Graphite's custom chassis

BYOND Key: Dreamixpl

Character name: Graphite

Item name: Graphite's chassis.

Why is your character carrying said item to work? It is Graphite's chassis, it may be hard to work without it.

Item function(s): It is a Graphite's chassis.

Item description:

Graphite is an android. Its paint is scraped off in some places, exposing its original red colour, under the freshly applied paint. It has lots of small holes, various scratches and several dents on its rugged external armor. Its armor is made out of some sort of rough and harsh in touch material, it does not shine. Graphite’s main ‘thorax’ is C-shaped, with its head on top of it, legs on its bottom end, and limbs extending from the middle. Graphite’s armor bends, crackles and creaks when it is moving, there are also visible little pneumatic cylinders, hissing and releasing gases of some sort when it is moving. This android is moving in a six-legged, insectoid-like manner, using its six relatively small legs.

Its arms are thick and bulky, with some wires of various colours sticking out, and rails on its bottom and upper parts, probably used for mounting of additional equipment. These arms have round, 360-degree ball-joints, allowing them to rotate freely. On the sides, they have little, narrow ‘caution’-black-yellow stripes, with also a big, red sign in Skrellian language. It reads: ‘Warning, explosive weaponry’, despite its obvious lack of such weapons. Its arms are partially hollow, indicating absence of any non-standard or dangerous equipment.

Graphite’s head is small, it does not have a clear location of its ‘mouth’ or other parts of a organic body. It does have a counterpart of eyes, a narrow panel composed of, at a first glance, LED lights, resembling a shape of letter "H". The panel always has a brighter point on it, constantly rotating, moving, shifting through surroundings, constantly scanning everything that is moving. Its head has three small antennas, two on its right side of the head, and one on its left side. It also has a small radar dish on its left side, the radar is constantly rotating on a steady pace. The sounds Graphite is synthesizing when it is communicating with its surroundings are calm, and non-gendered, one could say. It has flawless pronunciation, with some slight accent of Earth-slavic and Skrellian origin.

Item appearance:

0410f1f0c77e3662418eacd2d1333822.png

Additional comments:

I will send a private message with a link to .dmi file with the sprites when required. Also, I have the code to make it work in-game!

Old stuff:

BYOND Key: Dreamixpl

Character name: Graphite

Item name: Graphite's chassis.

Why is your character carrying said item to work? It is Graphite's chassis, it may be hard to work without it.

Item function(s): It is a Graphite's chassis.

Item description:

Graphite is an android. Its paint is scraped off in some places, exposing its original red colour, under the freshly applied paint. It has lots of small holes, various scratches and several dents on its rugged external armor. Its armor is made out of some sort of rough and harsh in touch material, it does not shine. Graphite’s main ‘thorax’ is C-shaped, with its head on top of it, propulsion module on its bottom end, and limbs extending from the middle. Graphite’s armor bends, crackles and creaks when it is moving, there are also visible little pneumatic cylinders, hissing and releasing small amounts of gases of some sort when it is moving. This android is moving in a tripedal manner, using its three relatively small legs.

Its arms are thick and bulky, with some wires sticking out and rails on its bottom and upper parts, used for mounting of additional equipment. These arms have round, 360-degree joints, allowing them to rotate freely. On the sides, they have little, narrow ‘caution’, black-yellow stripes, with a big, red sign in Ceti Basic. It reads: ‘Warning, explosive weaponry’, despite its obvious lack of such weapons. Its arms are partially hollow, indicating absence of any non-standard or dangerous equipment.

Graphite’s head is small, it does not have a clear location of its ‘mouth’ or other parts of a body, similar to those of organic being. It does have a counterpart of eyes, a narrow panel composed of, at a first glance, LED lights. The panel always has a brighter point on it, constantly rotating, moving, shifting through surroundings, constantly scanning everything that is moving. Its head has three small antennas, two on its right side of the head, and one on its left side. The left antenna is constantly rotating on a steady pace. The sounds Graphite is synthesizing when it is communicating with its surroundings are calm, and non-gendered, one could say. It has flawless pronunciation, with some slight accent of Earth-slavic origin.

Old flavor text:

Security: You see a security android. It has blue armor. It is worn out in some places, exposing the original red paint under the clearly-new blue paint. Its armor is shiny and has various scratches and small holes. It has letters "Graphite" written in black on its robo-arms. This android's chassis might have been a military one before, as it is missing it's weapons on its robo-arms. Clearly, this complex machine went through a lot.

Medical: You see a medical android. It has shiny, light-blue armor. It's paint is worn out in some places, exposing small patches of red paint under it. It has some scratches and small holes on it. It has letters "Graphite" written in red on its robo-arms. This android's chassis might have been a military one before, as it is missing it's weapons on its robo-arms. Clearly, this complex machine went through a lot.

Engineering: You see a engineering android. It has shiny, dark-orange/light-brown armor, it has some scratches and small holes on it. It's robo-arms are painted in cautionary, reflective stripes. This android's chassis might have been a military one before, as it is missing it's weapons on its robo-arms. Clearly, this complex machine went through a lot.

Item appearance:

Pretty big image: (open in a new tab)

Z5QECVq.png

http://i.imgur.com/Z5QECVq.png

Old stuff: http://imgur.com/OXxGI8g

Additional comments:

I will send a private message with a link to .dmi file with the sprites when required. Also, I have the code to make it work in-game!

Graphite is a ex-military lawed android that has been bought by NanoTrasen from a minor private security and research-focused company after it went bankrupt. It's long-time memory has been wiped after it was decommissioned, being down-graded to a normal android, with its Graphite-class chassis being what is left of its military career. Graphite is operating on a special, autonomous operating system. It can adapt to its new roles, various circumstances, as it can learn by itself, basing it's behaviors on observations, hence why it "feels" the need to not hurt anyone, and operates well in a non-lawed chassis. It can also emulate emotions, based on the ones it observed during its interactions with various organic life-forms, that is the reason why Graphite refers to other synthetics as brothers and sisters and is trying to take care of them, because it observed some organics love their family.

Edited by Guest
+1. While it might be slightly hard to do it /only/ for Graphite, Graphite is still a good cyborg android - and new sprites for cyborgs are always fun (though aren't these a combat drone from Star Wars?)

I think, we have the code for that. But I couldn't find a proper example of it to see if it works on a private server. Also, I found some sprites inside robots.dmi, resembling droidekas from starwars. http://imgur.com/6Ci6JgS

Also, comparison of Graphite custom sprites and original droid-combat sprites from the editor.

http://imgur.com/uxMwkzu

uxMwkzu

• 1 month later...
+1. While it might be slightly hard to do it /only/ for Graphite, Graphite is still a good cyborg - and new sprites for cyborgs are always fun (though aren't these a combat drone from Star Wars?)

It's already been done for Red Queen as a borg, iirc, so the framework should be there (Correct me if I'm wrong devs).

As for the request itself, it looks good. The design is also very familiar, but I can't quite place where I've seen that from before (From another game, I /think/, I just cant remember off the top of my head). It also has a backstory to back-up having the custom design, by the looks of it. +1 from me.

It's already been done for Red Queen as a borg, iirc, so the framework should be there (Correct me if I'm wrong devs).

If we are both talking about the same round, Red Queen had the sprite changed by an Admin, after ahelping and asking. I also could ask for the sprites, but I decided to just wait.

As for the request itself, it looks good. The design is also very familiar, but I can't quite place where I've seen that from before (From another game, I /think/, I just cant remember off the top of my head). It also has a backstory to back-up having the custom design, by the looks of it. +1 from me.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Droideka Also, combat droid sprites from B12 code.

I changed the flavor text/description, giving it a lot more fluff and to be generally more descriptive. Also, I am waiting for a Spriter to improve and unblur the sprites. Also, I am leaving for 7-8 days to a place without my PC. I will be back.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm not quite sure how I feel about droideka sprites. Aren't these able to actually appear in-game in the form of syndicate cyborgs?

These sprites work, and are the sprites I want. These sprites are not exactly droideka-like.

These sprites also work, and may actually appear in-game in the form of syndicate cyborgs, but syndicate cyborgs are not used, unless some variables are edited +code red. I don't want them.

EDIT: @Alber, I'm not sure if we actually have those borgs you are talking about. I couldn't find their sprites in Aurora's codebase-thingy. Are you sure those are not Paradise (or something else's) thing?

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, it really just looks like a Droideka's big brother or if Square Enix designed them instead. Maybe make their arms less gun-y and round off the tip of the head. https://gyazo.com/6aa3c91f358f700bacc2f424fff644c6 Is a couple of suggestions I would give. Heck, maybe even add another pair of legs so that he has 6 instead of 4. More minor changes like this will give a lesser feel of Droideka and help you make something much more different.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...