as possible and to avoid all misunderstanding. All of that said there was a lot of griping, but I think it's fun to roleplay griping about your boss sometimes.