Dekser goes for 3 whitelists in 30 days [Command application]

BYOND key: Dekser
Character names:

Spoiler

Screenshot_376.png.889ee38b8cc6a9aee1f365b4757f2a20.png

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: Around two years, I took one roughly 6 month break last year but other than that I have been playing almost every day for that time.

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they? Yyyyes, I have received 6 warnings, 5 of them expired and all expired ones from the beginning of 2020 down to half way through 2020. With covid going on it generally had me in a constant bad mood and I wont lie and say I wasn't an idiot, those were my shitter days on Aurora that I'm not proud of but throughout this year I've received only one warning and one temp ban. I think I've been progressively doing better with fewer and fewer slipups and I don't think I'll be banned again.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:
Playing Head of Staff is weirdly similar to playing antagonist. While you are there to have some of your own fun, on non-extended rounds it is your job to build a story with the antagonists instead of just shutting them down and "winning." Playing head of Staff is also about being a sortof role-model to the crew, you have to display experience and have to know the game mechanics in order to show you deserve the position. It is your job as a Head of Staff to run the station and prevent chaos from unveiling, I've been in too many antagonist rounds with no Command members to raise to blue, take acting Captain or do anything to benefit the crew and make the round more interesting and not just watch Security fire peashooters at the antagonist.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:
Playing a whitelisted character, you should be knowledgeable in game mechanics, roleplaying, lore and generally be aware of what is happening aboard the station. Whitelisted players should show an extra layer of roleplay not all players can present. Whitelisted players should also work to make a round interesting but balance it with realistic intent and what they would want to happen. If an assistant buys a bottle of lube and a skateboard from the merchant, while a bit of a stretch we like to have fun here, right? But when they begin lubing up the floors to make their skateboard faster it becomes too ridiculous to really be happening inside a workplace and so should be shut down.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career?
Currently there phoron shortage within Tau Ceti, just use k'ois you guys while it may not directly affect Xulluu Liq'xiir just yet, it has the potential to make their job more difficult. Being a Skrell from the Jargon Federation, albeit not from any major planet, their 127 years of experience would give them quite a few opportunities as such they take the positon aboard Aurora. The conflict between Zo'ra and C'thur following the theft of the RA design would cause workplace disputes, should Engineering Vaurca start arguments over the issue, Liq'xiir would likely have to deal with them. An increased population Skrell join the TCFL as refugees which mildly annoys Liq'xiir as they are a receiver and despite almost never seeing a Jargon vessel, still support the Federation greatly. The Solarian Alliance collapse has little affect on Liq'xiir but because of their time spent on Mars they view the violet dawn explosions caused by Sol is horrifying acts which generally lowers their opinion of Solarians. The situation regarding Mictlan does not affect Liq'xiir in any way but they have acknowledged it.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?
Chief Engineer, Head of Personnel and Captain.

Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?
Yes.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking:
Xulluu Liq'xiir - Chief Engineer

Lixuqe'Xu Xoi - Head of Personnel

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?
I am aware.

Extra notes:

Edited by DekserBecauseILostMyAccoun
Grammar

Desker is great, I've greatly enjoyed playing with the characters I've encountered from him. I think he's excellent at approaching ideas other players avoid, making for unique concepts that are executed in fun and interesting ways. I'd love to see some fresh blood on the command team, and fully support this application. +1

Dekser is someone who does care about the quality of RP that people experience, as shown by the fact that they've managed to get two WL's in succession quite recently which is something I've never actually really seen before, and honestly, I was impressed by it, I understand they may have had a few administrative actions, but they have proved they're capable of rising above them and it shouldn't define them, their characters are usually very good, with a few of them actually being the things that will make me join certain rounds and I believe they should at least be given a shot, They're also the one who taught me quite a bit about engineering, such as setting up the SM, and I think they'd be an excellent CE. 1+

I've primarily interacted with Kahe Zssh out of the roster, however I've seen a handful of the others around. I think Dekser can handle a command trial to see how they do, their characters are well thought out and their trains of thought make sense to me.

+1 at this point in time, I'd like to see a trial.

• 2 weeks later...

Every encounter i have ever had with Dekser has been positive. He helped me develop one of my characters, is fun to talk to, and he helped me learn engineering when i knew nothing about it. Honestly, he should've been CE a long time ago. 

Edited by NeepBeep
Calling him based didn't exactly tell people why i thought he deserved to be CE

+1 from me, just had them as CE during the trial period, Desker was great during it. Admittedly, not much happened, it was extended and there were only about 4 people in the department, however, during that they were good at it. They gave orders, they treated the position as one of command and authority (not just Engineer but with funny extra gear), without going overboard and sounding like an egotistical prick or a control freak. (i've heard) We need more CEs and as an engie main I'd be happy to have Desker as one of them.

• 2 weeks later...