Make it so that cyborg rechargers that heal burn/burn to units do the same for IPC's

Shadow7889

I disagree because it'd be too easy to place an Recharger and have an easy, free Nanopaste bath. While the Cryotubes still require a medical professional to be present as well, as well to be supplied with a steady cooling and ofcoure the liquid.

If you can just plop a recharger down and have free healing I think that'd heavily skew balance. Especially seeing that Engineering IPC's often place chargers for themselfs. As well as that there is plenty of chargers about.

I'd think its okay only if it was similar in complexity like the Cryotubes.

Maybe if we added some exciting new ways to break IPCs that do require a roboticist. Like some internal cooling organs that can go wrong, or limbs that break similar to bones that need proper fixing -- So this thingy can't deal with ~100% of IPC problems for free with no professional help.

I can't support further easy-heal methods to the mechanically strongest species-family on the station. It's already God-awful suffering to kill an IPC with half a brain cell in regards to gameplay sense if you lack an ion rifle, let alone without giving them to option to build an infinite heal-to-full device in some corner that they can repeatedly go back to.

Lasers, mass trauma to their monitor, or ion/emps make short work of any IPC. Even G2s. They're strong in their own right like the other races. As for building, only science/engineers would have the capability to do so. Abusing this would be hard as the parts needed aren't easy to come by. 

1 hour ago, Shadow7889 said:

Lasers, mass trauma to their monitor, or ion/emps make short work of any IPC. Even G2s. They're strong in their own right like the other races. As for building, only science/engineers would have the capability to do so. Abusing this would be hard as the parts needed aren't easy to come by. 

Lasers are terrible and among the easiest damage type for IPCs to heal, and their recent buff was to blood removal. It can be easily reasoned as to why that buff doesn't help in this case. 

Trauma to the monitor requires them being dumbasses and letting people hit them in the head, every other species will die just as fast if not far faster from headshots.

There is exactly one ion weapon on the station and every other week people call to remove it. Anyone who isn't retarded as an IPC will steal it as their first goal or, hilariously, EMP the one using it. There are also several antagonist options these days to mitigate ion/EMP damage immensely.

Remove nanopaste being able to heal and I'd consider the recharger healing being balanced. As it were, the existence of paste gives them the strongest self-healing in the game already (Faster than lings, no wait-time for regen like organics; doesn't require large investments like the rapid regen powers for certain antags) and it's trivial for any antagonist to acquire (or anyone who just asks Research for some, to which such isn't that hard).

Not to criticize or say your wrong, but have you played an IPC recently? I've been taken down by five to six laser shots. Energy pistols, carbines, and rifles do serious damage to IPCs when set to lethal. And the energy pistol has a six count shot last I checked. 5-6. And as far as paste goes, while it is indeed easy to heal with, it's not readily available like medical items are. You have to count on science to produce it. 

4 minutes ago, Shadow7889 said:

Not to criticize or say your wrong, but have you played an IPC recently? I've been taken down by five to six laser shots. Energy pistols, carbines, and rifles do serious damage to IPCs when set to lethal. And the energy pistol has a six count shot last I checked. 5-6. And as far as paste goes, while it is indeed easy to heal with, it's not readily available like medical items are. You have to count on science to produce it. 

Getting hit 5-6 times requires either incredible aim and hit chance luck on par of the shooter (which usually means you were in help intent), or you were silly and just didn't run away (or were a G2).

As for the availability of nanopaste, Science has a fairly good amount of it to start with and it's not exactly a hard thing to produce. It's also quite, quite easy to store whilst being efficient at healing, requiring no particular steps for anything but organ repair. Meanwhile all the medical supplies require a serious dedication of storage to account for multiple possible damage types, and take their time to heal you fully. The non-paste repair method of welder/cables/etc. are common but require you to stop and fiddle around for a bit, whilst not being exactly time effective.

Like I said, healing chargers would be fine if paste was nerfed into the ground so that antag-IPCs and valid-IPCs would be required to actually take breaks instead of having numerous powerful healing sources. The suggested charger with the current paste means that they can get paste and hold it for when they're truly in danger, opting to use the charger when having any time to rest (further benefiting them by recharging their power). Of course, you can argue they can do this with tools too, but tools are both loud and as noted require a fair amount of space.

9 minutes ago, DronzTheWolf said:

Can confirm lasers are a bane. My G2 got killed without even going into crit from being shot thrice from two turrets in an asteroid ruin (six shots in all) before I could even get out of the room. 

G2s are funnily the most balanced of IPCs (even arguably quite weak in some regard) because they physically cannot catch up to anyone else, and nothing can help with that. My concern is for the non-Heph models whom are capable of running laps and essentially soloing the entire crew due to relative immunity to all non-EM/Ion crowd control. Antags are somewhat spared from their shit, but would have to invest TCs into dealing with them or break into one of the extremely visible Chemistry labs to produce EMP mixtures.

• Gem locked this topic