Eddymakaveli's Command Whitelist Application

BYOND key: 

Eddymakaveli

Discord Username: 

EZ#9664

Character names:

Ruben Belmonte, Sameer Nassim, Konstantyn Lovad

How long have you been playing on Aurora?

Since November of 2022

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?

I have never received any administrative action.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?
A Head of Staff functions as a means to generate roleplay within the department, as well as one who functions as a buffer between command and the other members of their department when applicable. They are expected to be fair on an OOC level, and someone who enables the teaching of positions within said department - and makes sure people are staying on-task when doing their role, within reason. Heads of Staff are essential to making sure that things are running smoothly and that people are both having fun and not impeding on the fun of others - including interactions with antagonists and certain events that may come to pass on the Horizon.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?
On an HRP server like this, whitelisted players should serve as a benchmark for how a role/race should be fulfilled. Not in the sense that they should all be carbon copies, but in that they all embody the uniqueness and integrity of the setting as a whole. They should also be an example to folks who are looking to apply for such things themselves, conducting themselves with both integrity and realism with their characters. While not necessarily lore-experts, whitelisted players should also be members of the community that can give guidance on either the job role in which they're commanding and also some knowledge on the species they are playing.

Explain how the recent events in the Spur changed your character and how they came to be employed on the SCCV Horizon.

From entering the more significant galactic market from Dominia through NanoTrasen to the withdrawal of the Empire from Fisanduh - the last decade has served as a catalyst for change within Konstantyn. With more exposure to the Spur as a whole alongside seeing firsthand the bloody and objectively pointless conflict with Fisanduh as a member of the Imperial Flying Corps, Konstantyn was quickly radicalized as a reformist within Dominia - and when presented with an opportunity to be a catalyst for change, circumstance pushed him to break off from the traditional imperial mindset and push for extreme reforms within the Empire as a whole, as shown by his status as an edict breaker (the fifth edict specifically - to destroy all synthetic life found within Dominian space). After defecting to the Coalition, he leveraged his skills and remaining resources to secure high-risk employment with Hephaestus Industries after becoming a citizen. Although overqualified to be a shaft miner, a position within the corporation and on the Horizon served as another opportunity to secure himself a life away from the Empire's grasp and influence.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?
Operations Manager.

Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?
I have read the page for Operations Manager extensively.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking:
Konstantyn Lovad (Operations Manager)

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?
I understand that being granted whitelist is a privilege that can be taken away. 

Have you linked your BYOND account to the Forums?
Yes.

• Like 1

I'm wary given your interaction with antags, and how often it is you'll insert yourself into situations your character has no business being in. Protagonist type, to be blunt.

My main concern is the former tho. On that dominian tribune round a few nights ago, hearing your character talk about how he'd have fought off two RIG wielding commandos with his KA but couldn't charge it in time was very much a hm moment. I also take issue with some character traits, such as being a weapons' smuggler (weapons plans, to be exact) but then being moved to a command position within the SCC anyway? Just seems a tad much when it comes to being believable.

I think you should probably wait a little or play other characters (at the very, very least for a trial) overall, though this isn't a -1 exactly.

59 minutes ago, Peppermint said:

I'm wary given your interaction with antags, and how often it is you'll insert yourself into situations your character has no business being in. Protagonist type, to be blunt.

My main concern is the former tho. On that dominian tribune round a few nights ago, hearing your character talk about how he'd have fought off two RIG wielding commandos with his KA but couldn't charge it in time was very much a hm moment. I also take issue with some character traits, such as being a weapons' smuggler (weapons plans, to be exact) but then being moved to a command position within the SCC anyway? Just seems a tad much when it comes to being believable.

I think you should probably wait a little or play other characters (at the very, very least for a trial) overall, though this isn't a -1 exactly.

To give some perspective - not that it'd change your opinion - the two Dominian bounty hunters were specifically after Konstantyn for edict breaking and corned him almost immediately upon entering the station. And a character saying one thing and acting in another is very much an IC thing, not my attempt to play a hero or protagonist. When in an actual confrontation with said bounty hunters while they were attacking security, he ran away nearly instantly, despite being armed by Captain Roadman at the time. Maybe it is a fault on my end, but my character choosing to boast/embellish IC is not something that I consider the aforementioned protagonism. When push came to shove, he ran away and called security, then left to hide with said officers while the HoS and Captain handled the situation. And as the players of the antagonists can attest, when confronted with them, Konstantyn immediately complied and dropped to the ground - resigned to his fate of being captured and taken back to the Empire where he would face certain death. The only reason he got away was due to their being distracted by a passing security officer and turning their back to him, after which he sprinted off. Dominian honor/pride is a very real thing, and saving face is one way I attempted to portray that - especially when one of the officers questioning him on it was a Caladius primary, IIRC.

As to the "weapon smuggler" thing, that was an antagonist lie. There is a marked difference between selling weapons and weapon designs and selling information gained from being an engineer in the Imperial Flying Corps. I can point to several real-life examples of scientists/engineers defecting from one government to seek asylum/work with another that'd utilize their skills. For transparency's sake, his edict break in Dominia was not killing a synthetic. What is in my exploitable is for antagonists to take advantage of for roleplay, and there are members of command currently that are literal human traffickers or something adjacent if I remember correctly. He was not some international arms dealer, my take is that he was terrified to face judgment and leveraged what he knew/had access to, to buy his way out of Dominia. 

You remark that this behavior happens "often", so if possible I would like more examples of such so I can attempt to maybe give insight or defend my actions - seeing as this was a very specific case in which people were after my character specifically. As a shaft miner, he nearly never interacts with antagonists seeing as I am off-ship most of the time.

11 hours ago, eddymakaveli said:

To give some perspective - not that it'd change your opinion - the two Dominian bounty hunters were specifically after Konstantyn for edict breaking and corned him almost immediately upon entering the station. And a character saying one thing and acting in another is very much an IC thing, not my attempt to play a hero or protagonist. When in an actual confrontation with said bounty hunters while they were attacking security, he ran away nearly instantly, despite being armed by Captain Roadman at the time. Maybe it is a fault on my end, but my character choosing to boast/embellish IC is not something that I consider the aforementioned protagonism. When push came to shove, he ran away and called security, then left to hide with said officers while the HoS and Captain handled the situation. And as the players of the antagonists can attest, when confronted with them, Konstantyn immediately complied and dropped to the ground - resigned to his fate of being captured and taken back to the Empire where he would face certain death. The only reason he got away was due to their being distracted by a passing security officer and turning their back to him, after which he sprinted off. Dominian honor/pride is a very real thing, and saving face is one way I attempted to portray that - especially when one of the officers questioning him on it was a Caladius primary, IIRC.

As to the "weapon smuggler" thing, that was an antagonist lie. There is a marked difference between selling weapons and weapon designs and selling information gained from being an engineer in the Imperial Flying Corps. I can point to several real-life examples of scientists/engineers defecting from one government to seek asylum/work with another that'd utilize their skills. For transparency's sake, his edict break in Dominia was not killing a synthetic. What is in my exploitable is for antagonists to take advantage of for roleplay, and there are members of command currently that are literal human traffickers or something adjacent if I remember correctly. He was not some international arms dealer, my take is that he was terrified to face judgment and leveraged what he knew/had access to, to buy his way out of Dominia. 

You remark that this behavior happens "often", so if possible I would like more examples of such so I can attempt to maybe give insight or defend my actions - seeing as this was a very specific case in which people were after my character specifically. As a shaft miner, he nearly never interacts with antagonists seeing as I am off-ship most of the time.

Sure. A few nights prior you decided to fist fight an armed IPC with a revolver and with a butchering cleaver after they headbutted you. and walked away I seem to remember you running from someone who aim intented you as well the second they dropped it, but that may have been the same dominian round. I don't think it's IC embellishment when these things happen on other rounds too. Given I don't really play often and it's enough to stick in my mind these happen, I am cautious about it. But I'm not on the whitelising team and at the end of the day my opinion doesn't mean anything more than anyone else's.

And yes these are all true. My issue here specifically is the SCC deals with a lot of weapons plans and whatnot, and having someone they know has sold such to another government (one that is often labelled as false) just stretches my personal believability a bit - it's not really a big issue and more of a lore one that I can't really wrap my head around. I generally advise anyone applying on their trial to play a new character, it's not really anything personal.

30 minutes ago, Peppermint said:

Sure. A few nights prior you decided to fist fight an armed IPC with a revolver and with a butchering cleaver after they headbutted you. and walked away I seem to remember you running from someone who aim intented you as well the second they dropped it, but that may have been the same dominian round. I don't think it's IC embellishment when these things happen on other rounds too. Given I don't really play often and it's enough to stick in my mind these happen, I am cautious about it. But I'm not on the whitelising team and at the end of the day my opinion doesn't mean anything more than anyone else's.

And yes these are all true. My issue here specifically is the SCC deals with a lot of weapons plans and whatnot, and having someone they know has sold such to another government (one that is often labelled as false) just stretches my personal believability a bit - it's not really a big issue and more of a lore one that I can't really wrap my head around. I generally advise anyone applying on their trial to play a new character, it's not really anything personal.

Genuinely, I will not even attempt to defend the IPC/cleaver incident. It was incredibly stupid and made zero sense. I latejoined with like 20 minutes left and was walking to the bar, when I accidentally threw something at an IPC when trying to open a door. Obviously I had no clue they were an antag and they were a security officer, so it stunned me a bit when they grabbed me and headbutted me a couple of times in response. That does not justify my refusal to back down when they threatened me with further violence and then going after them when they had a gun. Calling security and letting them handle a rogue IPC would've been what I'd do now or done in a situation where I had more of a chance to slow down and process . Learning moment for me - but yes. Very stupid and I wholly admit that. I would only add that, I don't think that makes me prone to being a 'hero/protagonist' for having a lapse in judgement in which I lost my head (literally). My character was assaulted very suddenly and I had a lapse in judgement, but I did not seek them out at all. No idea they even had incidents earlier in the round as I was not there for them.

And I understand your latter point. My only 'counter' is that the SCC/Hephaestus is the only thing keeping him from being sent back to Dominia for the most part, with the job security they offer. It's a "bite the hand that feeds you" sort of deal that doesn't make sense, but your skepticism is valid. I appreciate your input.

Edited by eddymakaveli

I'm obviously biased, but throughout the time I've known Eddy he has always proven himself to be a very solid roleplayer with a good head on his shoulders (particularly in his ability to separate IC from OOC), and a wide range of characters. He is also very new to SS13 (which could be a +1 or a -1, depending on how you sell it), and yet has managed to learn a lot about the mechanics of the game in a very short time! I think he would be a pretty good Ops manager; no word on Head of Security as I don't play sec much.

I also say that I, personally, have to disagree with Peppermint's perspective on Konstantyn's criminal activity vs. him being allowed to have a command position. There are a lot of command players who have Dark And Evil backstories where they're John Baby-Murderer (I exaggerate a bit), so I think an edict-breaker being allowed to be command doesn't seem too far-fetched to me.

In the short few weeks I've known him, Eddy's proven to be a fun, engaging, and inclusive RPer. I'd also like to pitch in that the handful of times I've observed him (as a ghostmain) receiving interim OM he's not shown any 'protagonist' behavior; his character behaves appropriately regarding antags, keeps in frequent touch with command, and goes through the proper channels when dealing with situations that are beyond Konstantyn's ability to handle. I believe he would do well with a trial.

Your character does not seem to make sense. He is an edict breaker, but for some reason wears the Dominian cape, acts like one, and tries to relate with Dominians. He has a masters in civil (or was it mechanical) engineering, but for some reason, he works as a shaft miner (even though he'd be perfectly allowed to work in engineering), then, he wears clothing from Fisanduh?

For whatever reason, a masters in engineering, who is an edict breaker, that is totally cut off from his house, is somehow also rich enough to buy an IPC, that is also rich enough to maintain it (and the IPC appears in-game too as a miner to help you), even after he betrayed his nation and is wanted by it, and suddenly the SCC trusts them enough to be one of the people in command of its flagship.

All my ingame interactions have been marked by confusion, and a very pedantic sense of micromanagement. You, as a shaft miner, keep trying to enforce people to do menial, and useless tasks. I was busy talking (and roleplaying) with somebody in medical once, and you kept trying to annoy me to sort literally the most useless and trash items on the warehouse that nobody would use since it was lowpop. This is not a one-off example, and I could cite atleast three more instances of this happening, but I would rather not turn this into a rant.  It's annoying OOCly, because hangar technician is meant to be a slow role and you are not even meant to manage other players as a shaft miner.

I am pretty sure you would not like it if I created a ops manager character right now, and forced your character to mine while you were speaking with other Dominians at the bar.

Furthermore, your behavior with other characters has been downright wack, threatening to beat people up over mere arguments and banter. I remember you going on common and asking "Commander... what is the time you get for assaulting someone?" when another hangar technician made fun of you. I don't think a member of command would do this. There are more instances of this behavior cited above in the comments.

I would not like a person who reminds me of annoying micromanagers (service managers) I have seen in command, to micromanage me and abuse your command position with arrest/IR spam. I really doubt you would act the same way with the people your character likes.

You don't have to impress me or whatever, but I would atleast like to see a new character in command. For now, this is a -1.

I seem to recall Lovad's records mentioning that he has a tendency to pick fights with more traditional Dominian staff. I don't know if that was removed at any point as I haven't browsed the records recently, but I don't feel that would be appropriate for a command character. Do feel free to clarify if it has been removed, but even so it wouldn't assuage all of my concerns.
Personally, I haven't had much personal interaction with Lovad good or bad, though I have watched Lovad from time to time when I was ghosting waiting for the round to tick over. I feel like the capability to RP is there without doubt, but I would definitely consider the character - based on his records, who he is, and the further objectively true information I have read here - out of place in command. I don't really have anything to say about the other specific events or interactions talked about in this thread since I wasn't there to see them, but if true, it would make me even more wary. 
Ruben Belmonte and Sameer Nassim emit a few sparks of recognition, but I couldn't really tell you from where since I've seen Lovad far, far more. I vaguely recall thinking Belmonte was okay.
For the record, I would like to make it exceptionally clear for both you and anyone who reviews this app that I have no comments on you as a player save that - reciting exclusively from what I have personally seen and not taking in to account the concerning things I have read in this thread - you seem perfectly capable of roleplaying an acceptable character, I just either don't recognize them or don't feel them appropriate for the command position.

Edited by Sneakyranger
1 hour ago, Sneakyranger said:

I seem to recall Lovad's records mentioning that he has a tendency to pick fights with more traditional Dominian staff. I don't know if that was removed at any point as I haven't browsed the records recently, but I don't feel that would be appropriate for a command character. Do feel free to clarify if it has been removed, but even so it wouldn't assuage all of my concerns.
Personally, I haven't had much personal interaction with Lovad good or bad, though I have watched Lovad from time to time when I was ghosting waiting for the round to tick over. I feel like the capability to RP is there without doubt, but I would definitely consider the character - based on his records, who he is, and the further objectively true information I have read here - out of place in command. I don't really have anything to say about the other specific events or interactions talked about in this thread since I wasn't there to see them, but if true, it would make me even more wary. 
Ruben Belmonte and Sameer Nassim emit a few sparks of recognition, but I couldn't really tell you from where since I've seen Lovad far, far more. I vaguely recall thinking Belmonte was okay.
For the record, I would like to make it exceptionally clear for both you and anyone who reviews this app that I have no comments on you as a player save that - reciting exclusively from what I have personally seen and not taking in to account the concerning things I have read in this thread - you seem perfectly capable of roleplaying an acceptable character, I just either don't recognize them or don't feel them appropriate for the command position.

I would 100% be open to playing another character in the command role. Regarding the records -  security in particular with the comments about his behavior towards Dominian crew - that's a failure on my part to update them since he was created. I do not thinks it fits his character nor fits much with someone who would even be allowed to work on the Horizon to begin with. His IC interactions with Dominian Heads of Staff are usually overly-polite and quick, as he attempts to avoid the inevitable talk about his status and urging to return (as the edicts command them to do). I appreciate your response and again, if Lovad is not appropriate I am happy to create a new character or play one of my more suitable characters in a command role.

2 hours ago, Flpfs said:

Your character does not seem to make sense. He is an edict breaker, but for some reason wears the Dominian cape, acts like one, and tries to relate with Dominians. He has a masters in civil (or was it mechanical) engineering, but for some reason, he works as a shaft miner (even though he'd be perfectly allowed to work in engineering), then, he wears clothing from Fisanduh?

For whatever reason, a masters in engineering, who is an edict breaker, that is totally cut off from his house, is somehow also rich enough to buy an IPC, that is also rich enough to maintain it (and the IPC appears in-game too as a miner to help you), even after he betrayed his nation and is wanted by it, and suddenly the SCC trusts them enough to be one of the people in command of its flagship.

All my ingame interactions have been marked by confusion, and a very pedantic sense of micromanagement. You, as a shaft miner, keep trying to enforce people to do menial, and useless tasks. I was busy talking (and roleplaying) with somebody in medical once, and you kept trying to annoy me to sort literally the most useless and trash items on the warehouse that nobody would use since it was lowpop. This is not a one-off example, and I could cite atleast three more instances of this happening, but I would rather not turn this into a rant.  It's annoying OOCly, because hangar technician is meant to be a slow role and you are not even meant to manage other players as a shaft miner.

I am pretty sure you would not like it if I created a ops manager character right now, and forced your character to mine while you were speaking with other Dominians at the bar.

Furthermore, your behavior with other characters has been downright wack, threatening to beat people up over mere arguments and banter. I remember you going on common and asking "Commander... what is the time you get for assaulting someone?" when another hangar technician made fun of you. I don't think a member of command would do this. There are more instances of this behavior cited above in the comments.

I would not like a person who reminds me of annoying micromanagers (service managers) I have seen in command, to micromanage me and abuse your command position with arrest/IR spam. I really doubt you would act the same way with the people your character likes.

You don't have to impress me or whatever, but I would atleast like to see a new character in command. For now, this is a -1.

-------------------

Regarding his background, the cape has a very distinct description to signify how it looks and differentiate how it'd look as compared to a more traditional one. All his 'assets being freezed' does not mean every single article of Dominian clothing of his had been seized. Being someone who defected - it would take a lot of planning and slowly attempting to hide away assets. I can direct you to several real-life public figures who have defected from their countries/betrayed their countries, whose quality of life did not suffer due to receiving  a payoff for information or having stowed captial/cash/etc that they can liquidate. Regarding the degree - again, he was a  someone who sought asylum after defecting. Not being able to get a position in what he was a trained, no matter how qualified, is a very common thing that happens to asylum-seekers when they're out of their home-country. Though he could potentially become an engineer by this point, the desperation of getting a position sometimes means you settle for being overqualified for work simply to get a position within a company. Though it may come off as too 'unique' of a circumstance, it is something that happens all-to-much in reality. People leave their homes and are unable to get work in their previous occupation for a plethora of reasons, which doesn't seem outside a reasonable background for any normal character in almost any setting.

You, as a shaft miner, keep trying to enforce people to do menial, and useless tasks. I was busy talking (and roleplaying) with somebody in medical once, and you kept trying to annoy me to sort literally the most useless and trash items on the warehouse that nobody would use since it was lowpop. This is not a one-off example, and I could cite atleast three more instances of this happening, but I would rather not turn this into a rant.  It's annoying OOCly, because hangar technician is meant to be a slow role and you are not even meant to manage other players as a shaft miner.

I am going to try and remain as objective as I can, only commenting on things I've seen myself and not hearsay. He hasn't ever 'micro-managed' anyone in Operations, as a shaft miner or a technician. The only times he has commented on people doing their duties, have been when there's been brazen neglect or when command has asked about why certain things are undone. He has come up to or been a part of several shifts in which Claire was simply lounging around or doing nothing - and the warehouse being completely unsorted with no bounties done and not a single crate being shipped. The incident in question in medical, he only came to get Claire because she had come up from residential, not checked the warehouse, and then proceeded to park themselves in a place to chat. That is far from the only instance in which he'd witnessed her doing something similar. Several other Operations members or even Captains would be able to attest to that statement as well.

Regarding the comment about making an Operations Manager, I can confidently say that Konstantyn nearly always does his job and does it in a timely manner. Going out to mine at about 00:05-00:15 then coming back around 1:00 - there is not really a chance to go on multiple trips out mining unless the asteroid/exoplanet is very close. With the new changes to the overmap, it's even more difficult with everything so spaced out. Not to mention that sometimes miners wait for KA upgrades and even hardsuits from machinists. So yes, feel free to play an OM and I am sure you'd be very happy with his actual job performance if you were genuinely interested in such.

And lastly, regarding my behavior with other characters, it's a misrepresentation that you've posted - removing a lot of context from the situation. The character in question that you're referring to had harassed Konstantyn endlessly and was attempting to goad him into some sort of reaction. There are several instances of this and an IR report about it that has been addressed and as of right now - no disciplinary action has been taken against Konstantyn. I would even endeavor to say that he went out of his way to attempt to be cordial and polite with people, and has only reacted harshly a handful of times to a very specific character who - as I said- consistently was trying to goad him. To say that this has extended to all of operations or other characters is an outright lie. Even Dominian nobles who have ordered him away from daring to breathe the same air as them, have typically been treated with decency and mostly respect.

I keep it short and sweet and say GO for it! if you make a new character for the Command whitelist. I'd happily support you if you did that; I just don't think rearranging your current characters that you play, to fit into a command whitelist would work either ICly or OOCly. Konstantyn fits into Operations but, I don't know if he'd fit into Command.

I think you have the ability to do as a player a great command effort, I've seen you been a good interim OM with nothing to complain about that I have seen. I do think that Konstantyn could fit into command, but you'd have to do some shaving, plus people will have some preconceptions of the character as we've seen above. 

I think you're a good roleplayer, I do think that at least for the trial not having any bias attached to you while you do it from the command being Konstantyn may give you better odds. 

As for the negative feedback above, on the Dominian round where he was kidnapped I was uhhh, I think Fives, either Fives or Freedom and I didn't hear of any heroics. Konstantyn however -is- a boaster, like most miners who like to act as if they're big and tough, which is kinda par for the course of that field. I've never heard him do any crazy heroics unless there's like literally no security, in that case he does try to help but I don't see problems with that.

Either way if you choose to promote him or make a new one I think you'll do a great job. 

+1

Edited by Lmwevil

I've had the benefit of being able to play with, get to know, and enjoy most characters of Eddy's so far. I find them to be grounded in lore and fun to interact with, and it feels like a lot of thought has been put into their characters, of which Konstantyn is definitely the one who's been the most present lately. I have a 'good' understanding of Dominian lore, perhaps not as intricate as some of the others posting here as I don't tend to use that knowledge via on-ship characters, but I've not really stumbled into any glaring errors in Konstantyn's design that've made me stop and wonder. I've found Eddy portrays the going from noble to shitcreek in mining fairly well, and their reasoning for getting a spot in Command makes sense to me. I'm sure I don't know all of Konstantyn's story as I don't really interrogate characters in conversations, but it made sense to me and was coherent.

As for Konstantyn not fitting in Command, I don't really see that; the distaste between edict breakers and nobles is mutual, but that doesn't excluse Dominian nobles from Command positions, and Konstantyn's offenses are oh-so-tame compared to some other command personnel I've seen. Frankly, I'd really like to see the dynamic between an exile and noble command member if done in a proper way, I don't think it's something I've seen before.

Those are my positive notes on Konstantyn's character which I hope is encouraging to some degree.

Regarding command play which is arguably more important here, I think Eddy'll do fine. From what I've seen personally in-round, discussions I've had with them, and also what they've said above, it feels like they know how to balance action and not going too hard on antagonists. The few times I have had them as iOM they've done a great job: they're a reliable option for the spot and they know the ins-and-outs of the Operations department; they did a good job in a fairly chaotic round too, helping out where needed, offering to handle announcements; they offered some interesting things to do as an OM, such as teaching some of the newer waves of hangar technicians how to load the guns.

I've not really got any doubts when it comes to Eddy's characters or command conduct. It's a pretty easy +1, I'd love to see what kind of characters you could come up with for command roles, best of luck.

I haven't played that much with Eddy's characters, so take this with a grain of salt. OOCly, he seems like someone who can handle Command and will be a good addition to the roster. Sure, he might have done some sketch during his time playing, but frankly, who hasn't? The few IC interactions I've had were pleasant, and I'm biased because San Colette strong (again, grain of salt). Hold, fight, win, and +1.

On 09/01/2023 at 14:28, eddymakaveli said:

There is a marked difference between selling weapons and weapon designs and selling information gained from being an engineer in the Imperial Flying Corps. I can point to several real-life examples of scientists/engineers defecting from one government to seek asylum/work with another that'd utilize their skills.

Your real life example would be applicable if he sold them to the same entity that is now hiring them, which is not the case -- don't gloss over that he sold schematics to recognised terrorists.

This is to say that Lovad cannot be a head of staff. This application will be accepted once you select a new character.

55 minutes ago, MattAtlas said:

Your real life example would be applicable if he sold them to the same entity that is now hiring them, which is not the case -- don't gloss over that he sold schematics to recognised terrorists.

This is to say that Lovad cannot be a head of staff. This application will be accepted once you select a new character.

Fair enough! In this instance, I would play my Investigator - Ruben Belmonte - as a Head of Security.

Explain how the recent events in the Spur changed your character and how they came to be employed on the SCCV Horizon.

The Collapse greatly affected Ruben, and even what happened directly before such. As an officer in the Solarian Navy who left to join the (at the time) SDF/Milita of the San Colette Civil Guard - Ruben saw firsthand the unraveling of the Solarian Alliance and the events that led up to what came to fruition in 2462 during the Solarian Civil War. Being stationed part of the Civil Guard during the 67 Fleet's attempted seizure of San Colette's phoron, the experience really put into perspective how quickly things were coming apart in and around his home.

He was also part of the mass exodus out of the Civil Guard post-Collapse, and sought private employment with Zavodski Industries to finally leave Sol and secure a position as an Investigator on the SCCV Horizon through Zavod - wanting something less military-oriented and much more peaceful than any life he could have with the shifting politics of Sol and San Colette's unique position as an independent Republic.

Please let me know if he's an acceptable character for the role.

I've interacted with Eddy's characters both Command not. They so far have added to RP and interactions, rarely have they taken away from them. They can be a bit ODD both ICly and sometimes OOCly, but its nothing outside the acceptable. 

They deserve the spot, imo +1

Honestly would not have supported this if you hadn't shown through Ruben that you are able to play a believable and coherent commander. The interactions i had with you during your trial convinced me that you should have the whitelist. Good job and +1