Vaurca Feedback Thread

SilverTalismen

Most of the Vaurca players that I have had the chance to interact with have demonstrated their role extremely well I feel. I do find the bound very interesting, almost makes me want to make a Vaurca application. Maybe later. But anyways, I like how things have turned out with their integration.

I love them. The players who are currently whitelisted to play Vaurca have been doing a fantastic job, and I had the fortune of having a lab assistant who was willing to give me an in-depth description of his species and their societal structures and nomenclature, which helps me impress the ladies when I'm like: Oh this is so and so of X hive, he's an (un)bound warrior/worker/(lol no breeders on station) type.

One thing I've noticed with Vaurca players is that in the case of bound Vaurca, there seem to be differences in opinion as to whether a Vaurca is meant to follow a hierarchy of command on board the station, or just obey any logical/reasonable command. I'm ignorant of the species lore at the moment so I don't even know which interpretation of being a drone is 'more' correct, but it might have implications for how Vaurca characters are expected to behave, and so some clarification there would be cool.

I had my first run-in with two Vaurca last night.

A drone had an infection in his right arm and hand. The unbound doctor that was treating him had already tried spaceacillin.

CMO suggested using a special disinfectant during surgery.

I was operating when humans in medbay began hallucinating. CMO supposedly had the disinfectant(RP or no?) but was later found dead via "organic needle".

We had already tried everything so I switched to plan B- cut it off; yet I was incapacitated before I could amputate the arm and he died of toxins on the operating table.

Vaurca doctor LOOC "Bugs with bugs"

I asked this question in a dedicated Lore Question thread, but it got no replies, so I'll ask them here.

First, how do the Vaurca reckon age? It seems like a Bound might be genuinely less than a year old; an Unbound, on the other hand, might well be (because of body-switching and the Virtual Realm) thousands of years old.

Second, how do their occupation qualifications work? They've only been discovered for two years, meaning none of them could work their way up the ranks. Is there a board of a council in the Hives that could offer an equivalent qualification, such that NT would accept?

Vaurca stole a large amount of data when they encountered humanity on the Aurora, from Auroras database, and the Extranet, blueprints, tutorials, books and books on this new sector of space, their VR's were introduced with all of this new information and data about the new species and machinery, Drones were familiarized with what they would be working with, be it machinery, locations, planets, species for the most part, So they can be very qualified for their assigned work but nearly nothing outside of it

Vaurca stole a large amount of data when they encountered humanity on the Aurora, from Auroras database, and the Extranet, blueprints, tutorials, books and books on this new sector of space, their VR's were introduced with all of this new information and data about the new species and machinery, Drones were familiarized with what they would be working with, be it machinery, locations, planets, species for the most part, So they can be very qualified for their assigned work but nearly nothing outside of it

The question remains of how Nanotrasen ever thought hiring the people who stole "a large amount of data" from one of their most important stations was a good idea.

So if a given Drone - let's say it's an Unbound drone - is certified to work in, say, Atmospheric Engineering, what would they write under their Employment Records?

Vaurca stole a large amount of data when they encountered humanity on the Aurora, from Auroras database, and the Extranet, blueprints, tutorials, books and books on this new sector of space(...)

The question remains of how Nanotrasen ever thought hiring the people who stole "a large amount of data" from one of their most important stations was a good idea.

Yup, I'm just going to link my own, slightly changed post, here.

Stealing data from NanoTrasen? Sensitive information, employment and private records, research schematics? All NanoTrasen's swindles, monkey businesses, shady stuff, possibly illegal disposing of inconvenient people? Totally not a crime and NanoTrasen thinks it's okay. Hiring Vaurca just because they're the new specie? Ignoring how bound are really stupid and useless? If I'm reading correctly, Vaurca aren't even numbered or named, no one even knows how many of them there's out there, it's like hiring IPC's without them having any serial/production numbers or tags, or any documentation. You don't even know if the Vaurca is the Vaurca you think it is, because of this stupid VR and body swaps. Governments obviously really like this, yeah. What is this, forced integration? Forcefully and unnaturally inserting/putting/sticking these bugs everywhere, with quite poor reasoning, "hand waving".

And it's just from the OOC standpoint. What about IC relations, it's been just a year. Vaurca should still be studied and diplomats should only be establishing trade routes and treaties (and the "lingua franca" or something). There shouldn't be any mass-hiring. What about societies, countries and alliances? Other races are accepting Vaurca, just because? What about specieism/racism, everyone is pro-Vaurca? I wonder how this hasn't ended with a war.

Vaurca lore is bad. Vaurca are bad. And there's barely any good explanation about any of this.

Vaurca stole a large amount of data when they encountered humanity on the Aurora, from Auroras database, and the Extranet, blueprints, tutorials, books and books on this new sector of space(...)

Yup, I'm just going to link my own, slightly changed post, here.

Stealing data from NanoTrasen? Sensitive information, employment and private records, research schematics? All NanoTrasen's swindles, monkey businesses, shady stuff, possibly illegal disposing of inconvenient people? Totally not a crime and NanoTrasen thinks it's okay. Hiring Vaurca just because they're the new specie? Ignoring how bound are really stupid and useless? If I'm reading correctly, Vaurca aren't even numbered or named, no one even knows how many of them there's out there, it's like hiring IPC's without them having any serial/production numbers or tags, or any documentation. You don't even know if the Vaurca is the Vaurca you think it is, because of this stupid VR and body swaps. Governments obviously really like this, yeah. What is this, forced integration? Forcefully and unnaturally inserting/putting/sticking these bugs everywhere, with quite poor reasoning, "hand waving".

And it's just from the OOC standpoint. What about IC relations, it's been just a year. Vaurca should still be studied and diplomats should only be establishing trade routes and treaties (and the "lingua franca" or something). There shouldn't be any mass-hiring. What about societies, countries and alliances? Other races are accepting Vaurca, just because? What about specieism/racism, everyone is pro-Vaurca? I wonder how this hasn't ended with a war.

Vaurca lore is bad. Vaurca are bad. And there's barely any good explanation about any of this.

I'm also going to point out, I hope this doesn't sound rude, But nodoubt all of NT's shady illegal information is not kept soley on aurora but infact in their main headquarters heavily encrypted, What the vaurca stole was PUBLIC information, stuff easily avaliable and not protected like NT's secrets and illegal dealings are, And the reasoning behind 'sticking' these bugs everywhere is that the Vaurca are giving out their bound and unbound in the hundreds fo thousands, if not millions, as a sign of good will towards seven brand new species that they have encountered to show they aren't some invasion force to wage war across the Sol universe.

They were explorers and colonists, The worst thing they may have taken from public information is Auroras library archive on books which can in turn carry basic schematics for machinery, textbooks like the ones in engineering or medical that they have readily anyway, and yes they downloaded shit from the extranet which they had access to via the newscasters that correct me if I'm wrong, are connected to said extranet and again the more serious shit is heavily encoded, I doubt they would have understood human coding well enough to break it, to them it would have been some wall of no data.

So they took what was already readily avaliable and public information or what was out of date and therefore not important to protect so the hives, in the first sign of goodwill to eachother in this new time, Shared this information with eachother and stopped their fighting so they could learn that they weren't alone in this universe as they may have thought, Making assumptions on a species and believing they would automatically go for a unknown factions illegal and shady information because ' why not we just got here, lets piss off seven new species and cause a war we would more than likely lose', They took public information avaliable and unprotected because thats all they could get and understand.

The lore says that only recently Vaurca have begun to been hired and lent out, The bound are being hired because, despite being stupid, they are far from useless, they can be used in mines and work almost non-stop, They can haul cargo, prepare food, Do general maitenence or more complicated maintenance because thats their purpose, they aren't numbered or tracked because there are literally millions upon millions of them per hive, if you want to go through and label them one by one then you can go ahead, Nano-transen is hiring these Vaurca because they have proven themselves resourceful and in the bounds case they are easy to replace, nobody cares when bound die its like loosing one of those little maintenance drones, another slides into place and continues to work.

And the 'body swaps' don't happen that often, The only time a body swap happens is if a unbound is raffled out of the VR and put into a bound body and then given some time for recovery and adjusting they begin working their assigned job for a set period of time before being given the option to return to VR, or remain outside of it for the same period of time, Nodoubt NT would recieve notification from the hive about this who would then intern, alert the workers of where they are working at and medical staff so people are aware of this change

So if a given Drone - let's say it's an Unbound drone - is certified to work in, say, Atmospheric Engineering, what would they write under their Employment Records?

Yes, when a unbound is hired for a job, They are given a basic test, more than likely something NT designed holographically with a given worst case situation regarding the job and they are tasked to correct the situation effectivly and if they pass then they have proven, with a board of people judging them more than likely, that they are capable enough for their work

One thing I've noticed with Vaurca players is that in the case of bound Vaurca, there seem to be differences in opinion as to whether a Vaurca is meant to follow a hierarchy of command on board the station, or just obey any logical/reasonable command. I'm ignorant of the species lore at the moment so I don't even know which interpretation of being a drone is 'more' correct, but it might have implications for how Vaurca characters are expected to behave, and so some clarification there would be cool.

Well how I would treat it is a chain of obedience, its head of department (or captain if lacking) then department co-workers,Then those outside of department, station guests and then finally those outside of station personnel who can then fall into the prior catagory when authorized as a guest of the station

Well how I would treat it is a chain of obedience, its head of department (or captain if lacking) then department co-workers,Then those outside of department, station guests and then finally those outside of station personnel who can then fall into the prior catagory when authorized as a guest of the station

Do other Vaurca have a "back door" into this situation? What happens if an unbound Vaurca gives an order to a bound one in a different department?

Also, in case anyone cares, I've re-printed my records for one of my Vaurca characters.

Medical Records: None. A note from the Integrity Board of Sedantis stating that BA-type body is 'correct' upon assumption by Akaix'Tlexa Zo'ra in 2456, and re-affirmed on January 1st, 2458.

Employment Records: None. According to the Unbound Noyau of Sedantis, Akaix'Tlexa Zo'ra presently carries qualifications equivalent to, and sufficient for, a valid Security Warden or below. Prior to that, he was employed as something called, and admittedly ill-translated as, "First Speaker of the Temple for Praxis in Motion." This employment has an end-date - 31/12/2457 - but no start date.

Security Records: None. A note from the Unbound Noyau of Sedantis stating that Akaix'Tlexa Zo'ra is 'without blandishment' as of 31/12/2456, countersigned by the Cleanliness Board of the same.

What I am getting from this post is that Vaurca do not have 'work experience;' they're just qualified for the job by testing.

Yes, when a unbound is hired for a job, They are given a basic test, more than likely something NT designed holographically with a given worst case situation regarding the job and they are tasked to correct the situation effectivly and if they pass then they have proven, with a board of people judging them more than likely, that they are capable enough for their work

What I am getting from this post is that Vaurca do not have 'work experience;' they're just qualified for the job by testing.

What class is this character of yours? Bound or unbound? and they are qualified for their jobs by hive standards but must prove it to their employers in some way