application for dionaea race whitelist

BYOND Key:
Character Names: chip, void, rob, grath, tree child, the afterlife, welder, steel.
Species you are applying to play: Dionaea
What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt):
Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: yes. really cool.
Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: the reason I want to play as this race is because in space station 13 RP, there's one problem: food. food kind of gets in the way of productivity as well, so I could also be a better roboticist. the Dionaea also perk my interest greatly in their lore. another reason is because it seems easy to survive as a Dionaea. plus, its getting extremely boring roleplaying as a human. coming up with a new name every time seems challenging as well.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: well roleplaying as this species means that you have to act more like the Dionaea, and not a human in terms of the lore. another difference is that since we are humans in real life will be a challenge to "copy" the personality of another race, and it seems like a fun challenge to do so. another fun challenge I suppose ill have to do is every time I have to split the worker up, ill have to come up with a new name every time they remerge, and humans cant change their name.

Character Name: speak into the fire.
Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs this takes place after him wanting to chip a Dionaea to transfer his mind. and failing over and over. Dionaea was found as a vermin pest by josh foster as a single nymph, mistaken as a cockroach. he tried to burn it with a welder, but set something on fire. the nymph took interest in the fire, and named itself so. josh foster knew what it was now. he remembered the legend that if you protect a nymph with your life, they absorb and transform the martyr.
josh foster then attempted to follow this myth, whilst more nymphs soon followed. now the nymphs combined into a worker, the worker thanked josh foster, and the worker left. the worker came up with the name speak into the fire as its new worker name. speak into the fire, when josh foster's shift is done, takes over as roboticist as some of the other nymphs seemed to perk interest in robotics.

What do you like about this character? honestly I think ill like trying to come up with a new name every time I have to emergency split. the backstory seems decent enough for me, and I'm satisfied with my application now.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? experienced.
Notes: I worked REALLY hard to get this application done. tell me if I have to add anything.

Re: application for dionaea race whitelist

Alrighty, I might as well go into full in-depth review of this, because I feel it may be best if I do.

To start, no Ckey, thats a must, even if it is your forum name it still should be included.

Next, your character names, these are the characters that you normally play, that way players can post feedback for what they think your characters are. They aren't meant to be 'names that you might play as when you get the whitelist.'

Moving onto the paragraph section, among the large amounts of grammar errors, a majority of the answers don't actually answer the question. The other major problem I have with this application is, you seem to really just want to play this for the mechanics, it doesn't appear you have read the lore-page what-so-ever even though you say you have, or maybe you have just skimmed over it.
killstrike wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:52 pm
Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: well roleplaying as this species means that you have to act more like the Dionaea, and not a human in terms of the lore.
This literally just repeats what you were asked, you don't say anything here other than "its different because its different.", not a single example of HOW they are different is used, your next sentence also doesn't even fit into the question, nor is it correct by lore standards.

Moving onto your story, first let me say, I do not what-so-ever agree with how your character is played, it is as if you haven't read any small bit of the lore of the server. Your character Josh has apparently died many many many time, but is able to copy himself with this 'chip' that he has, so he can 'transfer his memories', if this is some sort of cortical stack type of thing, the only species that has anything like that is the Vox, and its technology that is not touched by human space, because the technology is majorly unknown. The fact your character has this ultimately undermines a large majority of the lore, therefor it is super duper unrealistic to have.

There are way too many things to go over in one forum post, in all honesty I do not believe this should be accepted, and I think you should message someone on discord (Be it me, one of the lore devs, or someone) to go over lore with you, because it doesn't seem you have a good grasp on the server lore.
trash memes
Spoiler:

You've got the spirit, but the app is... not up to par, as already explained above. Toaster really hit all of it.

My suggestions?
-Reread the Dionaea wiki page. Like, really read it.
-Look at past applications: they're in the whitelist archive!
-Reach out to the lore team if things are confusing or you want to run ideas by them
-Spend a bit more time playing on the server. I mean maybe another week or two, not a day.
-Reapply when you're ready. Keep the lore wiki open for reference.

Don't get discouraged! Stay DETERMINED. You just need to answer the questions more thoroughly and get some more experience with our lore. Unfortunately, I cannot support this app as it is. I like your drive, but we need to make sure our lore is represented properly in game through the characters.
Discord: Eels! The Musical#9351
(I don't pay attention to the Aurora discord server unless pinged.)
= = =
Current Characters:
Wynter Steele - Librarian - Pink Poetry Pest
Kizikh Guwan - Gardener - The Guwan Garden
Sazya Xichi - Miner - Edict-breaker, Rock-breaker
Sikaevi Suhn'Krashzkrikh - Security Officer - "Just call me Sunny."
Nahjiya Khayaram - Maintenance Technician - "Rrrrepublicanism is bloodshed!"
Hadiyya Nejem - Chemist - Rebel With a Beaker
Rowan "Miss" Fortune - Cargo Tech - Delightful Dreg
Marceline Finch - Mechatronic Engineer - 0% Social Skills, 100% Sleepy
H.A.R.P.I. - pAI - "How exciting!"
Azulzi Sinensiz - Merchant - Treacherous Trader
Samirah Al-Kandari - Janitor - Big Janitor, Big Sister
Ashes - Merc - "The Ssssyndicate isss my clan, now."
Misfire - Raider - Would rather shoot the shit than shoot 'em up
Tpr. A'dab "Sphinx" El-Safin - ERT - "Salam, Aurora. Grandma is here for you."
Retired:
Spoiler:
Rafia Lakhani - Maintenance Technician - Frontier Grandma
Zizi'Azik Kuhwinla - Janitor - "Messes for Zizi?? Okay okay!"

I'm not writing this to be mean but as stated above repeatedly you seem to want to play it purely for mechanics when the race is restricted on a whole other level. What you write fills me with certainty that even if somehow this got accepted, it would be detrimental to the race and the whitelist holders.
Therefore I want you to jump on the discord server which will be listed in Elohi's signature and ask questions there, we might be mostly quiet but ask away, we'll answer. Reread the lore a few times too, and look for Elohi's secret page if you really want to get on his good side.
Characters
Spoiler:
Fenrir Lokison
A Cosmic Wind Upon leaves

Return to “Whitelist Applications”