Zelm Discord ban?

Hello,

I am not sure if this ban is still active, but since I've returned after a year or so I'd like to appeal. I do not have the original account that received the ban/kick.

Basically if I'm still banned from the Discord i'd like to appeal. If not, uhhhhh just let me know ok thanks

BYOND Key: Zelmana

Total Ban Length: I don't know. It may be expired. It's been awhile.

Banning staff member's Key: I don't know.

Reason of Ban: If I recall correctly, I believe Garn and I were arguing regarding specist as well as direct racist remarks done in character, and whether or not people can create racist characters. Based on my interpretation of the rules, I stated within Discord that I would make a character that is racist and say the n-word in character. Once again, trying to recall and piecing together from talking to others, I was doing this in order to prove my point that there was no explicit ruling regarding in character racism and that punishments were being done as a matter of opinion rather than a measure.

Reason for Appeal: I want to talk to frens and post memes but definitely 1000% will be muting and removing the thunderdome/serious discussions channel and trying to avoid certain conversations as much as possible. Inb4 "you can't come back if you can't handle it", in which I would say I can but am publicly saying I am declining to beforehand.

Again, not even sure if I'm still discord banned.

thx

Instead, let's go over what *actually* happened that day.
image.png.c10414332d31a39dbfb638691f2c37e0.png

You claimed in chat that you're allowed to say the n word. I told you that, of course, you would be banned for it. Instead of being something approaching an adult, you proceeded to argue about it.
image.png.9367b2d82aabe3b2536d732f73327fef.png

At some point, as you usually do, you called me retarded for telling you this.image.png.c0d892aab51ef0f0e5fb3a3b298f5c13.png

Apparently this is a liberal thing, rather than the rules we have, but let's continue.
image.png.36472c2df0f1c492aeeb64f173be510a.png

As your meltdown continued, it continued into you actually using the word
image.png.11aa27506e5de63a8c9b79e7c95c4984.png

image.png.f72879b4fc5927503d9c94ef96df70e5.png
Alberyk banned you.

But, of course, this manages to not be the only instance of this kind of behavior. For instance, it seems you can't keep the word 'sperg' out of your 'lexicon'.
image.png.ab03fed24f8a5275a05340f778d831e6.pngimage.png.0b5ea962058bf23742065a54d79a50fd.png

But, even then, that only covers the surface of all the things you've done in this community in the past. While we've deleted (without archiving) the Thunderdome since the last time you were in the Discord, I can recall many, many, many instances of you being ridiculously offensive towards women, being antisemitic, and generally just being abhorrent.
I have about 4~ questions to ask.
1) What's your actual motive for coming back here.
2) Why would you delete your account, say re; the lore diary stuff that you don't even like/want to use Discord anymore, yet try to come back? "Yet I don't really like joining large communities on Discord due to Discord's recent policy changes." What are these changes, even?
3) What do you have to say about your previously, hilariously-offensive behavior, do you ever plan to apologize or make anything right?
4) Do you plan to be courteous to our development staff? You've been nearly the opposite even in recent history towards Myazaki, and you were incredibly unfair to Fowl and others in the past.

Snake,

First thanks for getting the logs or what little logs are there.

1)

My "actual motive" for coming back is to at least view what's going on in the community, and chat with people. Preferably not about politics especially since the removal of the thunderdome. As I've been roleplaying a lot more on the server due to having some more freetime after moving positions at work. I'd like to be able to receive status updates about roundstart so I can catch the lobby, etc.

2)

My other accounts weren't deleted, they were banned for doxxing pedophile/ MAP discords on my twitter. I've been pretty mad at Discord for the past few months. Regarding why I requested that lore developments be documented somewhere other than the Discord is because there should be official documentation on either the wiki or the forums for lore. This was great and was being used but here recently I've seen basically a 2-3 sentencer with a "check the discord" thrown at the end.

3)

My previously, hilariously-offensive behavior was hilariously offensive. As Skull pointed out in the screenshot above I have a habit of being a contrarian regarding political discussions. Especially within the conversation that got me banned, there was a time where I was moderator in which in-character racism was permitted and not so much as blinked at if it had legitimate roleplay development. Aka, no 'Tyrone Biggums' character smacking their lips, but an actual developed character that's a frontiersman that is wary of other races and species, card-carrying ATLAS member, and even using the N-word was permitted to an extent. I was pointing out the flaw in the system that there was no policy statement on this and therefore it resides upon staffmember opinion, as I had with other rules that were based on the staffmember's opinion.

Re: you calling me a racist xenophobic transphobic womanizer antisemite--- I'm not racist outside of my use of the R word in political discussion of the word, similar to how Garn has used it in the past. If you determine that to be racist, whatever. Transphobia I've never done anything more than dispute specific studies, and I'm friends with a lot of transgender or not exactly "binary" people. Womanizer? I don't recall talking too much about women beyond political discussions such as glass ceiling etc. Antisemite? ????? I don't know where this claim is from, I'm jewish racially.

4)

Recently towards Myazaki, I believe I've been constructive or simply providing updates on whether or not I like changes. Are you referring to Vision Cones shitposting on my own status page?

Lord Fowl I can't speak to much but I believe that was handled in a complaint.

I have no issue with developers, and I do not believe I've ever attacked a developer as a person, but rather their content developed or simply voicing my distaste for it.

Going back to your "do you plan to apologize" bit....
Yeah, I do apologize. I perhaps should make that more clear for toxicity that occurred as a result of political discussions or being a general asshat for contrarian / polemicist. I think that avoiding anything political in the channels and keeping things to DMs with those who want to discuss things personally solves this.

About being mean to developers, I believe I already apologized for taking things too far w/ Lord fowl.

Shitposting about vision cones on my wall or saying "I still don't like this" on the feedback after new PRs are merged I don't think is too abusive to Myazaki, but if they're offended I'll lighten up I guess. First time I'm hearing about them or anyone caring about my statements on vision cones, so again- apologies.

I know it's only been a year or so, and I do hate to pull the "I've matured" card that I would routinely strike down as a moderator on appeals or tickets. And karma would say that I eat crow in this appeal, but I am still making it in the offchance that chances are given here. Since then, I've finished college, attained many certifications, bought a house, went from internship to achieve a fulltime salary position, and fell in love a bit more. I do think that I've matured a bit more than I have, and some of my political ideas have changed. Yes, I believe I'm still a polemicist on a few topics, but realize now that 80% of people (especially within this global community) do not conform to my worldview. So it's pointless to argue or debate those things where I believe I would previously have gone all in on.

I think it was a travesty that you weren't also applied a community ban, having witnessed what happened that led to your discord ban. Aurora has always required the necessary 'paperwork' to justify the permanent removal of someone from the community. Since you had been away from this community for such a long time it's really just unfortunate that I don't possess the receipts to your spectacularly shitty conduct anymore having assumed you would stay gone. Jokes on me in that regard, should not have made that assumption.

There does exist unforgivable offenses and what you did shouldn't be simply forgiven on any mark. "I've changed, matured, sorry" should not be enough to convince anyone that the nasty shit you still said was still tolerable enough to forgive. It wasn't and will never be.

I don't care if you've been successful in your real life, nor do I care if your world view has nuanced over time. That doesn't change what you've said or done or what impact you've left behind. If you really have changed for the better, you're better off making an impact someplace else. There's nothing for you here.

16 hours ago, Zelmana said:

I know it's only been a year or so, and I do hate to pull the "I've matured" card 

5 hours ago, Scheveningen said:

There does exist unforgivable offenses and what you did shouldn't be simply forgiven on any mark. "I've changed, matured, sorry" should not be enough to convince anyone that the nasty shit you still said was still tolerable enough to forgive. It wasn't and will never be.

I don't know if you were trying for an "I gotcha" or what-- but basically that's the opposite of what I'm saying. It was just a little tidbit that I threw on the end. I think I explained my reasoning for my actions and how they weren't justified and messed up, and how I'm requesting some form of forgiveness and offering apology. Not as a means of simply returning to Discord, but as a means of at least setting things a bit more right. You do know I realize that my chances of being unbanned from Discord are extremely slim. In fact, like you have attempted, I realize that even bringing this up risks a retroactive scaling up of my punishment, something that holds legitimate possibility here.

I take that risk because I feel like despite possibly losing anything I may have left here, I'd like to at least put myself on a ground of 'forgiven but not forgotten' to those who believe in such things. However, knowing that I did request forgiveness- and if it is declined, or even retrospectively worsened my punishment, I will no longer hold guilt against myself. This is as much forgiving myself as it is requesting others and to me if that means complete banishment for even bringing it up so be it.

It's my due diligence to offer an apology and have a change of behavior. Whether or not you/others/staff accept it is all in your court. The idea of unforgivable offenses is stupid but you're entitled to hold grudges.

Here's the thing, I don't want to see you back on the Discord if you act even mostly to how you were acting the same way as you did before, and it's not because of how you treated me specifically, it's how you treated other people. I was tired of seeing you treat people awfully up until the time you were banned.

Can you give us any sort of a promise or anything else that you won't do that again?

Edited by Chada1