[Accepted] Peppermint's Mod App

Basic Information

Byond Account: Peppermint96

Character Name(s):  Mercy Loveday / Gabrielle Khalen are the ones I play the most right now. For the full list:

Spoiler

X850hb.jpg

AI Name(s): N/a

Discord username + tag: -

Timezone: -

When are you on Aurora?: I work full time so can only play in the evening. However, I do so from home with a fairly predictable schedule so would be able to leave the client running early in the morning and during early afternoon. Weekends are more variable given the whole pandemic thing, but tend to follow a similar structure - albeit with later nights.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: Three years, but with heavy breaks. Consistent play is closer to two.

How long have you played on Aurora: My forum account was made in Oct 2019, but I was active before that. So all in all, 18 month or so?

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?: Pretty much everything security/antag/command. The vast majority of medical and the more niche science roles. Very mediocre engineering. Weakest area is most certainly service or the plain scientist role.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: Nope.

Have you read through the criteria thread; https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4198 - and believe that you mark off all the criteria?: I'd like to think so, yes.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: One 24 hour ban 16 or so months back. For hacking into the bridge as a sec officer on a nations round. I’d assumed everyone came under antag roles. Turned out we didn’t ^^. Nothing else since.

Personality

Why do you play SS13?: For HRP and, by extension, Aurora. I wouldn't play the base game otherwise.

Why do you play on Aurora?: I personally feel it's the only HRP server left. It's very easy to drop in and find roleplay and is considerably more convenient than forums or chatrooms. I also adore the community here. For SS13, the general tones of acceptance and kindness from folks has been amazing and I can't understate how precious that is.

What do moderators do?:  Uphold the rules and spirit of the server, answer tickets. Take responsibility for tackling player issues as well as to look after the community. Offer help with roleplay and mechanics to newer (and more familiar) faces when required. Be a friendly face who's at least somewhat active outside of the game, so through forums, discord, ect. 

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: Similar to the above, but specifically for Aurora: Ideally to have a vested interest in the community at large and want to see it improve. Due to the many different types of people we get, safeguard those who need it but be welcoming to all. Support the wider staff community as required and needed. Comfortable and relatively experienced with roleplay. 

Why do you want to be a moderator?:  I've played on the server for a long time now, and have been active in the wider community since then. I enjoy my time here and want to contribute to help ensure Aurora continues to be the accepting, warm community it so often is.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?:  I like to think I'm fairly level headed, adaptive to change, and able to step back and look at the wider picture even if I disagree. I have no issue in admitting I was wrong or changing my mind via discussion, as well as taking on feedback to improve. I feel I have a realistic outlook on what the role would entail, as well as the drive to get good at it. No romanticisms here. 

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?:  I'd like to think that it's considerably more stressful than SS13 modding. Likewise spent time volunteering on crisis hotlines and the like, so very much 'comfortable' with people undergoing a lot of emotion. I'm not going to pretend these things never impact me - I'm only human, after all - but I've gotten used to handling it without too much trouble. Also not too prideful not to just ask for help from those around me when needed.

Anything Else You Want to Add:

- There’s another Peppermint who plays on TG that I got confused for early on. Different person.

- Unfortunate timing maybe, but this isn’t an April Fools joke lol.

I’ve known Peppermint since she started playing SS13, we met very early on and became good friends right away. I can safely say she is a wonderful person, great writer and role player, but most importantly for this role, a very patient and understanding person. I’ve seen her take criticism/negative feedback very well in the past (I believe her command app specifically being a good example), while also giving constructive and helpful feedback to many people on many different topics such as new concepts for the server, character ideas, and etc. Anybody who knows Peppermint knows they’d be a good fit for this role, as I know they can also be fair and firm in handing out punishment when need be. 

The inevitable results of their trial will just prove my point with everything I’ve said. They’re a great member of this community and will do great as a moderator to help out. No doubt in my mind for a +1.

Peppermints been around since I left my hiatus 2+ years ago (or something like that) and has consistently been one of the best players, roleplay wise and mechanics wise, on the server since. Her attitude is fantastic when it comes to the game and whatever else and she tries to help with whatever issues people might be having, which makes for a good moderator. I very much doubt Peppermint will disappoint and look forward to seeing what happens! +1 

Edited by Roostercat
  • Flamingo changed the title to [On-Trial] Peppermint's Mod App
  • 1 month later...
  • Yonnimer changed the title to [Accepted] Peppermint's Mod App
  • Yonnimer locked this topic