/!\ READ - STATE OF TAJARAN /!\

Here's an idea: Put a ban on Tajaran Heads. Restrict Tajarans to Civilian and Engineering Jobs, and basic medical jobs like nurse or EMT

Probably nearing 70% of Tajara are in civilian, engineering, medical jobs already. What exactly will this change? You don't see Tajara in security acting like dicks to people because they call them cats.

Well in that logic its the least invasive way to frick up their day without being completely beyond reason. Hammer the point in that they're not equal to everyone else.

All that does is punish the Tajara that aren't massive assholes to anybody that dares to talk shit about them.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an idea: Put a ban on Tajaran Heads. Restrict Tajarans to Civilian and Engineering Jobs, and basic medical jobs like nurse or EMT

The problem with that is the job restrictions just nixxed a majority of the longer-term Tajaran characters that have been around for awhile and aren't necessarily the problem.

The problem with that is the job restrictions just nixxed a majority of the longer-term Tajaran characters that have been around for awhile and aren't necessarily the problem.

In my experience, the problem with Tajaran "personalities" is character/player-specific, not job-specific.

Giving Tajarans job restrictions will change where you'll see them but it won't change their personalities. It could be good if you wanted to reinforce the sense of them being mistrusted or judged only fit for menial labor, but I don't think that's the problem this thread is trying to address. We're concerned with Tajarans being wayyyy hella sassy, not way hella smart.

In my experience, the problem with Tajaran "personalities" is character/player-specific, not job-specific.

Giving Tajarans job restrictions will change where you'll see them but it won't change their personalities. It could be good if you wanted to reinforce the sense of them being mistrusted or judged only fit for menial labor, but I don't think that's the problem this thread is trying to address. We're concerned with Tajarans being wayyyy hella sassy, not way hella smart.

I can handle lore based IC hate, It's the constant OOC hate of the Tajara that gets old. Can we maybe crack down on that? It's discouraging to play a race that is so hated and slandered in OOC by even "Staff" of the server.

Mmhm. I agree, +1 and stuff.

However, this problem covers a little more than just Tajarans. Any topic, whether it's robots, cats, lizards, security, anything. Some just people cannot resist screaming "shitcurity", "burn cats", "gas lizards", "ban Voltage/whoever", "nazinazipenispenis", "i always shoot robots on sight", "alwys ham baton guise", you get the idea. While I myself am a nazi furry-hater, I don't "shitpost" in OOC. And I don't turn every discussion into a "throwing joke insults at everything and everybody"-party. Just observe how OOC talks go on, on our server.

This is relevant, I believe that OOC would end sooner or later, or a healthy discusscussion would never happen. That is why we can't have nice things.

I can handle lore based IC hate, It's the constant OOC hate of the Tajara that gets old. Can we maybe crack down on that? It's discouraging to play a race that is so hated and slandered in OOC by even "Staff" of the server.

Mmhm. I agree, +1 and stuff.

However, this problem covers a little more than just Tajarans. Any topic, whether it's robots, cats, lizards, security, anything. Some just people cannot resist screaming "shitcurity", "burn cats", "gas lizards", "ban Voltage/whoever", "nazinazipenispenis", "i always shoot robots on sight", "alwys ham baton guise", you get the idea. While I myself am a nazi furry-hater, I don't "shitpost" in OOC. And I don't turn every discussion into a "throwing joke insults at everything and everybody"-party. Just observe how OOC talks go on, on our server.

This is relevant, I believe that OOC would end sooner or later, or a healthy discusscussion would never happen. That is why we can't have nice things.

I would lik3 to see racism done better. Corporate racism can be fun to rp but its very different from the racism i see on aroura. All ive ever seen is just blatant hate racism of people calling cats every name in the book and being down right berligerant which is wholly unrealistic in a research station. If you wana complain about tajs escalating to claws can we also point out how unrealistic it is to even have to deal with such blatant racism?

I would lik3 to see racism done better. Corporate racism can be fun to rp but its very different from the racism i see on aroura. All ive ever seen is just blatant hate racism of people calling cats every name in the book and being down right berligerant which is wholly unrealistic in a research station. If you wana complain about tajs escalating to claws can we also point out how unrealistic it is to even have to deal with such blatant racism?

You think openly calling people nasty racial epithets is an unrealistic portrayal of racism in a setting where the specified race is, in fact, not all that well-accepted and is officially discriminated against in terms of job possibilities?

While I can understand finding it obnoxious, its not unrealistic at all.

You think openly calling people nasty racial epithets is an unrealistic portrayal of racism in a setting where the specified race is, in fact, not all that well-accepted and is officially discriminated against in terms of job possibilities?

If this was a job for rednecks bar and grill i would understand. But were talking about an advance research station where tight security is maintained and qualifications to even step foot on the station is pretty high. Generally , no you dont see open and beligerant racism in a place like that

If this was a job for rednecks bar and grill i would understand. But were talking about an advance research station where tight security is maintained and qualifications to even step foot on the station is pretty high. Generally , no you dont see open and beligerant racism in a place like that

You don't abide by your own statement. Safiyas age isn't the proper age for a Geneticist. I wouldn't call it advanced, its mainly for plasma research. Hardly anything on station is even remotely impressive or scientifically useful. Other then the R&D Lab, Robotics, Telescience, and Genetics, the station is dull. Engineers would be EVA Trained Mechanics essentially, Medical would be doctors and nurses, and Security would be a mix between PMC and Mall Cops. Can't forget cargo, which always attracts the special criminal characters who smuggled shit across the galaxy until they got bored and decided to pull crates all day on a research station.

There's 'racism' everywhere. Even in professional environments. Tajaran, Unathi are largely looked down upon in society as unintelligent, lousy, animals, to be frank. Neither even have a space program, and Tajaran live in fucking tribes still. It would take them months to figure out how a ballpoint pen works, let alone Genetic Modification. They have slightly developed cities but not nearly enough to be considered of equal intellect. Their cities are the equivalent of a small new York city from the 1940s. It's been over 40 years since first contact with them and they are as developed as a modern 14 year old. The most impressive job a Tajaran should get is Security or Engineer.

If course this is all my opinion.

You don't abide by your own statement. Safiyas age isn't the proper age for a Geneticist. I wouldn't call it advanced, its mainly for plasma research. Hardly anything on station is even remotely impressive or scientifically useful. Other then the R&D Lab, Robotics, Telescience, and Genetics, the station is dull. Engineers would be EVA Trained Mechanics essentially, Medical would be doctors and nurses, and Security would be a mix between PMC and Mall Cops. Can't forget cargo, which always attracts the special criminal characters who smuggled shit across the galaxy until they got bored and decided to pull crates all day on a research station.

There's 'racism' everywhere. Even in professional environments. Tajaran, Unathi are largely looked down upon in society as unintelligent, lousy, animals, to be frank. Neither even have a space program, and Tajaran live in fucking tribes still. It would take them months to figure out how a ballpoint pen works, let alone Genetic Modification. They have slightly developed cities but not nearly enough to be considered of equal intellect. Their cities are the equivalent of a small new York city from the 1940s. It's been over 40 years since first contact with them and they are as developed as a modern 14 year old. The most impressive job a Tajaran should get is Security or Engineer.

If course this is all my opinion.

Most people would not be comfortable around your disgusting cat alien. Most people would not feel all that comfortable around a seven foot tall reptile. Bottom line is, I don't think most people would feel comfortable around aliens.

Most people would not be comfortable around your disgusting cat alien. Most people would not feel all that comfortable around a seven foot tall reptile. Bottom line is, I don't think most people would feel comfortable around aliens.

So one min in told this is a super secret high qualifying research station. The next im told its the local community college level of research aith rentacops. Which is it. Also if the aliens are as distrusted/retarded as you suggest (cant even figure out a ball point pen) then there would literally be no aliens on this station. Even the two lore masters here have taj that are in head positions

Edited by Guest

So one min in told this is a super secret high qualifying research station. The next im told its the local community college level of research aith rentacops. Which is it. Also if the aliens are as distrusted/retarded as you suggest (cant even figure out a ball point pen) then there would literally be no aliens on this station. Even the two lore masters here have taj that are in head positions

Edited by Guest