[Resolved] Dear Admins: Please go more HAM on Rule 1 violations for forums/discord

No policy, feature, or anything for that matter will do anything to solve the problem of discord toxicity. If a new policy is implemented, it will be ignored like the "Don't be a dick rule." currently is. If a new report system is implemented, it will be ignored like how some toxic banter on the actual server in OOC will be ignored as just "banter".

If you want to see change on the server, kick up a fucking storm every time someone is dick via the official means. If you see someone who's an absolute fucking shitlord, make a player complaint. Post the proof. So far any time anyone is toxic on discord, it is largely ignored by those subject to the toxicity and those witnessing it. There is a serious normalization of bad behavior on discord and most people are fine with that, including staff. I recall an instance where a previous head admin was trying to get someone to calm down, and despite them insulting me twice after telling them to stop, nothing was done past that.

I've been a dick on discord in the past, quite frequently before I became a dev. Despite all my toxic behavior on discord then, I've received 0 player complaints and I think 1 discord warning which expired in about a week.

Honestly, when people are toxic, the only people who give a shit are the victims of the toxicity. This needs to change.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pratepresidenten changed the title to [+1 Dismissal] Dear Admins: Please go more HAM on Rule 1 violations for forums/discord
  • Pratepresidenten changed the title to [Resolved] Dear Admins: Please go more HAM on Rule 1 violations for forums/discord
  • Pratepresidenten locked this topic