Player Complaint - Maereo

BYOND Key: Kaedwuff

Game ID: bUh-auUK

Player Byond Key: Maereo

Staff involved: It was not ahelped because it was at the time a pretty IC issue.

Reason for complaint: This person, playing an IPC sec officer named KASS, was the first security officer I actually interacted with in this round, and my experience was thus:

I was in the middle of dominating someone in a hallway, and this officer walked up to me holding a combat shotgun in his hands, aimed a gun at me, and fired immediately. Now, according to the game logs, it was a reflexive fire, but I don't know what the bloody hell it was I did that caused him to fire reflexively on me, because I was standing completely still due to typing in the dominate textbox. But I did not notice he had aimed the gun at me (until he told me this several minutes minutes later in looc and I scrolled up and saw it), at which point I panicked and fled into a nearby corner about three squares away. Following this, he walked up to me and wordlessly fired the rifle at me again from point blank range, this time without even the pretense of aiming.

Now, I want to reiterate that this was, again, the first time I ran into an officer this round that had any kind of interaction with me. Apparently, I was wanted for 'attempted murder' charges against the Head of Personel (who I eye flashed and tried to knock over a few times before they ran off, not sure why that was attempted murder), but KASS did not seem to actually know this until much later in processing when the Head of Security presented the paperwork to me. Or, if he did, he did not seem to feel the need to explain charges or perform any action other than 'nab the antag'.

He was very insistent that he used beanbag shells, but I'm not sure why that made this behavior okay, when one hit put me into pain crit, and a second floored me. I legitimately thought he was trying to kill me, especially with the blood splatter effects the game displays.

At no point during any of this did he tell me I was under arrest, nor say anything, unless it was while I was blacked out on the floor from being shotgunned, nor did he make even the smallest attempt to get me to surrender, except a token aim action, which does not really qualify as attempting to arrest someone, especially when you can apparently fire on someone now without them realizing you are aiming? But this was filed under 'resisting arrest', because I did not let him wordlessly shotgun me down.

In any case, he spent much of the rest of the round hovering over me with the shotgun gripped in his hands, occasionally aiming it at me while I was bucklecuffed to a chair, and generally being really shitty and hyperaggressive. At several points, after I was killed by having my brain removed, I heard him bragging ICly about how many suspects he had taken down with his shotgun, and that he did not wish to give the shotgun up.

I'm not really sure why NT would be hiring a bloodthirsty, shoot first and ask questions later HUMAN, much less a robot. His character was completely unrealistic for an IPC, taking obvious an intense pleasure in his validhunting behavior, constantly mocking the prisoner, and for much of the time, seemed to have only the vaguest idea of why I was being arrested, just that I needed to be because I was wanted by security.

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation? No, because I preferred to put the entire experience in a post-round complaint, here.

Approximate Date/Time: 5/9/2018

Edited by Guest

Just want to add onto this, I saw this player do the same aim+shoot into the chest of a medical doctor who asked someone for nudes in what I think was either that round or the round before because they were 'sexually harassing' someone. They aimed, fired, and then said something to the effect of "you're lucky I don't arrest you". Rubber bullets can kill or seriously injure someone IRL. I get this may have been a misclick, but it means that this wasn't a one-time mistake, and they showed no remorse ICly for their actions.

Player Byond Key: Mateo (I might be spelling this wrong D:)

Staff involved: It was not ahelped because it was at the time a pretty IC issue.

Reason for complaint: This person, playing an IPC sec officer named KASS, was the first security officer I actually interacted with in this round, and my experience was thus:

I was in the middle of dominating someone in a hallway, and this officer walked up to me holding a combat shotgun in his hands, aimed a gun at me, and fired immediately. Now, according to the game logs, it was a reflexive fire, but I don't know what the bloody hell it was I did that caused him to fire reflexively on me, because I was standing completely still due to typing in the dominate textbox. But I did not notice he had aimed the gun at me (until he told me this several minutes minutes later in looc and I scrolled up and saw it), at which point I panicked and fled into a nearby corner about three squares away. Following this, he walked up to me and wordlessly fired the rifle at me again from point blank range, this time without even the pretense of aiming.

Now, I want to reiterate that this was, again, the first time I ran into an officer this round that had any kind of interaction with me. Apparently, I was wanted for 'attempted murder' charges against the Head of Personel (who I eye flashed and tried to knock over a few times before they ran off, not sure why that was attempted murder), but KASS did not seem to actually know this until much later in processing when the Head of Security presented the paperwork to me. Or, if he did, he did not seem to feel the need to explain charges or perform any action other than 'nab the antag'.

He was very insistent that he used beanbag shells, but I'm not sure why that made this behavior okay, when one hit put me into pain crit, and a second floored me. I legitimately thought he was trying to kill me, especially with the blood splatter effects the game displays.

At no point during any of this did he tell me I was under arrest, nor say anything, unless it was while I was blacked out on the floor from being shotgunned, nor did he make even the smallest attempt to get me to surrender, except a token aim action, which does not really qualify as attempting to arrest someone, especially when you can apparently fire on someone now without them realizing you are aiming? But this was filed under 'resisting arrest', because I did not let him wordlessly shotgun me down.

In any case, he spent much of the rest of the round hovering over me with the shotgun gripped in his hands, occasionally aiming it at me while I was bucklecuffed to a chair, and generally being really shitty and hyperaggressive. At several points, after I was killed by having my brain removed, I heard him bragging ICly about how many suspects he had taken down with his shotgun, and that he did not wish to give the shotgun up.

I'm not really sure why NT would be hiring a bloodthirsty, shoot first and ask questions later HUMAN, much less a robot. His character was completely unrealistic for an IPC, taking obvious an intense pleasure in his validhunting behavior, constantly mocking the prisoner, and for much of the time, seemed to have only the vaguest idea of why I was being arrested, just that I needed to be because I was wanted by security.

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation? No, because I preferred to put the entire experience in a post-round complaint, here.

Player Byond Key: Mateo (I might be spelling this wrong D:)

Okay allow me to retort, I noticed you stated all the faults I have created but is possible that maybe you were told you were being arrested? You didn't even know you were getting aimed at. Your whole argument about "why was I being arrested" when you said it yourself you were wanted by security, you had a warrant. You were told that many times you were there for attempted murder and your response each time was "OF WHO, OF WHO, OF WHO" after being told to a few times. You have another argument against IPC's not having a personality and you completely misslable my characters archetypes which I find frankly shocking considering you are a lore dev. That is your department, there is no set way an IPC is supposed to act. Let's not also forget the fact that I had to encourage YOU to stop being salty, you're a more prominent member of the community with your position and I had to ask YOU to stop being so salty and just make a character complaint. Then ontop of that instead of continuing roleplay as a borg you threw a fit and decided to log off.

I'd like to throw in that I was the head of personnel during this round. I was also a vampire during this, I ended up claiming attempted murder/being attacked at surface cargo after the second vampire (Aziri/Kaed) attacked me and was showing no real interest to work with me.

So that is where that charge came from, you also killed a Cargo Tech in front of me.

This is just to explain the charges/warrant. I have nothing more to add.

Hey there, I'll be taking this complaint, give me a day or so to review it and go over the logs before I make my response, in the mean time you two are welcome to have a conversation, and iron out any details as needed.

Also Maereo, please stick to facts and details of the complaint, don't ad hominem.

Hey there, I'll be taking this complaint, give me a day or so to review it and go over the logs before I make my response, in the mean time you two are welcome to have a conversation, and iron out any details as needed.

Also Maereo, please stick to facts and details of the complaint, don't ad hominem.

I apologize. It won’t happen again in the future.

I'd like to throw in that I was the head of personnel during this round. I was also a vampire during this, I ended up claiming attempted murder/being attacked at surface cargo after the second vampire (Aziri/Kaed) attacked me and was showing no real interest to work with me.

So that is where that charge came from, you also killed a Cargo Tech in front of me.

I'm aware of the cargo tech, but I was not aware you were a vampire, because at no point during this did you make that clear, and when presented with the information what I had 'attempted' to murder you and that was it, I assumed there had been some miscommunication between you and security.

There appears to have been some common misunderstanding on both our parts, because I thought when I eye flashed you your sunglasses blocked it, and you seemed to be under the impression I could actually hurt you by sucking your blood. Vampires cannot succ each other, though, and your actions were conveying themselves actions of someone trying to save their life own life and flee, not try to negotiate with a fellow vampire. As I recall, your only words to me once after pointlessly introducing yourself as the head of personnel (when we had already met ten minutes previously) were along the lines of 'now hold on, be reasonable', which conveys nothing useful on the nature of a fellow antag trying to negotiate, but more of a nonviolent person trying to avoid being attacked. For future reference, it helps to be up front about it with something like 'Hello, fellow vampire kin', or using some power like eye flashing, so that the other antag is not in full panic about you escaping to call security and shooting them with the laser pistol you just drew, and trying to escape the scene themselves before an AI locks them down or something.

However, I guess all this isn't really relevant to the complaint, even if it is some useful context.

Okay allow me to retort, I noticed you stated all the faults I have created but is possible that maybe you were told you were being arrested? You didn't even know you were getting aimed at. Your whole argument about "why was I being arrested" when you said it yourself you were wanted by security, you had a warrant. You were told that many times you were there for attempted murder and your response each time was "OF WHO, OF WHO, OF WHO" after being told to a few times. You have another argument against IPC's not having a personality and you completely misslable my characters archetypes which I find frankly shocking considering you are a lore dev. That is your department, there is no set way an IPC is supposed to act. Let's not also forget the fact that I had to encourage YOU to stop being salty, you're a more prominent member of the community with your position and I had to ask YOU to stop being so salty and just make a character complaint. Then ontop of that instead of continuing roleplay as a borg you threw a fit and decided to log off.

There is a difference between IPCs having no personality at all and having a violent, aggressive personality geared towards harming other people and enjoying it. These are designed positronic entities, which means someone had to specifically create a personality that enjoys the concept of going around shooting people with at shotgun and being smugly superior about their performance in harming organics. IPCs are still not treated as people, they're treated as corporate property, legally speaking, and this is the line your character dived across.

As for my constant questioning of my charges, you have to understand that I was completely baffled that I was being charged with 'attempted murder' of the HoP when I barely touched them. I was trying to find a way to weasel out of what was clearly some sort of miscommunication, but I was largely ignored regardless.

The fact that I was cyborgified on 'attempted murder' charges on someone I had a brief squabble with was extremely frustrating to me, too. As was the fact that things went from HuT to me being cyborgified without actually telling me this up until you were about to do it, seemingly in a rush just as the shuttle was called (why you didn't just transfer me on the shuttle now that the round was ending, instead of trying to squeeze in a last minute execution, I don't really understand). But I was there for my execution, and I roleplayed through the whole thing, trying to appeal to the crew in general for some sort of sympathy or sanity. It was only after I finally got taken down and murdered that I ghosted, and you should know that I am under no obligation to let myself become a borg any more than people thrown into the communal for the rest of the round are obligated to stand there and stare at the wall 'for good sportmanship'. There is a reason there are cryo pods in the prisoner common area.

It's also worth noting that from the moment you 'arrested' me to the moment I finally had my brain removed, I did not attack a single person, but instead attempted reasoning and escape. Whereas you spent much of the time aiming a gun at me or just shooting me, repeatedly, over and over, while complaining over looc that I didn't pain RP enough. There's a threshold of excessive violence that you repeatedly crossed over, and you actually ran out of shells trying to put me down and had to switch to your .45 pistol.

I'm aware of the cargo tech, but I was not aware you were a vampire, because at no point during this did you make that clear, and when presented with the information what I had 'attempted' to murder you and that was it, I assumed there had been some miscommunication between you and security.

There appears to have been some common misunderstanding on both our parts, because I thought when I eye flashed you your sunglasses blocked it, and you seemed to be under the impression I could actually hurt you by sucking your blood. Vampires cannot succ each other, though, and your actions were conveying themselves actions of someone trying to save their life own life and flee, not try to negotiate with a fellow vampire. As I recall, your only words to me once after pointlessly introducing yourself as the head of personnel (when we had already met ten minutes previously) were along the lines of 'now hold on, be reasonable', which conveys nothing useful on the nature of a fellow antag trying to negotiate, but more of a nonviolent person trying to avoid being attacked. For future reference, it helps to be up front about it with something like 'Hello, fellow vampire kin', or using some power like eye flashing, so that the other antag is not in full panic about you escaping to call security and shooting them with the laser pistol you just drew, and trying to escape the scene themselves before an AI locks them down or something.

However, I guess all this isn't really relevant to the complaint, even if it is some useful context.

There is a difference between IPCs having no personality at all and having a violent, aggressive personality geared towards harming other people and enjoying it. These are designed positronic entities, which means someone had to specifically create a personality that enjoys the concept of going around shooting people with at shotgun and being smugly superior about their performance in harming organics. IPCs are still not treated as people, they're treated as corporate property, legally speaking, and this is the line your character dived across.

As for my constant questioning of my charges, you have to understand that I was completely baffled that I was being charged with 'attempted murder' of the HoP when I barely touched them. I was trying to find a way to weasel out of what was clearly some sort of miscommunication, but I was largely ignored regardless.

The fact that I was cyborgified on 'attempted murder' charges on someone I had a brief squabble with was extremely frustrating to me, too. As was the fact that things went from HuT to me being cyborgified without actually telling me this up until you were about to do it, seemingly in a rush just as the shuttle was called (why you didn't just transfer me on the shuttle now that the round was ending, instead of trying to squeeze in a last minute execution, I don't really understand). But I was there for my execution, and I roleplayed through the whole thing, trying to appeal to the crew in general for some sort of sympathy or sanity. It was only after I finally got taken down and murdered that I ghosted, and you should know that I am under no obligation to let myself become a borg any more than people thrown into the communal for the rest of the round are obligated to stand there and stare at the wall 'for good sportmanship'. There is a reason there are cryo pods in the prisoner common area.

You would be correct on your statements about the IPCs but have you really ever roleplayed with me other than this one instance? I understand you were frustrated and you had good reason to be but please see it from my point of view to, I am not you. I tried to stop you and you ran. I did truthfully try and roleplay with you aswell but you had moved which caused the aim to fire we already know what happened there. Along with everything else, remember I’m just a lowly security officer. I was just doing what I was told. The other vampire at the time of your processing bulked through the wall into maintence. We were aware you were a vampire, the shotgun was aimed so it could be an IC attempt to stop you if you did.

You would be correct on your statements about the IPCs but have you really ever roleplayed with me other than this one instance? I understand you were frustrated and you had good reason to be but please see it from my point of view to, I am not you. I tried to stop you and you ran. I did truthfully try and roleplay with you aswell but you had moved which caused the aim to fire we already know what happened there. Along with everything else, remember I’m just a lowly security officer. I was just doing what I was told. The other vampire at the time of your processing bulked through the wall into maintence. We were aware you were a vampire, the shotgun was aimed so it could be an IC attempt to stop you if you did.

Were you aware of it? The first time I did something overt and publicly vampire-like was AFTER you shot me, when I phased away in a panic. Did you have any particularly good evidence I wasn't just a hooligan who attacked the HoP, other than 'you knew it was a vampire round?' Did the HoP specify that I attempted to suck their blood or do something spooky?

When I play a largely stealth-related antag in a round where there is another antagonist who went loud, there's sort of an expectation that you don't just assume everyone who is charged with a crime that round has exactly the same abilities JUST IN CASE and don't treat them like a potentially psychotic monster unless they actually start to display similar abilities. After I phased through a wall, yes, I was definitely a supernatural monster. But that happened AFTER you shot me twice under the apparently meta assumption I was a vampire too.

I wasn't even really trying to flee until the second shot, I should point out, I moved myself behind some cover, nestle between a disposal bin and a wall, with a door between us, to facilitate some kind of roleplay. Rather than making any attempt to communicate with me, you walked right around the obstacles and continued to fire on me until I was forced to flee for real.

Here, I even drew a diagram for the benefit of you and the people here.

d3440538029fc41d33705d01128f94f3.png

This is fairly typical 'attack on sight, then attack more when they show anything but total submission' behavior. It's completely believable behavior for someone to hide behind cover when shot at, the fact that you chose to take 'he moved' as evidence that I was resisting arrest and it was time to fill me with bullets is your problem, and the reason for this complaint. Once again, aiming a gun is not an attempt to arrest someone. It's an aggressive action intended to take someone hostage.

The difference between this and walking up to someone with a wanted tag on them, taking out your baton, and prodding them, then chasing them down and batonning them to the ground when they move away from you, screaming "RESISTING ARREST" is fairly trivial.

Edited by Guest

Were you aware of it? The first time I did something overt and publicly vampire-like was AFTER you shot me, when I phased away in a panic. Did you have any particularly good evidence I wasn't just a hooligan who attacked the HoP, other than 'you knew it was a vampire round?' Did the HoP specify that I attempted to suck their blood or do something spooky?

When I play a largely stealth-related antag in a round where there is another antagonist who went loud, there's sort of an expectation that you don't just assume everyone who is charged with a crime that round has exactly the same abilities JUST IN CASE and don't treat them like a potentially psychotic monster unless they actually start to display similar abilities. After I phased through a wall, yes, I was definitely a supernatural monster. But that happened AFTER you shot me twice under the apparently meta assumption I was a vampire too.

I wasn't even really trying to flee until the second shot, I should point out, I moved myself behind some cover, nestle between a disposal bin and a wall, with a door between us, to facilitate some kind of roleplay. Rather than making any attempt to communicate with me, you walked right around the obstacles and continued to fire on me until I was forced to flee for real.

Here, I even drew a diagram for the benefit of you and the people here.

d3440538029fc41d33705d01128f94f3.png

This is fairly typical 'attack on sight, then attack more when they show anything but total submission' behavior. It's completely believable behavior for someone to hide behind cover when shot at, the fact that you chose to take 'he moved' as evidence that I was resisting arrest and it was time to fill me with bullets is your problem, and the reason for this complaint. Once again, aiming a gun is not an attempt to arrest someone. It's an aggressive action intended to take someone hostage.

Easy there killer. No one was metaing, do not make assumptions. You were just wanted for attempted murder at that point. Once you were shot is when we knew you a vampire, when you phased through a walk. If you’re wanted for a serious crime such as attempted murder irl no one is gonna walk up to you and be like hey! Stop! They’re gonna come and force you to get down because you are a threat. You know how the game mechanics work, if you move while aiming they’re going to get shot. That’s how it goes. Also I do not appreciate the attitude, this is why I asked you to make a player report to begin with so you could calm down if the issue was large to you. Also in your diagram you are pretty close which I agree, so your first instinct after getting shot with a beanbag at close range by a shotgun was to run away and not roleplay the fact you were shot with a beanbag? Did it ever occur to you that’s why you got shot with another beanbag?

Easy there killer. No one was metaing, do not make assumptions. You were just wanted for attempted murder at that point. Once you were shot is when we knew you a vampire, when you phased through a walk. If you’re wanted for a serious crime such as attempted murder irl no one is gonna walk up to you and be like hey! Stop! They’re gonna come and force you to get down because you are a threat. You know how the game mechanics work, if you move while aiming they’re going to get shot. That’s how it goes. Also I do not appreciate the attitude, this is why I asked you to make a player report to begin with so you could calm down if the issue was large to you. Also in your diagram you are pretty close which I agree, so your first instinct after getting shot with a beanbag at close range by a shotgun was to run away and not roleplay the fact you were shot with a beanbag? Did it ever occur to you that’s why you got shot with another beanbag?

Actually, people in real life very frequently are told to surrender before they are shot at, even if they are murderers, and diving behind cover rarely results in the officer walking around the cover to gun the suspect down without so much as a 'come out with your hands up!'. (Because that's insane, murderous behavior) Because that was what I did. I dived behind cover and stopped there, still fully visible to you but out of line of your shotgun due to a door, because you were shooting at me, and before I could actually PERFORM any kind of roleplay, followed up with more gunfire. Were you expecting me to keel over and start screaming instantly so you could walk up and wordlessly handcuff me while I'm typing? That's the worst kind of double standard.

Relying on game mechanics to excuse yourself from having to roleplay is not very good form. What exactly was your IPC afraid of, here? That the unathi cowering in the corner was going to assault him with his lack of weapons? Again, at that time, you had no in character reason to assume I was a vampire, because it was your direct actions that caused me to reveal my nature.

Actually, people in real life very frequently are told to surrender before they are shot at, even if they are murderers, and diving behind cover rarely results in the officer walking around the cover to gun the suspect down without so much as a 'come out with your hands up!'. (Because that's insane, murderous behavior) Because that was what I did. I dived behind cover and stopped there, still fully visible to you but out of line of your shotgun due to a door, because you were shooting at me, and before I could actually PERFORM any kind of roleplay, followed up with more gunfire. Were you expecting me to keel over and start screaming instantly so you could walk up and wordlessly handcuff me while I'm typing? That's the worst kind of double standard.

Relying on game mechanics to excuse yourself from having to roleplay is not very good form. What exactly was your IPC afraid of, here? That the unathi cowering in the corner was going to assault him with his lack of weapons? Again, at that time, you had no in character reason to assume I was a vampire, because it was your direct actions that caused me to reveal my nature.

Again, chill with the attitude. Second, you were aimed at first and mid sentence of me typing you had gotten shot than proceeded to run away. You could have had weapons on your person, they could have been in a bag, in your boots and many more. Please stop coming at me with an attitude and try to speak to me as a fellow player.

Also please stop assuming, it’s absolutely insulting.

You know how the game mechanics work, if you move while aiming they’re going to get shot. That’s how it goes.

To be fair the aim mechanic can be set up in multiple ways, for example so the person can move. As this was your first interaction with the person apparently, and they were standing as if talking to someone (i.e. probably not OOC paying 100% attention to you specifically and same ICly) that really almost makes it the same as if you straight up shot them. Don't hide behind a game mechanic going wrong when you use it in the way that makes it go wrong.

Staff involved: It was not ahelped because it was at the time a pretty IC issue

I need to say this, because this is another incident where you should have sent an adminhelp to at least verify if it was an IC issue, worst case scenario we tell you it's valid but we cannot reveal why until after the round. Post round logs do not show the same picture that we can see during the round, as they do not provide the same interactive freedom of investigation as we can during the round itself.

What made it seem like it was an IC issue during the round but suddenly worthy of a complaint after the round was over?

I need to say this, because this is another incident where you should have sent an adminhelp to at least verify if it was an IC issue, worst case scenario we tell you it's valid but we cannot reveal why until after the round. Post round logs do not show the same picture that we can see during the round, as they do not provide the same interactive freedom of investigation as we can during the round itself.

What made it seem like it was an IC issue during the round but suddenly worthy of a complaint after the round was over?

To be perfectly honest, I didn't ahelp at the time because I was pretty angry and not really thinking about much of anything except how annoying this IPC validhunter was (whether he was or not justified isn't really relevant here, it's just what I was thinking at the time). By the time I considered ahelping anything it was well past the attack on me, and he had already suggested I make a complaint post round if I had a problem with him, so I just decided to do that.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't ahelp at the time because I was pretty angry and not really thinking about much of anything except how annoying this IPC validhunter was (whether he was or not justified isn't really relevant here, it's just what I was thinking at the time). By the time I considered ahelping anything it was well past the attack on me, and he had already suggested I make a complaint post round if I had a problem with him, so I just decided to do that.

Just curious, why do you continue to flame me when I asked you to cut the attitude several times now? I am trying to give you respect here, I wish the same.

This still seems like an IC issue, you are attacking me for something I wasn't even in control of. In my eyes the only thing I'm guilty of is not typing "you're under arrest." faster.

I specifically noted that I was just describing how I felt at the time, and that it does not necessarily reflect whether you were being a validhunting IPC or not. It's right there in parenthesis. You don't need to feel that every time I express annoyance at your actions in round it is a personal attack on you. The purpose of this thread is to determine whether what you did was okay or not. Even if it turns out you were okay, I'll probably still be annoyed at you until I manage to calm down. It does not make you somehow an awful person because you annoyed me.

Actually, I've reached the point where I've calmed down now. So I apologize for being sharp with you earlier. I will respond to questions asked for the purpose of this thread, but will refrain from being further vitriolic in your direction.

Alrighty, Strudels initial overview of this seeing as I haven't had a chance to thoroughly go through the logs in full.

From my understanding, and from the logs that I have read so far, you used a gun straight off the bat, completely skipping over Non-lethals like the taser and flash and went straight to less-than-lethal rounds. You seem to have very little in terms of reasoning to pull out less-than-lethal rounds on someone who hasn't posed a major threat to the crew yet, and it really just seems like you meta'd the fact that they were a Vampire.

That is my thoughts so far, a discussion about it while I continue to go through the logs would be appreciated.

Also yes, please keep this civil, there's been much hostility on both sides, and riling each other up isn't going to make this easier on anyone's part, and in the end doesn't do anything productive, lets just stick to the information.

Alrighty, Strudels initial overview of this seeing as I haven't had a chance to thoroughly go through the logs in full.

From my understanding, and from the logs that I have read so far, you used a gun straight off the bat, completely skipping over Non-lethals like the taser and flash and went straight to less-than-lethal rounds. You seem to have very little in terms of reasoning to pull out less-than-lethal rounds on someone who hasn't posed a major threat to the crew yet, and it really just seems like you meta'd the fact that they were a Vampire.

That is my thoughts so far, a discussion about it while I continue to go through the logs would be appreciated.

Also yes, please keep this civil, there's been much hostility on both sides, and riling each other up isn't going to make this easier on anyone's part, and in the end doesn't do anything productive, lets just stick to the information.

To be 100% honest I actually had no clue they were a vampire up until they phased. I knew they were wanted for attempted murder but not that the only confirmed super natural entity at the time wa Gorge.

It was code blue at the time I believe possibly code red but I’m putting my finger on code blue. I’ll be quite honest I didn’t actually know there were a difference between less then lethal and non lethal. I actually just assumed they were the same thing.

I admit to aiming the shotgun first but the intention was not to fire it it. The whole intention was was to aim and then begin tell them to get on the ground and tell them why they were under arrest.

Side note: I have since stopped playing a security officer and have started playing a CSI

And bartender to try and avoid conflict. Also as another side note 2.0 he had sunglasses on so I mean that’s something to go with the flash but doesn’t REALLY matter since I have just learned there is a difference between less then lethal and non lethal.

Alrighty, after fully going through the logs, I've decided how the situation should be handled.

I will be speaking to Maereo about what situations warrant the use of NL, LTL, and Leathals, and will be putting down a note to hopefully prevent this situation in the future.

Locking and Archiving