Character Feedback Thread - V2

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well judging by how Isiah is always there during the rounds I find most fun, that should say something about the quality of RP he provides. I think science as a whole on Aurora would suffer without a regular, dependable, competent RnD like Fraser. He is a much needed character. How the hell did he manage to date my Robosexual character I still don't know. That conflict has led to some interesting places though. Like turning him into an AI. Which leads me to:

1- I love the way we ERP <3 just don't tell anyone

Anything Talia should know about here?

Well judging by how Isiah is always there during the rounds I find most fun, that should say something about the quality of RP he provides. I think science as a whole on Aurora would suffer without a regular, dependable, competent RnD like Fraser. He is a much needed character. How the hell did he manage to date my Robosexual character I still don't know. That conflict has led to some interesting places though. Like turning him into an AI. Which leads me to:

Anything Talia should know about here?

Didn't you read!?!?!?! He said don't tell anyone!

As far as the rest goes, I'm glad my coworkers have such high confidence in my professional capabilities... given it's a job of simple memorization, but still. As far as the dating number, it was Talia who asked Fraser out! And lastly, I'm glad that I contribute interesting and fun role-play, and its nice to hear my character is well-received. Now to go to your thread and throw down a ton of criticism to make you feel terrible about yourself and your character.

It's pretty obvious that I'm a fan of Talia Gauss as a character. Not only does she share the same last name as one of the greatest mathematicians of all time, but also I've built up a pretty entertaining character history with her through Isiah Fraser. She is by far the most competent mechatronic engineer I've worked with, and I like that I can just ask for "The usual" and get everything I need for research. (All though sometimes you mess it up and give me two syringe guns and a super cap when I want one syringe gun and two super caps.) Also my character is dating your character, so there's also that, even though you turned me into a lawed AI once (non-canonically). She's certainly one of the people I check for on the crew roster before deciding if a round is worth joining, along with Seon, Tony Smith, and Martin Richter.

If LiLITH's mission on Aurora is uncovering deep background intelligence on it's crew... she's failing, hardcore.

Like Fraser, I haven't really gotten to know Gauss enough to learn about who she is as a character, but she's another competent and dependable research department regular. So, pretty close to the exact opposite of Illdenberg.

Current Tenenza Approval Point Score (TAPS): 2

A few ways to get more points:

• Test the damages, firerates, and special abilites of all the research weapons, without breaking the rules or getting arrested.

Try to rebuild the derelict, and get at least 1 room up and working.

Find an anomoly and come out with a practical application.

Make a pill that solves everything.

Singulo Experiments

Filing actual paperwork on your research

Not publish your work on the forum (leave stuff for the new researchers to discover!)

Trading data with the secret science network.

Figuring out fire code.

Teleporter Network.

Turning Xenobio into a Zoo.

Built a Gygax and name it something cool.

Find and explore those weird structures that I spawned on Z-6.

Deal 500+ damage in a single hit, using !!SCIENCE!!.

Break the Bomb Cap.

Crash the Server, but like, not on purpose, legitimately accidently, with science. (Seriously, don't do this on purpose)

Synthesize Nanites.

Figure out what the unique drugs are for.

Fight a ghostly goose, and probably loose.

Build a new Telecomms network, just for science. (Bonus points for subchannels for each lab!)

Play an RD that acts like a real research director.

Etc

Talia Gauss is a very distinct character to me. I was around for her first appearance on the station. She got IAM setup as a post-round start borg, and she was very enthusiastic/excited about the whole experience. (Unless I'm just mistaking Talia for somebody else entirely, but I don't think I am.)

My opinion overall is very positive! She's a pretty normal person, with some noteworthy oddities that don't really come up in sharply negative ways. I know she gets into shenanigans/lets antaggy-criminal stuff go on, but she also fills people (well, IAM anyway) in when it gets serious. I know I'm not seeing the whole character all the time, but what I do see is very positive.

On a related note, I'd encourage you to seek Head of Staff whitelisting. I think RD would suit you well.

My general impression of Fraser is positive, although my characters haven't interacted with yours very much for the simple reason that there isn't much overlap in what they do.

IAM runs into Talia a lot because she's a roboticist (well, Biomechanical Engineer), and Seon a lot because she gets into a lot of trouble and it wants to help her out if it can. Most of its interactions with Fraser are therefore indirect or as a result of interactions with these people rather than Fraser himself. Because of this, there's not much I can add that other people haven't said.

On a related note, IAM has read Seon's records and is deeply confused by the remarks from Fraser found in there now that it's aware of Fraser's relationship with Talia. Before all the xenobiology nonsense on the 24th, I understand IAM stirred up a little bit of drama between the two of them.

All though sometimes you mess it up and give me two syringe guns and a super cap when I want one syringe gun and two super caps.

I think I get what it's like to work as a waiter now. I have been doing that recently though haven't I? Odd.

along with Seon, Tony Smith, and Martin Richter.

I would add in Kala and some others, but that's generally my science dream team too. It's an honor to be a part of it.

Talia has been complemented on her name game by multiple characters. She got beet by Boopers, although who can contest to that really? In some round with a nice mining department and no RD to come, this is so going to have to happen.

Filing actual paperwork on your research

If by paperwork you mean write ups of experimentation then sure, Talia has done that. Definitely should do it more as it is nice practice for IRL too. If you mean equipment requisition and robotic construction forms then that would be far too OOC for talia. Those take away productivity and progress.

Synthesize Nanites.

I'm not sure if that is chemistry, robotics, or both, but I will find out.

It still amazes me all that science is capable of in this game given the time, resources, and legal leniency. I look forward to perusing these new goals. Thanks for the suggestions!

Talia has been complemented on her name game by multiple characters. She got beet by Boopers, although who can contest to that really? In some round with a nice mining department and no RD to come, this is so going to have to happen.

Wait until we get a load or resources so there's no shortage, and tell LiLITH you want to make a Gygax for weapons testing and she'll probably say yes. Just... whatever you do, don't tell her you want to make it just so you can name it something awesome. She'd never understand or approve. She doesn't even name bots she builds.But if she did, she'd name them stuff like C001, C002, M001, M002... you get where this is going...