Sinta Articles

Guest Marlon Phoenix

image.png.e062aa5a63ad1470193c86620ff4a5d5.png

Not'zar Izweski Makes An Announcement

izweski_citadel_sunset.jpg.99ed3f357642024326c1159d04e69654.jpg

As the sun set across the Izweski Citadel in Skalamar, a crowd of noblemen and camera crews came to stand in the Royal Square below. After some time with no word from the Izweski following the controversy of the previous month, the silence was once again broken as Not’zar arrived to the balcony, flanked by his Mother and a guest, the azure Hizoni Razi of the Razi Merchant's Guild. Lady Razi is most well known for saving Not'zar from an assassination in 2459, and is the third daughter of Guildmaster Razi. 

Not'zar started his announcement by first thanking the city garrison for keeping the capital safe in these trying times and then began his speech.

My Brother used to want to be in the city garrison, when we were younger. He would hear of the noble men who defend our cities from the Guwan riots, from the Gawgaryn, and would stand watch at this very spot - the balcony of the Izweski Citadel - for hours, believing he could protect the city. And, he did, eventually, become a Warrior. A Kataphract.

My Brother. When you remember my Brother, I ask of you ... do not only remember his crime. His banner defended the very lands most all citizens call home. When the Gawgaryn marauders tried to cross into the eastern Untouched, he stopped them at Bahard Pass. When towns were raided and cleared of fresh meats, he would come to me, asking to give portions of our own food to them.

You never heard songs or tales of my Brother. Not because he had no good stories - no major deeds - but because he was not one to boast... He was an honorable Kataphract, remember him as one. Fighting for men, women, children. Remember him as he was. Brave. Kind. Izweski.

Not'zar adjusted his ornamented cane as he paused, surveying the journalists and noblemen in the crowd. 

My Father.

The Hegemon who guided all Sinta through the devastation of the Contact war. Some of you have chosen to forget the good he has done for us all. His hand is the same that stopped the world from falling into anarchy. He built the fourth layer walls of Skalamar, he quelled the food riots of both 2449 and 2451 - Not only with his hammer, but with the help of the fishermen in the Guilds he contacted to feed those people! He funded our flight into the stars - sending Sinta not only into space, but into other systems. There are Unathi out there, Hegemony families, living on other worlds because of my Father. For all the bad my Father has done - you should remember the good as well. That was my Father. Remember that. Strong. Fearless.

That Izweski.

And… Myself.

For four years I had led us out of misfortune. I am experienced, I have proven myself to all of you, time and time again. I was in the battle of Four Hills. I have quelled an uprising on the Colonies. I have constructed dozens of terraforming machines across Moghes. Camp Integrity, Camp Sk’akh’s Glory, Camp Modesty, I built them all. I have even subjugated the K’lax Queen and her underlings to become a vassal of my Clan. The Hegemony's grasp extended through trade, bringing in new exotic materials and vast quantities of food, and sending out our planet's skilled workers, warriors, and everyman. 

The Hegemony was stable in my hands, and it will be.

I will follow tradition.

With that, Not’zar Izweski stepped away into the citadel. From behind him, the azure Hizoni Razi stepped forward and spoke for a moment.

“Not’zar will become Hegemon in seven days. A ceremony will be held in Skalamar. A member from each Clan must come to Skalamar to attend the public festivals. One gift is required, as tradition dictates. Thank you.”

The crowd outside the Citadel cheered, and then after a few moments began chanting the Izweski clan motto, “Honor, Fire, Burn thy Fear.”  Already, citizens of Skalamar have put back up the Izweski banner outside their windows next to their own clan banners. Local news stations across Moghes have been hosting segments where they discuss all of the moves Not’zar has done to secure the Hegemony, with a large number of them receiving positive feedback. Respect for clan Izweski has increased greatly since last month, according to Guild experts.

The Coronation ceremony seems to already be in preparation, with the Razi Family (known for heading the Merchant Guilds) being seen moving in large amounts of supplies to the capital. It’s unknown how Not’zar will follow Izweski Hegemonic Coronation Ceremony tradition with the Great Scept of Sk’akh’s destruction, the area still simply being rubble and foundation. 

Edited by SleepyWolf

image.png.e062aa5a63ad1470193c86620ff4a5d5.png

Coronation of the 68th Hegemon, The Tomb of the Rulers of Moghes

hologram.jpg.b4675952ec4ad3d6744e3214f67206aa.jpg

Not’zar Izweski is soon to be the 19th Izweski to become Hegemon, and 68th since the reign of the First Hegemon, Tryazali of the Kres'ha'nor.

The beginning of the ceremony started at sunrise today in Skalamar, with Not’zar following the traditional path through the Tomb of the Ruler of Moghes. Further ceremonies will continue throughout the week, and many will be broadcast galaxy-wide through holonet, or visible in the skies above Moghesian cities as holograms.

The coronation has several steps that Not’zar has to go through - beginning with the Ancestral Path through the Tomb of the Rulers of Moghes. The Tomb is located in the Noble District’s underground catacombs, which stretch through the underground. Not’zar was followed by priests who came to his side during the Civil War, with the oldest among them adding a piece of jewelry for every Izweski Hegemon he passed. After an hour inside the Tomb, the eldest priest came out with Not’zar behind him, covered in several dozen pounds of heavy gold, silvers, and hides. 

The elder priest began, speaking in front of a small crowd of vassals and noblemen:

“Not’zar of Clan Izweski. The First of Your Name. Thou claim to hold namesake for man, spirit, Sk’akh. Thou plan to become Lord of every Land and every Sea of this World. Blood of the Izweski, Your Name will Rule. Speak of Your Blood. Speak of Yours that Ruled.”

Not’zar looked visibly worn out from the heavy jewelry across his body and leaned on his cane heavily, but began speaking. After every name, he would take off a piece of associated jewelry that was accumulated in the Tomb.

“The first Izweski. Oevei Izweski the Behemoth, who took this very city from the Sarakus. Fire was his weapon. Toiaxi Izweski the Young Overlord, made Hegemon before his first teething, killed before he said a word. Raza Izweski the Warlord, constructed hundreds of Behemoths to rule the skies. Ko’hi Izweski the Pious, formed the first Faith Militant ... “

The names continued throughout the Izweski Royal line for 15 minutes. The jewelry was removed, and then a young priest would take it and return it to its place in the Tomb. Not'zar removed a luxurious and flashy gem-encrusted belt.

“...Kitaskis Izweski the Host, a man known for his hospitality and feasts …”

At this point, Not’zar had reached a final piece of jewelry. A simple, circular red gem on a plain ring. The gem seemed to glow prismatically as the rising sun reflected off of it.

“S’kresti Izweski the… Mad … and Strong. Leveled mountains… for his Clan … and burnt Stars into the sky. “

The priest took the ring from Not’zar, and gave it to a younger man who went back into the Tomb. After this, the elderly priest spoke.

“Not’zar of the Izweski, thou have completed the first step of your path to Hegemon. All will not forget thy Clan before thee, and the weight of Them shall be on thy shoulders. Although thy Vessel is not heavy, thy Spirit shall be - for thy Spirit holds a heavy weight…”

With this, the Ceremony of the Tomb of the Rulers of Moghes ended.

The Coronation of Not’zar Izweski is the first to be broadcast publically across the galaxy, and holoprojectors have been set up on Behemoth blimps to display the affairs to the populace of Moghes. Three Behemoths currently fly above Skalamar showcasing the ceremony throughout the week, and a dozen others have been sent to fly above other cities to celebrate. After this ceremony, Hizoni Razi spoke to human reporters stating…

“I believe thisss [broadcasting] iss a great chansse to dissplay Moghes’ss culture, and allow other people - other sspeciess, even - to glimpsse our world. We hold our tradition in uss, and even the men and women in other partss of the galaxy will realissse how even when they are far from home, they are sstill part of Moghess, and Ssk’akh.”

Next is the Ceremony of Sk'akh, which traditionally would take place in the Great Scept of Sk'akh, however since the Great Scept was burnt down in the civil war, it is unknown how the ceremony will proceed.

• 2 months later...

obrazek.png.e87a27136ac739529e14895045926539.png
Aggression Continues; Gakazaal Overlord Arms

Despite the coronation ceremony, Makar Yizarius, the Overlord of Gakal’zaal, refuses to dissolve his levy back into civilian service.

While the Gakal’zaal colony does not boast a large number of Sinta’Unathi, it possesses a swelling number of Tajara, many of whom have sworn loyalty to Yizarius and know nothing of our customs or traditions.
It is this “standing army”, as Lord Yizarius calls it, that constitutes the vast majority of the forces on Gakal’zaal and which keeps the peace. These constant armies are more akin to those in Solian Empire and loyal only to Yizarius. This means that thousands of Sinta warriors are left free of service.
However, during the civil war, Yizarius provided a mere hundred warriors to the Hegemon’s effort, warriors which were recalled shortly after the war ended.

When questioned about his standing army, and the large idle troop count of Sinta warriors, Yizarius sent this official statement:

“Unlike other lords and admirals, I deal with a heavily segmented planet. Rebellions and pirates force me and my men to sleep with one eye open and thus I cannot allow the dissolution of my troops at the present time or anytime in the near future. While the Tajara troops are loyal and obedient, my Sinta warriors are superior in every regard and so need more respite.”

When Lord Admiral Ss’kiak inquired on the decreasing amount of tithe paid to the Hegemony, Yizarius answered in a similar manner, blaming everything once again on pirates and rebels. This answer was contradicting with the Charter Guilds. Who reported that Gakal’zaal has made recent exuberant purchases in raw materials and arms.

Overlord Yizarius said that he was not aware of such purchases and offered an explanation.

" I was not aware of such an event. As I said, rebels and pirates are one too many within my system. And so, perhaps, one of less reputable ilk had made a deal with the noble and wise members of the Merchants Guild, under my name! This is an insult of the highest caliber and I will investigate this, throughoutly."

The Guildsmasters refused to comment.

Edited by Haydizzle
  • 2 weeks later...

image.png.fcebbc838c3c1033d4f26b782b7122e4.png
Pressure Mounting, Rebels a Threat?

Despite the continued arming of his world, the losses on Gakal’zaal have been mounting according to  insider reports. Numerous casualties of both Tajara loyalists and Sinta warriors are being counted just north of Kaszhizi.
The perpetrators?
The so-called Gakal’Zaal Liberation Front, a group of upstart raiders and heretics who have banded under an alien flag to try and sabotage the internal workings of Gakal’zaal and the Hegemony as a whole.

Overlord Yizarius was quick to lay any suspicions to rest. As he reports, the only reason these “freedom fighters” have been capable of laying a finger on his warriors is that they have adopted a certain type of combat called “Guerilla warfare”, a highly dishonorable and shameful form of war which uses trickery and deception to cause as many casualties as possible. However, he assures, the fact is that for every Sinta life the rebels lose ten times as many and that by his projections, the war should end next week.

Overlord Yizarius also claims that as a result of this upset, he will be forced to raise taxes, increase tariffs and suspend any tithes to be paid towards the Hegemony.

Suspicions were immediately raised but Yizarius’ said that his second in command, Grand Admiral Shiassta, would not only vouch for him. But also offer up his estates, titles, lands and honor as possible payment instead of the required tithes.
Distrustful, a meeting was called immediately. However, after brief negotiations, the Hegemon agreed on a holographic call instead.

///Open Feed

Spoiler

A holographic image of Admiral Shiassta appears before the Hegemon and his posse. One of the present Sinta speaks up before anyone else.
"Grand Admiral, is it true what your lord speaks of?"

Shiasstas's image flickers motionlessly a few times, then a voice echoes out in a distorted manner.
"Yes."

A different Sinta stands up, pointing an accusatory finger towards Shiassta.
"And you're WILLING to fully vouch for your lord? All your estates, all your belongings even the honor of your clan?"

Once again the flickering image stand motionlessly, before answering similarly, to the point.
"Yes."

A murmur of voices can be heard. Some in disbelief, some of approval. The Hegemon simply nods his head, tapping his cane on the floor.
"It is with great pride that I see Sinta of such high character still exist on Gakazaal, for your sake Shiassta, I hope your trust is not misplaced."

A pause, Shiassta does not even blink. Other lords stare at Not'Zar, waiting if he'll continue. Soon he does.
"Very well, I shall waive required tithes until the conflict is resolved, that is my resolution."

Hums of approval resonate through the room, as Shiassta's image flickers out of existence.

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.da915695833a9d5608b16045125b1da5.png
Yuri Drrawa'jur executed, Shiassta dead, Yizarius disgraced!

An unlawful execution of a member of the pro-Hegemony Drrawa’jur family was reported this morning, carried out on the orders of none other than the disgraced Ex-Overlord, Yizarius. In the middle of the arrest and prosecution of Yuri Drrawa’jur, Yizarius was already stripped of his title, rank, and power by the Hegemon after his disgusting ruse was finally discovered:

Admiral Shiassta has been dead for weeks!

A loyal insider reported a few days after Yuri Drrawa’jur’s imprisonment that Admiral Shiassta was killed in the initial clashes with the rebels, and the holo-call speaker was a mere fake! A prerecorded message of the Admiral. At the time no one at court could verify Lord Shiassta as he had always been known to be sparse with his words. After this tip off a transcript was shown to his loyal wife who confirmed that it was, in fact, not her husband. Afterwards the recording was likewise shown to his son, who supported the claim of his mother. With clear evidence from the insider and Shiassta's son. The Hegemon stripped Yizarius of all titles and ranks on the spot, a notion supported by all present.

Despite the condemnation of Yizarius, his royal retainers have refused to imprison the rogue Lord. Instead claiming the Hegemon a liar, usurper, and one who takes to bed with Threshbeasts. In spite of such insults, the Hegemon has remained calm.  And while the uproar from the surrounding generals was deafening, The Hegemon simply replied:

“Gakal’Zaal has its people, and those people know more of honor than Yizarius and his posse.”

What this ominous quote implies, we do not hazard to even guess.

Edited by Haydizzle
format
  • 1 month later...

image.png

Traitors and Hatchling-nappers: a Plot Unraveled at Last!

image.png

In the months following the coronation of Not’zar Izweski, 68th Hegemon and Lord of Lords above all Sinta, it has been a time of recovery and fortification for the realm. With the return of the major noble Clans to the fold and rebellious sentiments forgiven, relative peace has reigned on Moghes. However, today has brought startling news from the mouth of Hizoni Razi herself—newly named Spymaster of the Shadow Service. Her investigation into the recent disappearance of “Yakt Izweski” has concluded.

Past news shed light on the plot to spirit the hatchling out of the Izweski manor via a maid who, under questioning, confessed to handing the child off to a member of the Maraziites some months ago. Further details on where the child ended up or how directly High Priest Unzi was involved in this plot remained in question, but as of this afternoon the Spymaster gave a public statement in which she explained the depths of what she’d uncovered. 

“My investigation into the corruption that had rooted itself into the Maraziite order was an arduous one, stymied at every turn by uncooperative witnesses and a trail of sabotaged evidence. I knew it in my bones that members of the Maraziites were to blame for the abduction and, by Sk’akh’s blessing, my agents brought me the proof that I sought. So that I could then bring it to my Hegemon.”

The azure was straight-backed and certain as she spoke to the waiting reporters outside the Izweski manor. The mention of proof brought her to brandishing a sheaf of papers in one hand, lifting her chin triumphantly as she went on.

“Correspondences! Notes and plans between these conspirators.”

Inquiries as to whether or not these writings would be made public were met with a dismissal. For the time being, it seems that the Spymaster wishes to hold fast to the documents until every last dreg of treachery is rooted out.

“They paint a picture of a carefully concealed plot to spirit the hatchling away and ‘remove the cause of the Hegemon’s madness.’ Working in the shadows as if they were women. Though not well enough to escape my eyes. Of note is the fact that Unzi was pointedly left out of these correspondences, with allusion to the High Priest being ‘unable to condone such acts, but praying that some agent of Sk’akh come free the Hegemon from this evil influence.’ He gave his blessing and let his loyal followers enact the dirty deeds on his behalf.”

This set the assembled Sinta to murmuring. Unzi’s trial may have been months in the past, but his insistence that he did not directly plan nor execute any plot to steal the hatchling still lives within the memory of Hegemony subjects. This reveal cast the words in a new light.

“My only regret is that I could not provide this valuable information to my Hegemon when the task of putting Unzi to trial was before him. Still, his judgement was as truly aimed as the Fisherman’s spear toward his catch, and this proof renders Unzi soundly deserving of his punishment.”

It was at this time that Hizoni opened the floor up to questions. One reporter asked something that has been weighing on many minds for all these months: what of the hatchling, “Yakt Izweski”? Hizoni paused at that, before setting her expression to a grim cast.

“That, I fear, was a trail grown mostly cold. Within these pages are the written plans to have the… supposed heir removed from Skalamar entirely. All my agents were able to gather is that he was passed out of Maraziite custody to be brought into the Wastes, presumably returned to whence he came. I pray that Sk’akh watches over him, and over us all.”

The Spymaster departed back into the manor shortly thereafter, though not before posing for this image to be taken of the newly minted Spymaster in regalia fitting her position. Hizoni has indeed proven her skills in this successful resolution to such a important case and now minds can be put to rest on this mystery with the assurance that justice has been served.

Edited by Haydizzle
format
  • 2 months later...

sintaarticles.png.9ade0a2db83a593e475ee6e2b9be20c9.png

Not'zar Promises Aid to the Republic of Biesel!

Hegemon Not’zar proves once again his honor as a warrior by showing mercy to the fledgling republic. In light of the crisis regarding the rogue fleet of the 35th Battalion heading towards Biesel, the Izweski have publicly announced their decision to aid the Coalition of Colonies and Republic of Elyra in sending reinforcements despite prior feuds with both polities.

In a public statement, Not’zar speaks on the growing crisis:

"May the Three-Headed Power lead us in these troubling times. The Sol Alliance has shown sinta both aid and revile since our introduction to the spirits between the stars. While some of their deeds have shown a promising course, human leaders within Sol have proven to us they lack true honor every leader should have. There is deceit, guile, and a pervasive lack of righteousness among their elite, which is why their leaders allowed Sol-four to be ravaged even more than our ancestral home under the Burning Mother.

"Thus, the time is proper for us to step up, and act as an ally for the Republic. We do not share all of their values; we have fought with their allies; we have disagreed with NanoTrasen, their biggest supporters. This does not mean that these countries lack honor, however. Now is a good time to mend old wounds and come together against a common foe than to let divisiveness separate us forever; I lift my snout and bare my neck for them, should they want to do the same. Our ancestors—human, sinta, skrell, vaurca, diona, tajaran—they will look over us and give us the courage to move against a powerful force."

Overlord Zkaii'xay'yil has made a brief statement of her own in conjunction with Not'zar's regarding the K'lax of the Hegemony:

"The Hegemony has provided for us for over five years. While we have our own issues with the Republic or Nanotrasen, our loyalty still resides with those who have helped us, and we have been called into action. We will abide by this request, as it is only just that we repay their kindness."

Inside of Hegemon territory, able clan Lords are ordered to mobilize levies towards a number of populous strongholds for the Izweski, and healers are to be lent to the effort as well to provide their expertise. Some of the levies are to be assigned to the Kataphracts and Hopefuls in Tau Ceti space to coordinate, and some of the healers will be enlisted as Tau Ceti Foreign Legion medical specialists. Non-sinta on Ouerea are not required to draft but are encouraged to do so nonetheless should they wish to be honorable.

Since the last few conflicts in Biesel space, Kataphracts have found themselves in higher numbers in the area; fighting off xenofauna, the prior Solarian invasion, and other events in the last few years have earned the region a reputation among those seeking glory and fame. This works to the Hegemon’s advantage as he has sent an order for their immediate aid as reinforcements for the Republic until the bulk of the levies arrive.

The K’lax have been called upon to assemble levies across Tret and move them to the nearest spaceport. A number of Warforms have also been called into action, last seeing use during the brief internal conflict earlier this year. These warforms have artillery cannons built onto their backs, and will be used for supporting other forces, whereas the main K’laxan levy will be composed of K’laxan Kataphract Hopefuls and Warriors armed with energy glaives and shields.

The spirits will guide us and our allies found through turmoil to victory!

Edited by Haydizzle
format
  • 2 weeks later...

4E447BF1-91F5-464B-9019-7E111CC6392F.pngUnathi Trapped in Tau Ceti!

With the end of the invasion, Izweski forces have begun the process of returning back to Uueoa-Esa system. A portion of volunteer forces will remain to help distribute relief to those on Biesel and in surrounding space, helping the rest of the Republic of Biesel’s allies move medicine, provide food, and relocating those displaced by the brief conflict. By the mercy they show, the spirits are most pleased by sinta aiding their allies.

The rest of the forces, largely levies, were previously expected to return home by now. Sources in Tau Ceti are reporting that the Republic of Elyra, in a bid to question Hegemon Not’zar’s honor, has shown caution. They are mandating sinta-led forces using the warp gate in Elyran territory may only send a portion of the troops at a time, ferrying them back to Hegemony space slowly, now that the conflict has ceased. Not’zar, in a measure of goodwill and faith, has gone along with the government of Elyra’s wishes, stating in brief, "[...] [he has] no ill-will towards the Republic."

Such estimates as a result of this delay are predicting a return of most sinta to Izweski space a week from now. A majority of the Izweski’s honorable warriors will be stuck in space for the duration of the Keeping of Memories festival. A tragic time to not reconnect with those recently lost by the conflict! Many warriors are now flocking to Biesel, and Not’zar has paused many levy movements that would keep sinta stuck traveling during this sacred holiday until the Keeping of Memories has passed.

The spirits be praised, for we will kindle their memories soon!

Edited by Haydizzle
format
  • 1 year later...

4E447BF1-91F5-464B-9019-7E111CC6392F.png.9066ad068c851a1f600f7523b5019875.png

Ouerea Overcrowding Amidst Declining Population?

The yearly census of Ouerea by the nobility have concluded that the official number of residents has gone down. Despite the overwhelming growth of central areas of urban residence, this is the second year by official measures that the population appears to be shrinking.

Life on the city surface, however, tells a different story. Overcrowding in the lower levels of the city has increased over the last few years, local inhabitants claim. Prices for renting basic cubicles have gone up despite quality taking a drastic downturn. Sundries, by other interviews, have claimed a great increase in profits and new, regular customers becoming more frequent.

Statistics provided by liaisons on behalf of the Izweski Hegemony have also provided some interesting news: an almost exponential growth in immigration to Ouerea since its colonization premiere date. Despite the population going down, more people are moving in— and more of them are flocking to the lower levels of its metropolitan cities. Registered largely among these immigrants are Unathi lacking strong affiliations with the Izweski, typically traditionalists with outdated citizenship identification. However, there have been notable increases in other species as well.

City Lord R'tiza Eyinz'k gave a comment regarding how they will handle the growing underbelly of Ouerea:

“What does [clan Yizarus] think of this? Clearly, these ‘underworld denizens’… they’re merely trying to escape proper tithes and, and legal processes. No more than miscreants in the eyes of the law. Surely, they know what they’re doing is dishonorable, and […] well, it’s inevitable, really. Most immigrants, wealthy and coming to work for Hephaestus— they aren’t fleeing to the underworld. Immigrants from the Hegemony and refugees from the war, they- it’s them coming to escape punity. Anyone down there will be brought forward and made accountable for their lack of loyalty and honesty in the eyes of their lording clan.”

The Eyinz’k clan has deployed Watchmen to enforce an expanded census and registration process, the revised results of which are projected to be seen by the beginning of Kasavakh.

Hephaestus Industries Tackling Overpopulation!

A major reason for Ouerea’s prolonged growth and prosperity, Hephaestus Industries announced an initiative that, should the Overlord of Ouerea Tarkart Yiztek and the democratic Synod of Scales agree, will allow the corporation to build over the underbellies of major city centers across the budding planet. Dubbed the “Cornerstone Project,” Hephaestus aims to set the foundation of cities as new shops, housing, and recreational facilities for species and activities that don’t necessarily need daylight to operate, such as virtual reality arcades, indoor sports, and space for K’lax, industry-owned robots, and their maintenance and living needs.

“It was sorely needed at the starting point of development to work up as we went,” says representative Lux Richard, the one leading this initiative. “In doing so, that space was pushed under the now-modern developments going on and making the city so wonderful. Now that appropriate accommodations are made for the people of the planet, we can go back and fix these initial dwellings developed by the first colonizers of the planet.”

To get the space cleared, Hephaestus is offering to hire and relocate the denizens under each city to move them to company towns to mine, chop trees, or otherwise perform labor for the company. Existing tenants would otherwise be merely evicted under the current plans for this new directive.

Edited by Haydizzle

Assault in New Skalamar: Terrorism Against Hephaestus!

Earlier this morning, the majority of a troop of bodyguards as well as the focus of protection, Hephaestus Industries representative Lux Richard, were shot down in their hovercar and assaulted in the middle of New Skalamar. Sources say laser fire broke out between the guards and a rogue group, primarily Unathi and humans, tossed explosives and shot from nearby buildings to dishonorably kill the unprepared bodyguards. Before Lux Richard could be seen or this bandit group could do further damage, local Watchmen arrived at the scene and quelled the chaos.

As the terrorists fled, two of the corpses revealed interesting information. Biopsies performed by a Medical Acolyte of the Healer, in tandem with a biomechanical engineer, found that the human and Unathi were outfitted with unregistered, altered Hephaestus prostheses and augments. No doubt the work of fiendish heathens.

Shocked by the revelation, a citywide state of emergency has been declared by City Lord R'tiza Eyinz'k after such a brazen attack has been performed by none other than Aut'akh. Watchmen are being ordered to enforce curfew during local daylight hours, and any display of weapons of a person not belonging to the nobility, Watchmen, or Saa’Izweski will result in apprehension, questioning, and further potential action against them.

Lux Richard gave brief comments on their attack:

“I- I’m shaken, disturbed, and more than shocked by the events that transcribed this morning. The good that Hephaestus Industries does will not be interrupted by this attack, but- but I require some time to recuperate from the stress of the situation.”

The Hephaestus Industries representative and long-time worker of the company said he will be utilizing the great benefits of his tenure to go on a sudden leave to relax with his family. He declined any questions at this time.

• 3 months later...

4E447BF1-91F5-464B-9019-7E111CC6392F.png.9066ad068c851a1f600f7523b5019875.png.cd3121334bb7d23c77c92f80b6b75730.png

Phoron Reserves Depleted; Overlord Hutay’zai Offers Recourse

Translated to Tau Ceti Basic

Today, the Master of Rivers for the Hegemony, the honorable Overlord Azui Hutay’zai, made the trip to Skalamar from his estate on the other side of the Moghresian Sea in order to make an announcement to an assembled crowd of Guildsmen and Nobles about the situation within the Hegemony following the Spur-wide Phoron Scarcity. He said the following:

“Loyal Subjects of the Hegemony, I come to you today with grave news. As of two days ago, the Hegemony’s phoron reserves have been depleted beyond emergency levels... We had been hoping that the scarcity would have concluded by the time this arrived, but it seems that is not the case. Having gone over the problem with others under my advisory, I can say with certainty it will be increasingly difficult to ship our goods across the stars, and import goods back to our lands, perhaps for years.”

He pauses, as the crowd murmurs.

“However! Do not despair! The determination of our people will see us out of this quagmire. We shall overcome this challenge as we have so many others. I ask you all to put your faith in the Hegemon and his servants, and with your help, we shall deliver the Hegemony to even more prosperity. For the future of all Sinta!”

The speech was then met with raucous applause and bellows, as the nobles reaffirmed their loyalty to the Hegemon. However, many observers are concerned despite assurances by Overlord Hutay’zai that all will be well given the paramount importance of trade with the wider spur to the Hegemonic economy. Using massive exports of raw materials and manufactured goods to the rest of the spur as its primary revenue source, the Hegemony’s economy may be severely threatened by the inability to properly move exports. In addition, the Hegemony is a net importer of foodstuffs, given the ravaged conditions of the homeworld, and others have commented that forming import issues could lead to difficulties with feeding the population. In light of all of this, the Hegemon himself has announced that a solution is being prepared and that more information will be revealed as the situation develops.

Spirits guide us.

• 1 month later...

image.png.43dac92cf9f52d774824414251f1970f.png

Advanced Naval Vessels Assigned to Extended Defense Duties around Moghes

Translated to Tau Ceti Basic

After a month of speculation, another Hand of the Hegemon has stepped forward to speak to a crowd of nobles, and this time, admirals of our powerful space fleet. Lord’s Claws Mizaruz Izweski took the podium today, and made the following announcement:

“Hail, honorable nobles and admirals of the Hegemony. I come to you today as a bearer of further misfortune. As many of you know, a large number of our galactic ships, including our three Cataclysm-class superdreadnoughts, were outfitted with Bluespace drives purchased from Humans with the help of the Hephaestus Guild during construction.”

He pauses for a second collecting himself.

“Due to the conditions explained by the Master of Rivers last month, we no longer have the phoron necessary to use these ships for operations outside of Uueoa-Esa. So, henceforth, all ships that have lost the ability for interstellar travel will reside in the orbit of Moghes and Ouerea, ensuring the protection of the system.”

“Those ships that have lost the ability to travel interstellar are of our most advanced designs, any ship above Bulwark-Class or above is within this category. The ships of the First Fleet that are remaining behind will guard Moghes, with the help of the Third Fleet's Flagship, the HMV Annihilation, and Lord Admiral Yizarus in command of patrols. The Second Fleet, and the remaining advanced ships of the Third fleet will guard Ouerea, under the command of Admiral Gour’za. Admiral Xitac K’lax will command the temporarily formed Fourth Fleet, made up of those ships still able to travel across the stars, and guard our further colony worlds against any threats.”

“While I understand this shakeup may strike fear into our hearts, with the loss of much use from our most powerful ships and our patrols seconded to our least powerful, we have never been more protected than now, with our fleets constantly in orbit of every planet. Once this scarcity is at an end, we may even find ourselves better off than we were before it.”

The response to the speech was muted, with admirals seemingly already aware of this change, and nobles muttering to each other. With this announcement, much of the Hegemony’s striking power has been rendered useless, stuck in defensive positions. It is unclear what position this puts the Hegemony in, as tensions between our neighbor state of Dominia escalates and the detente with Elyra remains uneasy. Whatever the future holds in store, may the spirits guide us on the right path.

Edited by Haydizzle
Spacing
  • 2 weeks later...

image.png.32e2162589941c6e808fb260b3631fbd.png

Hegemon Wisely Raises Tariffs, Introduces Guild Tax

In a surprise visit today, the Hegemon himself gave a short speech at the Merchant’s Guild hall in Skalamar today, addressing potential issues posed by the statements many corporations made last week. He said the following regarding the state of the realm:

“... The strength of the Hegemony comes not from those outside our borders, but from within. While the statements made by many in the wider galaxy last week do pose a potential issue for us and our prosperity, my Hands, with my approval, have come up with a several step plan that will mitigate many of the effects our economy will surely begin to feel. These steps may seem somewhat drastic, but are of utmost importance to the survival of our empire, and colonies. May we never falter. …”

Master of Rivers Azui Hutay’zai then took the podium, seeming rather sullen, and began to explain the steps more specifically. They boil down to an itinerary of five steps of progress that was gathered and streamlined by journalists at the meeting.

First, tariffs for imports and exports have both been raised by 40%. This is to give the government liquid capital which it will invest back into critical economic sectors such as arms manufacturing and mining. These tariffs do not apply to guilds transporting their own goods into or out of the Hegemony. Next, colony worlds will no longer be able to purchase foreign goods, and may only purchase Hegemonic goods; as well, any exports from colony worlds, transported by guilds or outside parties must first be taken to Moghes. To this end, the Moghes orbital space docks are being expanded with the help of Hephaestus Industries, who expect the work to be done within a period of two months. Goods purchased inside the Hegemony will now have a flat 6% tax, with a third of the money made going to the local lord who rules the lands on which the transaction occurred. Hegemony merchants are expected to enforce this tax and are required to keep a ledger of transactions, which will be shown to tax collectors and compared with the amount of money collected. This flat tax is double on all colony worlds.

Third, all Hegemonic Guilds will be required to pay a flat 75,000 CR guild rate to the Hegemony a month or give up an equivalent amount of goods. This will be enforced by tax collectors, and failure to pay will mean stripping of guild charter. Finally, all mining operations will commence on the moon of Chantarel, with bidding for two-thirds of the lands to commence within the month. One-third of the mining lands on the moon have been reserved for Hephaestus Industries, as payment for their assistance in an undisclosed project.

As many can imagine, these steps were seen by many in the Merchant's Hall as too much, causing many of the audience to hurl insults and slurs at the Master of Rivers, who stood there staring out at the crowd, several times arguing back with members, and almost getting in a physical confrontation with a member who attempted to climb on the stage, before being escorted away by members of the royal guard. Several people were injured in the commotion. We have since tried to reach many guilds for comments, and while the consensus seems to be a pure dislike for the reforms, specifically the tax, Hephaestus Industries has broken away by openly stating that they believe the reforms necessary and hope that the Hegemon’s wisdom continues to protect the Hegemony.

Edited by Haydizzle
Syntax
  • 3 weeks later...

image.png.fcfe2bc628a1150bead0d8de5f36b561.png

Food Shortages Expected and Inevitable?

Translated into Tau Ceti Basic

A joint report by the Fisherman’s League, medical guilds, hunter guilds, and aquaculture guilds from all over Moghes, which was requested by the Hegemon a few weeks ago has finally been released. The purpose of the report was to ascertain the effects the current scarcity will have on food production and availability and what steps might be taken to mitigate any potential issues. As many know, since the Contact War and the required bolstering of aquaculture, food supplies have been mediocre, with the looming threat of famine ever present. However, this report states that with the inability to acquire much more food from the spur, or even produce our own through cloning techniques, unless measures are taken to mitigate it, the Hegemony will face a full on famine as food supplies will only be enough to feed roughly three-fourths of the population.

The report then goes on to propose a solution, strict rationing under the supervision of forces loyal to the Hegemon alone, could provide those critical to the Hegemony and its industries enough food, while farms on the untouched planet of Ouerea are expanded to make up production. Many guilds, including Hephaestus Industries, have promised to help expand the Ouerean farms for compensation from the Hegemon. The planned expansion would budget most of the land around and within the Trizkizki Sea, the Azareazi Sea, and the Yuaz Sea for aquaculture and farming. It is said that the hands of the Hegemon are currently debating the merits of both the report and the proposed solution. The Synod of Scales is also debating the merits of the proposal and discussing what Ouerea’s new role in the Hegemony would be if they accepted with the planetary Overlord.

We will keep our readers appraised of any further developments.

image.png

Smuggling Increases on Moghes; Stricter Levy Enforcement

Yesterday morning, a ship among many carrying smuggled goods attempted to land, this one specifically in the city of Tzonia, in order to meet a dealer who would pay them. However, the local City Watch had been alerted to the criminal activity by the Navy and were ready to swoop in. With a detachment of Kataphracts, the City Watch quickly secured the ship, smuggled goods, and crew with no losses of their own. The goods were high-end electronics, originally purchased from Idris Incorporated. This is a story not unlike others being told across Moghes right now: the criminals intended to smuggle them onto Moghes and sell them with a minor markup, to any who would purchase them, without any of the new taxes imposed by the Hegemon last week. Most of the crew were humans, who only saw an opportunity to make some credits. Lord Ozmalikai decided their punishments, with the crew being sentenced to 15 years of hard labor for the betterment of the Hegemon. After jailing the crew for their crimes, Ozmalikai claimed, “Let this be a lesson to all those who would disobey the laws of the Hegemon, and those who tempt others to do the same.”

This single ship is just part of a larger story. City watches around the Hegemony have been reporting an increase in smuggled goods, mostly among the more wealthy population who wish for their off-world goods to return to a somewhat normal price. Most of these goods are not essential, such as food or medicine, and those smuggling them are likely in the unfavorable business to make a quick credit off-world. It is difficult to understand what would compel those in high standing to such a dishonorable act, but nevertheless it is occurring. The Navy has stated it will be dedicating those stellar ships currently unable to exit the system to combating these smugglers.

image.png.559784762fe2ccb95d04e0d66cb3f1d5.png

Aut'akh Communities Tied to Smuggling Schemes

Tipped off about a potential smuggler base, members of Raizr’s City Watch ventured into the underbelly of the city early this morning. What they found was beyond comprehension. One senior watchman described it as a wretched hive of dishonor the likes of which he had never seen, hundreds of Sinta who had maimed their bodies, implanting themselves with cybernetics, and monumental piles of smuggled goods waiting for sale. Another said that they almost became sick at the wretched sight he beheld, unable to understand what would drive people to harm themselves in this way. “They have abandoned their souls in the eyes of Sk’akh, and must be helped, but I do not know if they are beyond saving,” confessed senior watchman Zramisk Tarvgan about the whole ordeal.

The goods were seized and arrests made, and in total, 79 Sinta were arrested in connection to the smuggler base. Sadly, the ringleaders are believed to have escaped into the Wasteland where pursuit is nigh impossible. For the souls of those arrested, several priests were brought and spoke to each individual in their cell, attempting to discern what might have driven them to harm their souls in such a way. Naturally, these Sinta turned out to be followers of the radical Aut’akh heresy, and they were using funds from their smuggling operation to further purchase prosthetics and advanced electronics from the wider spur. Lord Sarnac, informed of this and their smuggling activities, has decided that the punishment for these heretics should be 15 lashes each, and 10 years imprisonment, with mandatory spiritual counseling. He said to one of our reporters, “These Sinta must be punished for the crimes they committed against the Hegemon, but they have been misled by their supposed spiritual leaders, and hopefully their time with the priests may still yet save their souls.”

It is unclear if any other Aut’akh have begun to involve themselves in smuggling activities, but watchmen around the Hegemony have begun asking subjects to report any sign of them for further investigation. Keep your eyes peeled, loyal subjects!

4E447BF1-91F5-464B-9019-7E111CC6392F.png.9066ad068c851a1f600f7523b5019875.png.bc41d908e42e1c3567d69e63f88bccab.png

Hegemonic Navy Combts Smuggling through Military Incursion

Translated into Tau Ceti Basic

As the massive Cataclysm-class superdreadnought slowly turned towards the right, three smaller ships dart underneath it, burning hard towards the planet. When they get about halfway to the atmosphere, lances of energy reach out from the massive vessel, utterly destroying one of the targeted ships heading for the surface, yet unable to stop the other two.

Scenes like this one have been all too common in the recent days in orbit of Moghes, as smugglers burn hard towards the surface with untaxed goods, intent on selling to degenerate bidders under the snout of the Hegemon. Despite the noble efforts of the Hegemonic Navy, many have been succeeding in reaching the surface, most landing in the Wasteland or by Aut’akh communities where watchmen cannot descend on them and their ill-gotten goods to deal out the Hegemon’s justice. Several communities and common landing sites have been raided, resulting in seizures of goods and personnel, but since the landings at Tzonia earlier this month, no ringleaders have been captured. Those captured in these raids have been sentenced to hard labor in the Wasteland near the Torn Cities, toiling in the mines for the betterment of the Hegemony. 

Naval commanders have blamed this on the differing sizes of vessels, with the Hegemonic patrols built around the three super dreadnoughts, and the smugglers using small, atmospheric capable ships to avoid, or outrun, their defenses. These brazen tactics have been successful for the smugglers, as even with their thrusters at full burn, the ships of our navy cannot catch up to the quicker smugglers' shuttles, resulting in the necessity of gunnery, something which one officer said has been neglected over the years. After all, the same officer said, the ship is supposed to be the bullet, ramming into other ships. Lord-Admiral Yizarus is known to be incredibly frustrated with these failures, and has already stripped 5 ships of their gunnery officers; he has mandated comprehensive gunnery drills for his fleet, at the advice of Lord’s Claw Mizaruz Izweski. The Lord Admiral was caught on camera admonishing his own gunnery officer for failing to destroy a smuggler's shuttle. Sadly, a translation into Tau Ceti Basic is not available.

In Sinta’Unathi: “How could you miss, at that range! Your skills have worsened beyond the condition of a Guwan’s Feet! If we cannot protect our homeworld from simple smugglers, I fail to see the point of our navy.” The Lord-Admiral then smacked his junior officer across the snout. “Improve your department or I will find a replacement!”

These failures have resulted in smuggling going essentially unimpeded, with only three smugglers for every ten being intercepted, and only a third the time resulting in destruction or capture. City watchmen have been working around the clock in an attempt to fight this at a local level, yet most criminals and vagabonds looking to evade Hegemonic law have begun to use mobile shops, slipping into cities to make sales, before ducking back out to the Wasteland, where pursuit is difficult. Nevertheless, we stand with our brave and loyal city watchmen, and navy personnel, Honor, Fire, Burn thy fear!

4E447BF1-91F5-464B-9019-7E111CC6392F.png.9066ad068c851a1f600f7523b5019875.png.f27a81f842f817437d8b83ac26407a90.png

Rationing Begins as Food Shortage Hits

Early this morning, at a planned time, the Hegemon himself spoke to the nation over the radio, as peasants and nobles alike crowded around to hear him. He said the following:

“My subjects– I address you today not with joy or happiness, but with a solemn promise, we shall overcome. We shall overcome. We overcame the Traditionalist Coalition, we overcame a civil war which threatened to put our crown on an illegitimate heir, and we will overcome this next crisis. I have full faith in every one of you, and know that if all act with honor, do their duties, we have nothing to fear.”

He pauses for a second before continuing.

“It has been decided at the highest levels, using all information available, that the best course of action is to institute a policy of food rationing throughout the lands. This will be applicable to all Sinta, none shall be treated differently than another in the eyes of my servants. This policy will begin immediately. As I speak, Watchmen, Kataphracts, and warriors move to secure all food storages, which will be collected and counted by members of the Master of Rivers staff.”

He pauses again.

“While I realize many of you may be afraid, do not worry. This is a short-term solution, made so that we can survive the next year as a people. After this year’s harvest, we will have enough food to feed all loyal citizens of the Hegemony until our long term solution can be put into place. What is that long term solution? Within this very system we have an untouched colony, able to ensure a stable food supply. With this in mind, we will begin to massively expand the farms and aquaculture centers on Ouerea, every land committing a certain number of peasants to be transferred there as workers, assisting the Guilds in construction. This is for the good of all Sinta.

“I wish to thank the people of Ouerea for accepting this proposal, and the agreement we reached with them will be beneficial for all Sinta. The Hegemony will be repealing all new tariffs and taxes in place for other colonies from Ouerea, and ensure those working the fields will be paid fairly, and be majority Ouerean and, in turn, Hegemonic.

“We are able to overcome this dark time as we have overcome any in the past: cooperation, cunning, steadfast ideals, and trust, placed in each other. Honor, Fire, Burn thy fear!”

Immediately after the speech ended, and the food storages had been secured, members of the Master of River’s staff began to quantify food supplies in every major city, moving more to those who had too little, and away from those who had too much under armed guard. Members are confident that if all goes as planned, there will be enough food to make it over the year long period before the farms of Ouerea are producing at the necessary amount.

Further information was also released after the speech by High Speaker Seleta Sarnac, who read a decree, signed by the Hegemon himself, that throughout the Hegemony it is now a extreme offense to steal food, punishable by between 15-20 years of hard labor, and those lords who swore fealty to the Hegemon are required to enforce this by word of mouth and claw. Those caught attempting theft of food, but did not complete the act, should have placed on them a fine and recommended counseling with a shaman of their choosing under Th’akh or Sk’akh. In addition to these new protections placed upon foodstuffs, the Master of Rivers spoke about how food will be distributed across the lands. All clans will be required to register themselves and all their members with a local representative of the Hegemon, who will oversee the distribution of food. Registration will include being given a card with dates of the month to come pick up food, what the food will be, and having a photo of the cardholder member to ensure none cheat the system. Those who wish may get a second copy of the photo to be framed and kept at home.

Edited by Triogenix
  • 4 weeks later...

4E447BF1-91F5-464B-9019-7E111CC6392F.png.9066ad068c851a1f600f7523b5019875.png.7f43d365d9379986bf554aa4f1b4c079.png

Hephaestus Industries announces construction of a new branch office on Moghes!

Hephaestus Industries has announced the creation of a new branch office in the city of Skamander earlier today, another milestone as the relationship between the corporation and our great state continues to grow. The announcement was followed by a press conference to which our reporters were invited; the press conference held by Hephaestus' Sector Administrator for the Hegemony, Yukal T’zakal, formerly a chief engineer for Hephaestus at the Ceres shipyards. Hephaestus’s Guildmaster, the Titan of Industry Aeson, and Head of Personnel Brizio Di Moze were also in attendance. Taking place in front of a massive empty lot that will soon become the newest branch office, Administrator T’zakal took the floor to speak to the assembled reporters. The speech was in Sinta’Unathi, but a translation to Tau Ceti Basic is available here.

"Hello, it is my pleasure to speak with you all today as our company reaches yet another milestone showing the outstanding and productive relationship we have with the Izweski Clan, and the other noble clans of the Hegemony. This branch office has been planned for sometime, however due to issues presented by the scarcity and collapse of the Solarian Alliance that only the great spirit could have predicted, construction had to be delayed. There is nothing we cannot overcome though, and I am pleased that today we are able to officially announce its construction. It has been a long time coming, and it is my hope that this office will fair better than the last one we had on Ouerea."

[The crowd chuffs some at the joke.]

"Before we get into questions, I would like to give you all some information. Firstly, construction is estimated to take about a month's time, and once complete, the office is expected to be in-between the New Hai Phong regional headquarters and the Burszian headquarters in terms of size. Second, this is to become my new home, if I ever actually have the time to put my feet up instead of managing one of Hephaestus’ fastest growing regions. Which is to say, whenever an arbek eats its own tail."

[The crowd chuffs a little harder, and even Aeson and other executives can be seen chuckling as translations catch up.]

"Thirdly, we expect that this will drastically increase the workforce we employ, not only in this city but throughout the Hegemony. It is our hope that we will see more and more Sinta joining our family, as this sector is beginning to become more important within our ranks.

"Thank you, I will now open the floor for questions."

Following questions revealed some additional information, the Branch office will be staffed primarily by Unathi working for the Hephaestus Guild, currently at an indeterminate number. Questions regarding the security of the Branch Office were answered with no comment, beyond that security considerations will be taken into account. The last question to be asked was a question about the timing, why was Hephaestus announcing this massive Branch Office now. Titanius Aeson, the Hephaestus Guildmaster, indicated he wished to answer the question; he said the following:

As we all know, Hephaestus Industries has had an amazing relationship with the Hegemony since we first arrived here. This branch office has been planned for some time, as this is one of our fastest growing regions, growth which we see continuing for the near future. With that alone, we would be building this branch office. However, there is a secondary consideration that exists now but did not previously. That is, honestly, we now expect our old growth predictions to double, or potentially triple. The collapse of the Solarian state has left nearly all of our resource extraction sectors in areas dominated by anarchy and warlordism, and we still need those resources in order to continue the work we have always done. There is an opportunity to expand those sectors here in the Hegemony, for our benefit but also for the benefit of the Hegemony’s citizens; the collapse has swung tens of billions of credits worth of business out of the Alliance, credits that will soon be the Hegemony’s. Finally building a branch office is our first step in the next level of our relationship.

The press conference ended shortly after, and construction is set to begin tomorrow. A new chapter in the relationship between our Hegemony and Hephaestus Industries has just been opened!

• 1 month later...

4E447BF1-91F5-464B-9019-7E111CC6392F.png.9066ad068c851a1f600f7523b5019875.png.6887e2dc1ad78844f3f3a4de72a8519b.png

Hephaestus Announces Completion of Branch Office!

Last month, Hephaestus Industries announced it would be constructing a branch office within the city of Skamander, and today it has announced its completion. The announcement comes without the fanfare or press conference expected with such, but a statement was released from the guildmaster Titanius Aeson’s office. The statement can be found below.

Today is a great day for Hephaestus Industries, and for the Hegemony. As I said in the press conference held a month ago, the construction of this branch office would be the first step in taking our relationship to the next level. I am already proud of what we have accomplished together, and look towards what we can do in the future. It is an honor to be called a Guildmaster within the Hegemony, and something that consistently brings me deep satisfaction upon hearing. It is my hope one day many Sinta will be able to call themselves guildsmen of Hephaestus Industries, and feel the same satisfaction I do in those moments. Recently, I read a classical human novel and came across a quote which I would like to share.

“Why did you do all this for me?' he asked. 'I don't deserve it. I've never done anything for you.' 'You have been my friend,' replied Charlotte. 'That in itself is a tremendous thing.'"

Hephaestus operates on three principles, family, loyalty, and honor. We were welcomed into the Hegemony as friends, granted privileges and rights afforded to no other human corporations, and have prospered alongside you. We will stand by the Hegemony’s side through thick and thin, as that is what friends must do for each other.

Signed Tintanius Aeson, Hephaestus Guildmaster.

The guildmaster’s short but powerful statement was not only a message to the press, but a message to all loyal subjects of the Hegemony. It is always good to see that despite the darkness that surrounds us, we will have friends we can rely on.

• 5 months later...

image.png.41b62ac9e515c5603da78793a35d985d.png

Hegemon Announces Intent To Marry

At a public appearance in Skalamar today, Hegemon Not’zar Izweski, First of His Name, has announced his intent to marry! Ever since his coronation, the people of the Hegemony have wondered as to Not’zar’s plans for succession - while currently his nephew S’krest Izweski stands to inherit, it has been a common matter of discussion among the nobility as to whether he will seek to father hatchlings of his own.

In Skalamar this morning, the Hegemon stated before his court that for the good of clan and Hegemony, he intends to find a spouse before the year is out. The assembled nobility and bards assaulted the Hegemon with questions, but he offered no further remarks on the situation, and departed from the chamber. 

The news has sent Skalamar into an uproar, with many patriots celebrating their Hegemon’s decision to marry - though, with such premature jubilation comes uncertainty. Since the civil war, the balance of power within the Hegemony has been a delicate one, and whichever noble clan manages to secure a bond of marriage with the Izweski will secure their status for years to come. 

Already, across Moghes, in the courts and the chambers of every lord and lady of note, plans are being drafted to send suitors to Skalamar and secure a potential marriage, though none have yet officially come forward to state their intent! However, as bards race against each other to catch up on the story, all will be keeping a very close eye on any new arrivals to the capital in the coming weeks!

From us at Sinta Articles here in Skalamar, and bards across our great nation, we eagerly await to see who casts their blades into the ring for the Hegemon’s hand, as well as who, in time, will ultimately emerge on top? 

One of our reporters attempted to contact Spymistress Hizoni Razi, one of the Hegemon’s closest confidants and advisors, for comment, but she was not available to give us a statement at this time. However, her silence on this matter could be indicative that long-standing rumours of a relationship between the two are perhaps blossoming into something more.

Edited by RustingWithYou
formatting

image.png.ffb3a1aee41e5508570788550f125b00.png

Hegemon's Hand Seeks Hegemon's Hand!

Following this week’s earlier announcement by the Hegemon of his plans to marry, the first suitor to announce her interest, Lady Seleta Sarnac, High Speaker of the Izweski, has declared her intent to wed the Hegemon! During an exclusive interview with Sinta Articles earlier today, Lady Sarnac stated that “I have been a faithful ally of our Hegemon for years now, and I admire his vision and cleverness greatly. By joining my clan to his own, I would seek to help guide the Izweski Hegemony into the shining future that we deserve.” 

As High Speaker of the Hegemon, Lady Sarnac has been a steadfast supporter of the Izweski through many of the recent trials and tribulations, and is often seen as a voice for the more “progressive” Sinta. Critics, however, say that she is a dangerous influence, intent on tearing down the traditional values of our nation and people. Others who align more with her values say that as a close ally of Hegemon Not’zar for years, the High Speaker would likely prove a safe choice for a marriage, if he intends to bind his existing allies closer to him. 

Lady Sarnac also addressed the claims about her radical nature, informing Sinta Articles that “I love tradition. The ways of our people are what give us strength, from the Tza Prairie to Janvir - but tradition does not mean mindlessly clinging to what has been. The Sinta’Unathi are playing in a larger field now than that of our ancestors - and we must adapt if we are to thrive in the years to come.”

Strong words from a strong contender! But who will emerge to oppose her, in her pursuit of the Hegemon? Sinta Articles reached out again to Spymistress Hizoni Razi for comment, and were granted a brief interview. All she had to say on the matter was simply that “I am a faithful ally and servant to our Hegemon, as are we all. I am sure that whomever he does choose to wed, he will do so for the benefit of the nation - and I will be there to defend him, come what may.”

Spymaster Razi declined to comment further on whether she intended to seek the Hegemon’s hand herself.

image.png.f46b53fd5b00988c824faa1e70c1c661.png

Further Suitors Arrive in Skalamar!

Two further nobles have arrived in Skalamar today, both declaring their intent to woo the Hegemon! Lady Zsash Hutay’zai, daughter of the honoured Master of Rivers, Lord of the Wastes and Overlord of Moghes, Azui Hutay’zai, arrived with a substantial retinue to the city gates today, making no secret of her intentions! While Overlord Hutay’zai is a trusted ally of the Hegemon, his daughter according to our sources shares his Th’akh faith, a concern to many of the Sk’akh faithful.Some religious scholars say however that it could help with bringing followers of the historically decentralised religion into the fold. When asked for comment by one of our reporters, Lady Hutay’zai stated that “The Hutay’zai have been staunch allies of the Izweski since my father pledged his fealty to them. Regardless of our difference in faith, I have hope that Hegemon Not’zar will see the benefits of this marriage, whatever the priests may say on it.”

Strong words, but some critics say that the last thing the Hegemon needs now is to anger the archpriests further - with his father’s war against the church, the burning of the Scept, and the exile of former High Priest Yizra Unzi, relations between the Izweski and the church have been strained for years. 

Also arriving in Skalamar from the Southlands was Rokasi Miazso, Lord of Jaz’zirt, Overlord of Moghes and noted romantic - famously, during the Contact War, Overlord Miazso was said to write a poem so beautiful that it convinced a Traditionalist lord to defect that same day! Known as a swordsman and poet of great skill, Overlord Miazso is, thanks to our readers’ opinion poll, considered the most eligible bachelor in the Southlands! While the matter of heirs would be an obvious concern in such a marriage, some critics of the Hegemon’s foreign policy have said that the Aspect of the Warrior’s blessing is just what Hegemon Not’zar needs in a marriage. 

When asked for comment by our reporters, Overlord Miazo said that “The heart desires as it may, and what are we Sinta to stand in the way of such things? The Hegemon has led our people up from the ashes of his father’s folly, and he knows that the stars themselves are our birthright. Who could not fall in love with a man such as that?”

While love certainly is a powerful motivator, it is notable that the Miazso clan’s power in the Southlands has been unstable in recent years, with the recent food shortages placing a heavy toll on local clans - and securing closer ties to the Izweski would certainly help the Overlord in reinforcing his own position. In addition, his clan has had a long-held rivalry with the Sarnac, and his attempts to woo the Hegemon may be a preventive measure, to prevent the High Speaker and her clan from gaining further leverage over the balance of power within the nation.

Regardless of motives, remember - for the first, best and fastest coverage of the upcoming Hegemonic marriage, stick with the news you can trust, here at Sinta Articles!

Edited by RustingWithYou
forgot title lol
  • Like 1

image.png.44def7b7ac1293bce27eb44446288d26.png

Suitor from the Stars! 

While in recent weeks, suitors from across Moghes have arrived to seek the Hegemon’s hand, earlier today an entirely unexpected visitor has entered the fray - Chief Ozesh Zuruziir, from the Ouerean Confederation. The Ouerean chieftess arrived by shuttle in Skalamar earlier today, bringing exotic gifts from the oldest Sinta colony to offer the Hegemon - as well as her hand in marriage. 

The relationship between Ouerea and Moghes has often been a fraught one, with the recent rebellions being fresh in the minds of many - to some of those here on Moghes, Ouerea’s tradition of democratic rule is an act of defiance, and that a marriage to Zuruziir would be taken as Hegemonic endorsement of their rebellious ways, as well as welcoming alien influence from the human and Skrell population of the planet.

However, supporters of Zuruziir claim that the recent rebellions are exactly why, now more than ever, it is critical for the Hegemon to bind the colonists to his cause. Ouerea is a jewel in the Izweski crown, and another rebellion could potentially be crippling to perceptions of Hegemon Not’zar’s authority. 

For those of our readers who don’t know much about Ouerea, each region of the planet forms what’s called by the locals a “Great-Clan”, representing the various cities of the area. These Great-Clans elect chiefs, who elect elder chiefs, forming an institution called the Synod of Scales, which makes decisions about planetary management. Very different from the traditional role of Overlords, the Overlord of Ouerea’s role is more of a liaison between Moghes and the colony, instead of wielding direct power - a state of affairs that came about after the treachery of Overlord Yiztek in negotiations during the rebellion of 2461.

While the Zuruziir are an old noble clan, Ozesh's power comes largely from her elected position as a chief - one of the few women to hold such an office. Rumours from our Ouerean correspondents for years have stated that she intends to secure her clan a position of power within the Synod, and lodge herself firmly at the heart of Ouerea’s relations with the homeworld and outlying colonies - however, a marriage to the Hegemon would certainly help the young and ambitious chieftess in securing her personal power on Ouerea.

As recent food shortages continue to grip Moghes, Ouerea is positioned to have great importance to the future of the Hegemony - as a planet untouched by the scars of the Contact War, the farms and fisheries of Ouerea have been the beneficiaries of much investment from the Izweski, with Hegemon Not’zar planning to transform Ouerea into the breadbasket of Moghes. With Ouerea set to take such a crucial role in the future, a marriage to the chieftess could be a key part of Hegemon Not’zar’s strategy moving forward.

The race for the Hegemon’s hand heats up, with all four of the suitors having been seen in Hegemon Not’zar’s company - one of our photographers caught an exclusive shot of Lord Miazso and the Hegemon enjoying a glass of Sarezhi on one of the balconies of the Izweski Keep, overlooking the Moghresian Sea - a view to die for, some have said, but is it a view to marry for? One of our sources within the keep has also said that the Hegemon was seen attending a Th’akh ceremony with the young Lady Hutay’zai - could this be simple curiosity about faiths aside from his own, or a sign of blossoming romance among the Hegemony’s mightiest! 

And now, a word from our sponsors. Have you grown tired of paying guild dues to an organisation that seems determined not to let you advance? Want to make money for your clan before your eyes are dulled with age? Inquire today to see if a job with Hephaestus Industries is right for you! See exotic locales, earn a journeyman’s pay out the door, and be a part of tomorrow, today! Hephaestus - the anvil upon which the world is shaped! 

• Like 2