[Accepted] SeniorScore's Command Application

[b]BYOND key:[/b] SeniorScore
[b]Character names:[/b] Ryan McLean, Nelson Blessing
[hr]
[b]How long have you been playing on Aurora?:[/b] Almost two years
[b]Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:[/b] Having a better hand in setting a tempo for a round.
[b]Why did you come to Aurora?:[/b] Honestly can't fucking remember. I think Paradise was too much of a bad meme at the time when I decided to try it.
[b]Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?:[/b] Sure nuff
[b]Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?[/b] Nothing serious that I can recall.
[hr]
Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a [b]paragraph[/b] each.

[b]Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:[/b] Roleplay is to make a story. Sometimes the story requires conflict, sometimes it does not. 
In this server there's plenty of backgrounds for others to bounce things off for different results in roleplaying it's self. So the goal of roleplay should be a reason to make a round unique in someway, in order to have a story.

[b]What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:[/b] To organize players, either around random shit to do of interest, or to maintain order and a challenge against antags.

[b]What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:[/b] I think the biggest responsibility is enabling RP instead of looking for ways to shut it down.

[b]Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career?[/b] No stranger to aliens from his times working out in the frontier when he wasn't operating in Sol Alliance space. 
The myriad of ways aliens are accommodated for might be a bit odd to his established world view of them. So Tau Ceti might seem to have it's priorities out of place to him but he can make due.

[b]What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?[/b]
[hr] Head of Personnel

[b]Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.:[/b]

[hr] A previously unmade one, Castor Gaston, and Head of Personnel

[b]How would you rate your own roleplaying?:[/b] I give it a thinking emoji out of a nerfed zzzoda

[b]Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?[/b]
[hr] Yeah alright

[b]Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?[/b]
[hr] I am the wiki.
[b]Extra notes:[/b]

Playing everyday for two months on both high- and lowpop, I don't think I have ever seen these characters. Though "Ryan McLean" rings a bell, but I can't even remember what job he was. Medical? Civ?

Overall, the app doesn't look solid. It looks like something assembled haphazardly, with no actual effort put in. The lore answer sounds more like "what is Tau Ceti's overall theme" than "what are the current events in Tau Ceti". Most answers are one sentence instead of a paragraph. It feels like a randomly made app to try out playing command instead of a genuine commitment that at least I expect from command apps. Though maybe staff disagrees with me on this one.

Edited by VTCobaltblood

In my honest opinion, I have never ever seen you ICly as your stated characters. Which is saying something, I'm online nearly all the time for the last 3-4 months.

I have several issues considering this whitelist application. It feels too. . . casual, too just willy nilly. As a player I cannot say I am comfortable with a random HoP being suddenly handed out to a player whose characters I have never seen nor interacted with. The single sentence responses also bother me given that it does not clearly show the knowledge or care to Aurora's lore or those that inhabit it.

Edited by Allakai

Playtime recently has been subpar (read: mostly nonexistant), which is easy enough to change.

The reason you've never really heard of those characters is mostly in part to: The Lii'dra Shitshow™ killed a lot of desire to play when it resulted in me more or less retiring Ryan, who was my main at the time, and Nelson is security and that should be self explanatory. So yes as a result I just pulled back from the server for awhile.
Though to be entirely fair, I've got no clue who you fucks are either besides Matt so lmao.

And it's not that I don't care for Aurora's lore, I'd like to think my work proves otherwise, I've always just had some kind of willed block to Tau Ceti's. It simply does not fucking interest me, even if we're there. Even when I worked as a human deputy, it just was not fucking interesting, nothing to draw me to improve it. It's nothing I wanted to work on, and when I did try and interact with it I end up just getting shafted so fuck it.

As for it being haphazard and casual, I don't think I've been anything but in my entire existence here. Why lie for a fucking whitelist.

15 minutes ago, SeniorScore said:

Playtime recently has been subpar (read: mostly nonexistant), which is easy enough to change.

The reason you've never really heard of those characters is mostly in part to: The Lii'dra Shitshow™ killed a lot of desire to play when it resulted in me more or less retiring Ryan, who was my main at the time, and Nelson is security and that should be self explanatory. So yes as a result I just pulled back from the server for awhile.
Though to be entirely fair, I've got no clue who you fucks are either besides Matt so lmao.

And it's not that I don't care for Aurora's lore, I'd like to think my work proves otherwise, I've always just had some kind of willed block to Tau Ceti's. It simply does not fucking interest me, even if we're there. Even when I worked as a human deputy, it just was not fucking interesting, nothing to draw me to improve it. It's nothing I wanted to work on, and when I did try and interact with it I end up just getting shafted so fuck it.

As for it being haphazard and casual, I don't think I've been anything but in my entire existence here. Why lie for a fucking whitelist.

If you are going to be belligerent, you can not be whitelisted.

You can't just walk up and be whitelisted. This is a very casual application, but I'm not here to talk about that. There is no need to be so hostile, too, to the constructive criticism you have garnered.

And in this message, you have outlined the reasons why this whitelist can't be accepted. How do you expect to be whitelisted if you haven't been active in some time? Like I said, you can't just walk up and expect a whitelist to be handed to you. You should be active, on server, at least a few weeks prior to the app, and be active during the time it is up. 

And then you say that the lore is not interesting to you. Why play if the setting is not interesting? And you even stated that you've STOPPED playing because it wasn't interesting anymore. I fail to see how you think that this can be accepted. You've outlined the points why you shouldn't be, and to top it all off, you're being an asshole.

I'm personally in full support of this application because Seniorscore has been such a joy in the Roleplay discord, and I have 100% confidence in his capabilities both ICly and OOCly. If I could, I'd give this guy a high five every day simply because he deserves it for not only the work he's done for Aurora, but for being straight-out funkalicious. He's a smart boy; clever, thoughtful, willing to do what has to be done by him to get the job done, and simply amazing when he sets himself out to do anything.

Also, after knowing Senior for quite a lengthy period of time (over three years now,) without really being his friend, I can safely say that any belligerence that is seen here is in the eye of the readers. He has a shall we say, 'flavorful' way of speaking, much like any admirable man raised among the commoners. He harbors no hatred nor ill will for anyone, and indeed, simply wishes to live his life as a man of peace and nothing more except as a member of Command - which, once again, he is vehemently overqualified to do. So please, stop accusing him of being belligerent, hostile, or rude. He isn't. He simply talks different than you or I.

23 minutes ago, DeadLantern said:

If you are going to be belligerent, you can not be whitelisted.

You can't just walk up and be whitelisted. This is a very casual application, but I'm not here to talk about that. There is no need to be so hostile, too, to the constructive criticism you have garnered.

And in this message, you have outlined the reasons why this whitelist can't be accepted. How do you expect to be whitelisted if you haven't been active in some time? Like I said, you can't just walk up and expect a whitelist to be handed to you. You should be active, on server, at least a few weeks prior to the app, and be active during the time it is up. 

And then you say that the lore is not interesting to you. Why play if the setting is not interesting? And you even stated that you've STOPPED playing because it wasn't interesting anymore. I fail to see how you think that this can be accepted. You've outlined the points why you shouldn't be, and to top it all off, you're being an asshole.

I don't know what makes you feel high enough to have the power of dictating what I can and can't be at this time. As I said, yes I haven't been playing frequently, but again, easily changed. Rereading this yes I'm coming off as an ass, not sure why, will attempt to rectify anyway.

And I said Tau Ceti's lore disengages me. And I don't play for the setting, the characters are more note worthy than the hellhole that is Tau, which seeing as the station, and any RP surrounding it isn't very hard to disassociate. I stopped playing because it was a pain to try to.

4 hours ago, SeniorScore said:

I don't know what makes you feel high enough to have the power of dictating what I can and can't be at this time. As I said, yes I haven't been playing frequently, but again, easily changed. Rereading this yes I'm coming off as an ass, not sure why, will attempt to rectify anyway.

And I said Tau Ceti's lore disengages me. And I don't play for the setting, the characters are more note worthy than the hellhole that is Tau, which seeing as the station, and any RP surrounding it isn't very hard to disassociate. I stopped playing because it was a pain to try to.

Alright, now that is cleared up.

Will you start playing again if you get whitelisted for head? And, in addition, the usual Head whitelist requires you to be active, which is, at the least, playing a round every 3 days or so. Will you attempt to be more active so that we could garner more insight on your roleplaying ability?

I will wait my time and see this all. I have heavy uncertainty of this whitelist given my already stated problems. Yet I will give the benefit of the doubt as I will see SeniorScore's ingame characters and his OOC behavior, which to me, both are incredibly dictative of what makes an excellent head of command. Especially for the role of Head of Personnel. 

With the clearing up, this app actually seems way, way worse to me, giving off a huge "I was staff sometime ago and thus I'm entitled to a whitelist" vibe. Perhaps this would sound egotistical, but it's pretty surprising that you don't know who I or Allakai are, considering both of us, again, play extremely often, and are quite active OOC and IC. If your activity is the easiest thing to change, why didn't you try being active and getting to know the newcomers before applying for this whitelist? To me, this is, again, a telltale sign of an app made on a whim rather than with an intent of commitment, but now you also seem like you're considering yourself privileged above others. Not something I'd want to see.

No, I think me being staff that previously worked on the lore shows I have some caring for the lore in some faucet, not that I deserve a whitelist for it, which I had thought I made clear. So I'll do it now, I don't rely on being previously staff to help. I rely on people previously knowing I'm competent at role playing and thinking I'd be fine at the job. Past proven, just not to you guys. I understand the hesitance given you've never seen me before, but that definitely goes both ways.

From my perspective, this only further proves what I've just said. "Past proven" implies "doesn't need to be proven in the present". Which is, imo, not a good mindset to have. And no, just saying "no I'm not" does not in any way prove you're not. What stops you from becoming more active and reapplying later? I had some sweet small talk with you in dchat, would love to see you in-game and actually form an opinion on your play. I think others would too.

Edited by VTCobaltblood

Im in negetive support for the time being. I feel the attitude issue that is being displayed in the psots can be a issue aswell as the demenor you display in discord at times towards others. Due to this, aswell as inactivity is all I myself and others have to go on. I would encourge you to get your play time up aswell as address issues involving general demenor towards others which can be seen as hostile or pompous at times

Alright so after a recent IG experience and some lovely OOC behavior with SeniorScore, I can say with full support I give a -1. Due to Senior's intentionally inflammatory behavior in OOC to purposely ignite anger and frustration for I assume some cheap laughs. Completely appalling behavior.

1 minute ago, Allakai said:

Alright so after a recent IG experience and some lovely OOC behavior with SeniorScore, I can say with full support I give a -1. Due to Senior's intentionally inflammatory behavior in OOC to purposely ignite anger and frustration for I assume some cheap laughs. Completely appalling behavior.

100% agree,   i too despise it when people disagree with me over what is acceptable   IC conduct .   and am disgusted that people  would have opinions other than my own

7 minutes ago, Ornias said:

100% agree,   i too despise it when people disagree with me over what is acceptable   IC conduct .   and am disgusted that people  would have opinions other than my own

I don't appreciate sarcasm when something like this is being handled. Keep this to SeniorScore and keep pettiness out.

SeniorScore's RP has been great.  He's a long term member of this server who has contributed a ton and organized several impressive IC events over the relay, he's a ton of fun.

That being said, I have to... agree I have some hesitation reading all of this.  When I saw his application, I figured I wouldn't even bother +1ing it, seniorscore is a no brainer!  When I dropped by to read it, well.  I'm honestly surprised by this general tone.  It's possible I'm misreading, tone is easily lost over text, but I can certainly see where the hesitation from players who aren't familiar with seniorscore (those who've been playing for only a few months) is coming from.  If all I knew about you was from this post, I would have serious concerns, too.

That being said, I have 2 years of experience that lead me to believe you'd be an excellent head of staff.  You're a chill dude (this thread and what I just saw in server OOC excluded, if I'm being perfectly honest), you're mechanically experienced, you're an excellent RPer, and you have shown time after time that you can go out of your way to make rounds and interactions more interesting.

So it's.... a hesitant and confused +1 from me.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Seniorscore has transformed into a real weenie lately; just skimming his chat history on the public discord this behavior in this thread seems to be the same. I'm sure he's got mechanics down pat, but he could work on his OOC conduct. I have not seen if this has bled into his IC behavior.

The responses to the questions are.... ok.

Why do you want to be Command?