Leudoberct Tajara Application

BYOND Key: Leudoberct

Character Names: https://gyazo.com/9a0da6675bd5dea40bc9c049cd7b82e8

Species you are applying to play: Tajara

What color do you plan on making your first alien character: 192, 192, 192

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question.

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

My interest in playing a Tajara started due to the currently ongoing arc for them. I didn’t really have much interest in playing them at the time due to finding other races more interesting, but now that I’ve had the time to get to know and play all of the other races, I figured that along with the ongoing Tajaran arc, now was a good time to learn.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

Asides from the obvious physical differences between Tajara and Humans, their history and culture are starkly different to that of humans. While humans paved their own path to the Space Age, the Tajara were come across by the humans while still in a burgeoning Industrial era. This created a large culture shock as the highly advanced technology of space-faring races was introduced to the Tajara. The interference of these aliens then sparked a civil war that had consumed all of Adhomai for almost a decade. Tajara will likely have significant allegiance to one of three major powers on Adhomai, as well as likely still holding on to traditionalist values.

Character Name: Nasirsanukii  Jrruzhani

Please provide a short backstory for this character

Born in the rural countryside close to Nal’tor in 2433, Nasirsanukii  spent much of his early childhood hunting alongside his father in the countryside, honing his skills as both a hunter, and his agility, finding that it came naturally to him, owing to his M’sai physiology.  After an accident while hunting leaving his father seriously injured during a blizzard, Nasiranukii tended to his father as best he could, keeping him alive throughout the snowstorm.

After returning to his village with his father to much celebration, Nasirsanukii practised further in the medical arts, providing simple remedies for his fellow villagers when able. At the young age of eighteen, he learned of the assassination of President Al’mari Hadii, and answered the call to arms after the failed coup of Halkiikijr Nated’Hakhan, enlisting in the Grand People’s Army. His talent for moving unseen in the snowy wilds of Adhomai landed him a position in the Ha’narr Corps, and his talent for healing was bolstered by training as a combat medic.

During a skirmish in the wilds during the war, a stray round caught Nasirsanukii in the leg, leaving him crippled and unable to walk without a pronounced limp and the aid of a cane.  No longer fit for service, he was unable to continue to participate in the war, with his limp unable to be corrected without an advanced surgical procedure unable on Adhomai. In his desperation to return to the frontlines, Nasirsanukii sought out a NanoTrasen representative to try to pay for his treatment. Unable to pay the hefty bill, and after a recommendation from the liaison and conferring with his superiors, Nasirsanukii took a five year contract with NanoTrasen in order to pay for the surgery to fix his leg. Having received the surgery, Nasirsanukii was assigned to the NSS Aurora II.

Despite having receiving the surgery, his contract left him unable to return to Adhomai. News of the Treaty of Shastar reached him, and he at first despaired, feeling as if he had failed Hadii in returning to the fight. But, he soon regained his conviction, and resolved himself to finish his contract and return to Adhomai with all due haste to secure the assets of the People’s Republic.

What do you like about this character?

I like this character due to them having a vested interest in the civil war (until it ended), alongside their dedication to the party, providing a natural way for conflict to occur between them and opposing Tajara.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

I would say that I am a competent roleplayer capable of portraying multiple alien species to a believable and good standard.

Notes:

N/A

1. What religion does Jrruzhani follow, if any?

2. What is his opinion on the racial caste system and the differences between the races?

3. Does he think the current Hadii is continuing Al'Mari's legacy or not? Is that a good or bad thing?

4. Does he feel bad that, in his impatience, missed out on obtaining Tesla augments?

I like this application. These questions are just to see more insight into the character and to expose you to questions you might not have considered. Answer these questions and I'll gladly support this app.

Also, a note: There is a lot of genetic diversity among Tajara. You do not need to make your body color exactly like the templates on the page. 

1. S'randmarr.

2. He has a profound dislike for the Njarir'akhran, excluding the Hadii dynasty. He has developed a mild dislike for the Zhan-Khazan after the assassination of Al'Mari Hadii.

3. He believes that Malik Hadii is making difficult but necessary choices to avenge and protect the legacy of Al'Mari Hadii, and that it is a good thing.

4. No, because he believes that a tesla augment would have meant he would be unable to continue in the Ha'narr due to the electricity produced by such augments.

As for the colour, I already know. I just like the colour shown on the wiki.

Edited by Leudoberct

I've seen Leudoberct do a fantastic job portraying lore-faithful Skrell, Unathi, and Vaurca, and I'm sure the rest of his characters are just as good. As you can clearly see from reading his app and what should be obvious from his vast server-experience, he understands the Tajara and would do a great job playing one of those as well. His app clearly displays a character with a compelling goal and distinct reason for being aboard the NSS Aurora, and... Well, most importantly, if this application is accepted, Leudoberct will be whitelisted for every role and thus time will collapse. +1