[Accepted] Geeves' Skrell Application

BYOND Key: Geeves

Character Names: Kuhserze Ioraks, Geoff Lufvio, Ka'Akaix'Sum Zo'ra, Za'Akaix'Zem Zo'ra, Za'Akaix'Loez C'thur, Aruzi Ozehko, Embrace of Rain (more than one person has this character name), Touch of the Light, Razor, S/Tpr. Mordecai

Species you are applying to play: Skrell

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Light Green

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: Mostly peer pressure from friends. But no, really. I’ve been looking at Skrell for a while now. The synthetic logic driven nature of them almost come as ironic, they really hate synths. This is undercut by the more youthful Skrell having a rebellious nature, I think this creates a nice niche for a character to toy with what a Skrell is and is perceived as. Not a cold-hard logic math-cracking science-nut, but a caring, adorable, talkative person.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: Older Skrell differ from humans in their perceived lack of emotion and their short manner of talking in Basic. Younger Skrell being the middle grounds between the two. The technological advantage, the raw patriotism and the mere fact that they’re amphibian humanoids as opposed to all the other races.

Character Name: Qilquum Xupraim

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Born upon one of the Federation’s outer colonies in the early 2410’s, the same year humans were discovered, Qil’s formal education centred around medicines. Her parents, a colony-wide known architect for a father and a mother, a microbiologist, specializing in moss and algae. They pushed her to become an expert in the field of virology, perhaps even tackling the genophage that had struck their species as a whole. She, however, struggled to comprehend the more difficult subjects. This forced her into lesser roles, much to the dismay of her parents. While studying, she managed to ‘acquire’ a Diona nymph, whom she had cared for without her parents’ noticing. She’d escape from her home and the pressures to succeed to visit swamps with the nymph, chatting the days away.

She quickly learned that while she did not have the smarts to comprehend the complexities of microbiology and virology, the procedure of medicines, caring for and treating wounds, which were quite frequent on the colony far from the core world, came naturally and quickly to her. She dropped out of the advanced classes, opting for what her peers and parents viewed as ‘lesser’ classes, CPR, EMT and finally, Paramedic. While she struggled and slogged through the previous classes, she aced these classes.

For years, she had worked on this colony, moving out of her parent’s house soon after graduating. She took the nymph with her and moved along with the heavy industry, where the business was. After the colony progressed to a self-sufficient and thriving world, the massive amount of medics weren’t needed. A massive emigration occured, her parents opting to move closer to the core worlds. Qil, however, had different plans. She traveled to a melting pot of species, it piqued her interest. Surely this will cause violence, and violence needs her to deal with it. Naturally, she took Nymphie with her, and after a short and surprisingly emotion-filled goodbye, she traveled to Tau Ceti.

After the events of the Lii’dra attack, which she survived through on New Gibson by hiding, she decided to move to Biesel. Shortly after moving there, she was forced into a Nanotrasen workplace, in this case, the NSS Aurora II. Here, she hopes to assist the space station and keep them alive.

What do you like about this character? She’s smart, but not crazy smart. Instead of pushing herself to achieve greatness, she crumpled and ended up achieving her best. She exists to help.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? I think I’ve gotten a little rusty, but I should still be alright!

Notes: Please, if I forgot something really important, tell me! I’m prone to going on tangents and not getting to the important bits!

He is a good man and yes, he undoubtedly deserves a whitelist. The application character does not boast any knowledge of the lore, but he displays lore knowledge in the other sections of the application. The character is nice, and we certainly need more warblers. It displays an interesting case of Skrell not following the fine line that most do, to the same level as their idols. Instead of becoming those captains and scientists, they are just a "lowly" paramedic. I think that is really interesting and would lead to conflict.

Very nice!

Geeves has done great with all the current whitelists that he holds, and his characters are always a great joy to interact with. I'm also always excited about the growing horde of skrell.

I do have some questions though, largely about what your character's feelings are towards synthetics, how she was taught to see them, how she feels about them now, and if she has any concern about going to Tau Ceti, a place known to have a high population of them and even gives them citizenship. Not just that though, but what does your character tend to do for hobbies in their free time? Do they have any things they particularly like doing, or find enjoyable? What about dislikes? That sort of thing.

I do have some questions though, largely about what your character's feelings are towards synthetics, how she was taught to see them, how she feels about them now, and if she has any concern about going to Tau Ceti, a place known to have a high population of them and even gives them citizenship. Not just that though, but what does your character tend to do for hobbies in their free time? Do they have any things they particularly like doing, or find enjoyable? What about dislikes? That sort of thing.

Alrighty, let's break this into chunks.

1) Synths, feelings, taught.

2) Tau Ceti in general

3) Likes and Dislikes

1) Glorsh-Omega literally attempted to sterilize their race, it's pretty damn difficult to turn a blind eye to that. Her parents would have told her horror stories, warning her of synthetic 'life'. Right now, she does not feel threatened by any artificial intelligence, more-so wary. The Federation has surely by now specced into heavy calibre ionic weaponry and as such, another singularity will not have as much of an effect as it had previously. As much as she dislikes synths, she sees them as a useful tool, much like the olden Skrell used to.

2) Tau Ceti, the cultural melting pot. She has lived there for approximately a year or two now, just moving around and helping on New Gibson, among the industrial workers. Having recently moved to Biesel itself, it is a large step up from New Gibson, but the culture clash is not as bad as it were if she were to have come here directly from her home planet. She does not fear Biesel or the Aurora, and finds it very exciting.

3) Likes, Dislikes, Hobbies. I'll be blatantly honest, I SUCK at creating these before I've properly played my character. I tend to ad-lib my characters, tacking on things that I believe they would find interesting as I go. So, again, honestly, I can't really say. TURBO QUOIT and Crashball, eh? Eh?

EDIT: Got an image of how she'd look like.

skrellie.png