Hiya, SHODAN, the player of Sophie Rifler the Warden/Detective here. I feel like my RP is slowly improving, however I was wondering what people thought about my character.

Do you have any grievances? (If so, please explain what they are)

Anything I could improve on with her? (If so, please explain what they are)

Anything you actually like about her? (If so, please explain what they are)

Please feel free to say whatever, I would like to improve so if there is ANYTHING you feel like I am not hot on, let me know. You can also contact me on discord, tag SHODAN#6224

Thank you for your time <3

Edited by Guest

Sophie is at times unbelievable, hard to follow, and over the top. She is also a character who routinely drives worthwhile interaction, forces conflict when it's needed, and acts as a decision maker, usually to the benefit of the round she's in.

I like that she does what she does, most of the time. I just wish she played antagonist less, so I could get a better feel for her behavior under normal conditions. I would also like her to take things more slowly, all around. The slow burn is worth savoring.

Edited by Guest

Overall, I enjoy the brash, aggressive attitude Sophie has. I think it's interesting, and creates a dynamic in sec between the more reserved officers and the more gung-ho ones.

I do however think she needs to slow down with the baton a little. Aside from that, she's an enjoyable, competent person to have in security.

I'm 50/50 on Sophie right now. Your roleplaying has most definitely improved, to the point where I would consider you one of the better RPers here. However, it seems that she is almost too brash, and willing to completely defy command on a whim, and while that sort of thing is fine, you should be RPing it out a lot more than I have seen you do. Especially when I was the captain, wanting some changelings secured to send to CC (for the OOC purpose of possibly allowing them to escape and continue antagging) and you just wanted to... space them. It seemed incredibly validy.

There are a few more instances where I feel you were a bit validhunty, but your play as an antag is very good. You do not gank, you roleplay very well as an antagonist, and I have enjoyed all of the rounds where you have played antagonist, so props to you on that.

Overall, Sophie is fun, but perhaps could tone down or develop further the defiance of command.

STOP BREAKING THE LAW, CRIMINAL SCUM

but seriously, Sophie breaks regulations almost on a daily basis from what i've observed, abusing prisoners, unneeded use of force etc etc, at this rate they'll get fired by the DOs.

i don't know if they've changed lately but i sure hope so.

Okay, first of all I want to thank everyone here for their correspondence, I really appreciate it and it is definitely going to be taken into account as I develop my character further. For now though, let me address the posts listed one-by-one.

They're good. I like them as Warden; dedicated and reliable. I also like the brash actions she takes; she seems to always be ready to fight someone over something.

I'm glad you like my character, and yeah - she is supposed to be a little brash when it comes to keeping the station safe, and can even be a little stubborn sometimes.

Sophie is at times unbelievable, hard to follow, and over the top. She is also a character who routinely drives worthwhile interaction, forces conflict when it's needed, and acts as a decision maker, usually to the benefit of the round she's in.

I like that she does what she does, most of the time. I just wish she played antagonist less, so I could get a better feel for her behavior under normal conditions. I would also like her to take things more slowly, all around. The slow burn is worth savoring.

I will be turning off quite a few of my antag preferences for the days to come to show people how she actually acts when not trying to fuck up the station. I would like people to get to know her a little better, and so this is a must. I am toning her down a little when it comes down to confrontations, the locker incident is a prime example of me going to far and unrealistically representing the character.

Overall, I enjoy the brash, aggressive attitude Sophie has. I think it's interesting, and creates a dynamic in sec between the more reserved officers and the more gung-ho ones.

I do however think she needs to slow down with the baton a little. Aside from that, she's an enjoyable, competent person to have in security.

You deserved the baton :D

I'm 50/50 on Sophie right now. Your roleplaying has most definitely improved, to the point where I would consider you one of the better RPers here. However, it seems that she is almost too brash, and willing to completely defy command on a whim, and while that sort of thing is fine, you should be RPing it out a lot more than I have seen you do. Especially when I was the captain, wanting some changelings secured to send to CC (for the OOC purpose of possibly allowing them to escape and continue antagging) and you just wanted to... space them. It seemed incredibly validy.

There are a few more instances where I feel you were a bit validhunty, but your play as an antag is very good. You do not gank, you roleplay very well as an antagonist, and I have enjoyed all of the rounds where you have played antagonist, so props to you on that.

Overall, Sophie is fun, but perhaps could tone down or develop further the defiance of command.

I am glad you mentioned this, I felt really shitty after thinking about the locker incident, and while she may voice her opinions of bringing these creatures back to central, she definitely wouldn't go against command like that realistically - she likes being employed. As mentioned in another area of feedback, I will be toning down her 'resistance' to command, making her character believably confrontational.

I am glad you enjoy how I play antag roles though, I do try to make it fun for the crew.

STOP BREAKING THE LAW, CRIMINAL SCUM

but seriously, Sophie breaks regulations almost on a daily basis from what i've observed, abusing prisoners, unneeded use of force etc etc, at this rate they'll get fired by the DOs.

i don't know if they've changed lately but i sure hope so.

This is the one bit of criticism that I do not really agree with, I understand that I have broken some regulations during my time playing as her, but this was either due to the station going to hell on a code red emergency, or when she is an antag (I roll it a lot, turning some preferences off to show people how she really acts). it may have also been when she was really new, as this is my first character on Aurora, and security was the first role that I played. I believe that if you saw how she acted nowadays, you would be much happier with how she performs her role as security.

If you have any specific examples that I may have forgotten, feel free to list them down below so I may address them.

And that concludes the current criticisms - feel free to add more, and to give me hell about my character over discord.

Well, you did baton me excessively twice, two rounds in a row.

One time I was aramis and you stunned me no less than 7 times while disobeying orders and spacing a lings, when I wasnt even breaking the law or resisting.

The other time I made the incident report on.

I'm not the type of person to hold grudges, but I agree with berry, from what I've seen you do break regulations quite a bit. Maybe just stretch them instead of break>

One time I was aramis and you stunned me no less than 7 times while disobeying orders and spacing a lings, when I wasnt even breaking the law or resisting.

I'm not the type of person to hold grudges, but I agree with berry, from what I've seen you do break regulations quite a bit. Maybe just stretch them instead of break>

The time with Aramis was when she was actively disobeying command and resisting arrest (something I have vowed to fix) and she did not want you running away to tell the officers where she was - there was a reason behind what she did (yes, it was a breach in regulations).

The other time is a pending IR and I do not want to comment on it too much, I hope you can understand.

I don't think its fair to say she breaks regulation 'quite a bit' based on two encounters with her, but I have taken that into account when it comes to developing my character.

The time with Aramis was when she was actively disobeying command and resisting arrest (something I have vowed to fix) and she did not want you running away to tell the officers where she was - there was a reason behind what she did (yes, it was a breach in regulations).

The other time is a pending IR and I do not want to comment on it too much, I hope you can understand.

I don't think its fair to say she breaks regulation 'quite a bit' based on two encounters with her, but I have taken that into account when it comes to developing my character.

You are right, I shouldn't judge a book by its cover (and it's first page).

I mean, the first one is pretty inexcusable as a sec officer. There's no way she doesn't get demoted to cadet even she even attempts that. However, you were dealing with an antag, so Aramis couldn't report it or do anything cept let you get arrested.

Second one was just shit RNG. Somehow, the fucking telescopic baton caused serious heart damage. I have no idea how, but it did, and Leonce wasn't too happy about that.

However, we all make rash decisions from time to time in security.

You are right, I shouldn't judge a book by its cover (and it's first page).

I mean, the first one is pretty inexcusable as a sec officer. There's no way she doesn't get demoted to cadet even she even attempts that. However, you were dealing with an antag, so Aramis couldn't report it or do anything cept let you get arrested.

Second one was just shit RNG. Somehow, the fucking telescopic baton caused serious heart damage. I have no idea how, but it did, and Leonce wasn't too happy about that.

However, we all make rash decisions from time to time in security.

Agreed 100%

There's also the time you stomped on a guy after he was downed about 4 times because he punched you in the back. and who knows what other incidents there was, but that was a while ago.

the point is security is given so much equipment to not cause any actual harm, but more often than i would like, you would go for the damaging route.

that usually doesn't put your character in favorable view, and for someone seeing you for the first time they'd label you a generic shitcurity officer.

There's also the time you stomped on a guy after he was downed about 4 times because he punched you in the back. and who knows what other incidents there was, but that was a while ago.

the point is security is given so much equipment to not cause any actual harm, but more often than i would like, you would go for the damaging route.

that usually doesn't put your character in favorable view, and for someone seeing you for the first time they'd label you a generic shitcurity officer.

Yes, I remember this well and it was when I was quite new to the server - I did not roleplay my character properly - however I believe I has remedied most issues as I slowly tried to improve my roleplay to a more realistic standard that is enjoyable for others.

All I can do is prove this via further non-antag roles, and for you to see how my character now interacts with others (in a much more professional manner, I assure you <3).

Whoever that was I apologise for doing so, and I hope you can see how I am slowly improving to make a much more enjoyable experience for all.

Yes, I remember this well and it was when I was quite new to the server - I did not roleplay my character properly - however I believe I has remedied most issues as I slowly tried to improve my roleplay to a more realistic standard that is enjoyable for others.

All I can do is prove this via further non-antag roles, and for you to see how my character now interacts with others (in a much more professional manner, I assure you <3).

Whoever that was I apologise for doing so, and I hope you can see how I am slowly improving to make a much more enjoyable experience for all.

as long as you took criticism to heart and realized your earlier mistakes then I have no issues with you at all now, hell I like you a bit. not everyone can accept the errors they've taken.

on a more positive note: for a new officer, sophie is pretty robust compared to the average officer.

as long as you took criticism to heart and realized your earlier mistakes then I have no issues with you at all now, hell I like you a bit. not everyone can accept the errors they've taken.

on a more positive note: for a new officer, sophie is pretty robust compared to the average officer.

I made this thread because I 'eventually' wanted to apply for head roles, and just curious as to know what I am doing wrong/right in the eyes of others - I am talking all criticism on board and thinking about the kind of person I want my character to be (writing backstory etc).

I really appreciate the feedback, and I know that you have to go out of your way to write about my character - so thanks again to all of you. And yes, my RP was shitty when I first joined but I hope I have improved/continue to improve as time goes on so that people can have a better time around me.

On the last note - I play antag a lot. I get practise (although I will be disabling most roles to get more RP that better represents my character). So heh..robust as fuck :D

I'm glad you made this thread, because you told me you were going to make a head app, and I was going to DM you, asking to fix the stuff that has been brought up. I'm glad I didn't have to put a -1 on the app. You are showing a really good attitude here, looking at each criticism, saying what you did wrong and how you will fix it, but you don't just roll over, and make reasonable counter-arguments when you do disagree. Definitely bring this thread up when you make your head app.

Also, take the too much antag comments seriously. Don't let Rifler become Humblin.

I'm glad you made this thread, because you told me you were going to make a head app, and I was going to DM you, asking to fix the stuff that has been brought up. I'm glad I didn't have to put a -1 on the app. You are showing a really good attitude here, looking at each criticism, saying what you did wrong and how you will fix it, but you don't just roll over, and make reasonable counter-arguments when you do disagree. Definitely bring this thread up when you make your head app.

Also, take the too much antag comments seriously. Don't let Rifler become Humblin.

Thanks for the complement - and the reason I am disabling the antag roles for now is so that people can think about how I RP Rifler properly, when not an antag. I want them to be able to think about good points in my RP - not just 'they always play antag and so I cannot comment' - you know?

And hey - if I couldnt take criticism I wouldnt have opened a thread like this :D

• 2 years later...

Sophie Rifler Feedback Thread 2 - Sophie Hawkins Redemption Arc:

Hello everyone, time to revive a really old thread from the past so I can see if people are liking the changes made to the character. Before any of my ISD buddies make any comments I am going to preface this with a statement.

I GOT RID OF THE SKIRT, STOP ASKING ME.

With that out of the way, if anyone has some feedback for what is arguably my main character I would love to hear it. Always looking to improve.

EDIT: I know this is in the wrong subforum, its a really old post and I think the forum's structure might have changed over the years.

Edited by SHODAN