XanderDox's Head of Staff Application

Guest XanderDox

BYOND key: XanderDox

Character names: Emma Godswood, Niklaus Nox/Lux, Alastair Icarus, Miaze Sinnoh, Vivian Rival, Laurence Fisher, countless others.

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: A year this August.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: Primarily because I forgot I was kickstarting a Head of Staff mentor program, and I want to help Thundy and Silent run it.

Why did you come to Aurora?: Because there was nowhere else with roleplay that satisfied me, Hypatia was too oppressive, Bay was too light.

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?: Many, many times.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:

Roleplay is the act of playing a role. Through personification you adapt a character and their story to yourself and instead of allowing your emotions and beliefs to guide you, you allow theirs. It is like acting and writing a story at once, making a roleplayer, an author and actor.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:

To provide an example for other, primarily new players to look to as to what good behavior and roleplay is, and to guide new players around the server. Almost like a 'Big Brother' program.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

- Helping new players (By always being approachable and friendly, and asking if others need assistance, rather than waiting for them to ask)

- Setting an example of good behavior ( Acting properly and within the rules IC and OOC)

- Be leaders (promote action and change within the community itself i.e. the mentorship program idea)

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name: The Most Honourable, Alexandria 'Emma' Emelia Petrova Marquisa Orlay Godswood

Character age: 46

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs):

Alexandria, commonly know as Emma, was born and raised on Biesel. Her parents were archaeologists, who, although rich as of inheritance, made an incredible amount of credits (100 million credits at the height of their wealth) selling artefacts to museums and research facilities. All the money in the world however, could not cure her of a genetic disease in her family line. This disease caused ruptures in her stomach, and the only fix was to remove the uterus in a hysterectomy and undergo gene-therapy. At only 13, Emma was left barren. This didn't present much of an issue growing up, but continued to weigh on her throughout her teenage years, knowing she'd never bear children.

When she turned 18 and graduated high-school, she entered a training program with the Republic of Biesel, and after a few years, began to work for them as a Federal Investigator. While this life payed well, the long hours proved too much for homebody Emma, and she instead, went back to school to earn a degree in Business Administration, before finally applying for a job at NanoTrasen. She was originally accepted as an HR Director, before being slowly promoted up the ladder, to Captain. She became a Captain when she was 33, a year after, her parents passed away and she inherited their estate and a sum of 53 million credits, most of which she donated or gave away, fearing the corruption and danger wealth would bring.

Other Information:

Chairwoman of the Orchid Society, a collection of rich and powerful people, basically an Illuminati-esque group.

Is descended from a long line of nobles from Great Britain.

Stock invester

Gardener

Sadist

What do you like about this character?:

She's the first character that I actually really really thought out, and although she's a major snowflake, I like that she has a history and some depth of... Power to her. She isn't just someone that gets killed and becomes a statistic too me. I like that.

What do you dislike about this character?:

She's a straight woman and I find that hard to roleplay sometimes, and the amount of times traitors have threatened her for her millions gets annoying sometimes.

What do you think makes this character fit to be a head of staff?:

She is mentally fit, has a degree is business administration, and field experience with investigations from her work as a Federal Investigator. She's also worked with NanoTrasen since she was 28, and now she's 46 so she has worked with the corporation itself for awhile.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: 7.5/10 , people claim I self insert, which maybe I do, but really nobody on the server knows what I'm truly like as a person so what do they know?

Extra notes:

As always, thanks for reading the application, you're lovely <3 xox

I'm all in for Xander getting this, and I love Xander's characters to bits. Nox was my favorite captain ever- and set the goals high in terms of captains. Hell yes you should get this application accepted. Emma's fit for the job, completely.

Don't know why this even NEEDS feedback, everyone knows XanderDox has some fantastic characters and knows there stuff. They are responsible as Head of Staff and there character's are some of the best and most widely known on the server. I mean seriously....cmon.

I didn't know you weren't whitelisted to be honest. No discussion to be had though, you deserve it.

They had asked for it to be stripped awhile back.

Speaking of, could you elaborate on that, Xander? It's more curiosity than it is a valid counterpoint to present to a whitelist application thread in which there really isn't any question to it, but I'm just mildly interested in an answer regarding that.

I'm curious about the whitelist strip myself. I've only been here just over two months and I recall Captain Nox pretty clearly. I'm not saying you don't deserve the whitelist back, but if you asked for it striped then it wasn't that long ago. Meaning your pretty mush turning right back around. I like your reason behind wanting to the whitelist too, we need more mentors about.

I asked for a strip because I thought I was losing focus and vision within Head roles, and I required to a break to regain vision, and also just take a break from being in charge of stuff (it's actually really stressful and not fun being blamed for everything that goes bad in rounds) . And I know this might be hard to understand, but if the opportunity to be a Head is available to be, I generally won't be able to not take it, thus, having my whitelist removed was the course of action I took to enforce my temperance.