Prosthetics

swat43

We all know the love of EMP'ing the prosthetic people, cutting peoples limbs off and feeding them to the black market so you can scratch few hundred creds.. i mean,... wat?

The topic of the day is.... Yea.. it's already given away.. The Prosthetics. Mainly the limbs one.

What am i proposing? Well, i am proposing TWO types of Prosthetics.

So we all know that most Prosthetics we have are... Not beneficial and are handicapping the people who have them making them even more useless if you just sneeze at them and then ask or beg some one to repair you or end your misery.

Then what i propose.. is Tier based Prosthetics.

First Tier: They are simple constructions that are meant as a visual coverage or to help with person with daily basic needs.

Pros:

Easily repairable (you can also do it yourself)

Really cheap to make and fast.

ALL species can use it.

Can be easily attachable(but still requires surgery)

Cannot be EMP'd off.

Cons:

Can be easily damageable.

Easily to corode if in contact with a chemical that eats the material.

Limits functionality.

Bad at doing precision type works (Surgery for example)

osseomodified_1.jpg

This is the Tier one type of Prosthetics. Simple, low cost, and efficient for every day life.

The Tier two.. is well.. where the real Cherry on top comes in!

We're talking about THESE kinds!

MGSV-The-Phantom-Pain-Collectors-Edition-Bionic-Arm-Half-Scale.jpg

prosthetic.jpg

9bb86fde74d316d938ea69f8db326356.jpg

You can already guess what will the Cons and Pros be.. but let me atleast tell em now.

Pros:

High end precision for even more complex actions

More Resistant to any given damage but not invulnerable.

Increased human basic need functionality, or daily basics.

Resistant to corrosion chemicals.

Cons:

Expensive and hard to build (i'll get to it why)

Hard to attach and requires Bionic engineering knowledge for Roboticists/Surgeons (if they are to even attach them)

Has a CHANCE to blow off from the persons hand if in range of an EMP attack, if the limbs did not explode from the person, then the Prosthetics will malfunction and cannot be used untill had emergency repairs from Robotics.

(!Debateable!) At the moment only humans can use these due to functionality.. (more fingers and.. other "biological" stuff that wouldnt fit on other races)

Thoughts people?

You know what? Yes. BUT. Here's the issues when I think about this.

1. Do the lore writers want to go this deep into trans-humanist tendencies?

I, for one. Would love to. I enjoy the idea of people augmenting their brain, body, to make it superior to the "Organic" counterpart.

2. Give me tier 3 which has EMP protection, so it doesn't. Uh. You know. BLOW UP.

Other than that, yes yes yes. Gimmi.

I love it

its a character trait for Xullie that he feels more normal with the prosthetics than without, because of how long he's had them. if cloned, he is basically unable to do work until his arm is replaced to its 'proper' prosthetic form. I like anything to further flesh out prosthetics.

Also as for RussianArmsDealer's anti-emp request, I had suggested something in the past, a backpack-slot capacitor to 'soak' emp. I don't have any lore or mechanics for it, but its something that could fit in with new prosthetics without making them emp immune

You know what? Yes. BUT. Here's the issues when I think about this.

1. Do the lore writers want to go this deep into trans-humanist tendencies?

I, for one. Would love to. I enjoy the idea of people augmenting their brain, body, to make it superior to the "Organic" counterpart.

2. Give me tier 3 which has EMP protection, so it doesn't. Uh. You know. BLOW UP.

Other than that, yes yes yes. Gimmi.

1. IIRC we SPECIFICALLY try to stay away from transhumanism because it's a fucking mess, implications wise.

2. Code wise, this MIGHT be a tad complicated, AND it would also be used to make abusive IPCs (as I'm almost certain that you can't make a prosthetic attachable to organics but not shell). ALSO there IS already a "prosthetic" available that's EMP-proof: it's called "getting the geneticist to make a pseudo-clone of you using a protohuman and your genes and using it's limbs as replacements"

But yeah. Long of the short, unlikely to happen. Who knows, though.

1.) Transhumanism is a topic that is far too confusing and overtly liberal in its own right. It's one that I don't have a multi-paragraph opinion on aside from, "No, not ever, let's not and say we didn't."

2.) The idea's not inspired, therefore bluh. I don't think we're ready for bioengineering yet.

The whole concept of option A is a shitty, low-grade, almost-entirely-mechanical/hydraulic/muscle-powered limb that cannot be used for fine work such as surgery.

It is EMP proof not because of it being military grade, but because it does not rely on cybernetics.

It is the natural evolution of modern prosthetics.

It is not a bionic arm.

:::^^^^^^^^^^^))))))))))))))

A literally tiny, easily emp proofed controller. Rather than an entire arm.

Also, our nervous systems run on electrical impulses. They're not affected by emp, however. Mechanics and synthtendons operating on a similar concept would similarly not be affected.

A literally tiny, easily emp proofed controller. Rather than an entire arm.

Also, our nervous systems run on electrical impulses. They're not affected by emp, however. Mechanics and synthtendons operating on a similar concept would similarly not be affected.

Electrochemical m8. Different ball game.

All this talk of upgrades/downgrades to prosthetics, but I haven't heard whether the coding team even broke the Russian Engineer out of those barracks. Remember to use the fulton under the crack in the roof for total completion.