[Denied] Moderator Application

Server Moderator Application

Basic Information
Byond Account: Wowzewow
Character Name(s): Wesley Miyazaki, Jeremy Hanford (formerly James Hanford), Mundy Barnes, Haleigh Albright
AI Name(s): Not Applicable
Discord username + tag: alsoandanswer#6999
Timezone: GMT+8
When are you on Aurora?: Around the afternoon and the evenings if I have some free time.

Experience
How long have you played SS13?: Three years
How long have you played on Aurora: About three years, give or take
How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?:
Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: No, but I can learn
Have you read through the criteria thread; https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4198 - and believe that you mark off all the criteria?: Yes
Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: No

Personality
Why do you play SS13?: It's the interaction with people that's important. I find it immensely rewarding that there's someone else behind the screen having as much fun as I am.
Why do you play on Aurora?: I find it the most mature server, I guess. My roleplay style aligns with it as well, I didn't really come in with innate knowledge of the lore, but I was able to ad-lib and stretch my creativity, which I enjoy.
What do moderators do?:
What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: For the most part, facilitate roleplay and break up OOC conflict (except for roleplay conflict in acceptable boundaries)
Why do you want to be a moderator?: I want to try my hand at hosting an event.
What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?: I like to give the benefit of doubt and see things from other's point of view, and I'm not afraid to ask how they feel.

I don't like to take sides or "affiliate" with a group or another. I'm also quite confident in seperating myself as a person from my roles. I'm going in understanding that moderator's a thankless job.
How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: I say pretty well. In heated situations, I know when my emotions are getting the better of me and simply just take a breather.

This includes passing responsibility onto another staff member who is more ready to handle the situation.

Anything Else You Want to Add: (Do not put words here)
(Put words here)

I remember that one time where Brainos and Resilynn implemented a new hypospray sprite , and then like two days later you replaced it with your own sprite without a feedback thread, without any warning. You just did it. Then trying to motion for a close on the PR to revert back to the BRAINOS sprite. I bring this up as I feel it shows an attitude issue. That attitude being you think its ok to just flat overwrite something someone else did and just hope nobody notices.

Sooooooo is there any guarantee that something similar isn't going to occur with you as a moderator? I personally have had issues with one staff member telling me something is fine and then that thing being overwritten by someone else and me getting in trouble for it. I would really rather nothing like this occurs. So I'm gonna' ask for your take on that whole situation as I may have missed something, but otherwise its a -1 from me.

It'll have to be a -1 from me.

While I trust the intentions are good. You are willing to understand situations and understand your mistakes. I have not really noticed bad roleplay on your end. My only main issue is a low tolerance of patience during spark of the moment situations where emotions can get the better of someone as shown by the Hypospray PR and the other thing I spoke to you about.

Especially the manner in which someone would personally manage this. This is more of a worry because moderation does include many spark of the moment situations that can cause issues. I think this ability to handle these situations personally is one of the most important things someone in staff has to be skilled at due to the damage an outburst could cause to the community as a whole.

• 2 weeks later...