(Not Really A) Staff Complaint: Garnascus

BYOND Key: LordRaven001

Staff BYOND Key: Garnascus

Reason for complaint: This is not a complaint it is a request for a second opinion on my warning, And if It was unjust to get it repealed, I do not know of a forum thread on were to Repeal a warning should be posted so I will post it here., I recently aquired a severe warning from Garnascus for "Claiming someone shot at them with a laser rifle without ever observing it. Used shaky circumstantial evidence to pin an antag for capture." This is more for my own record keeping but I have come here to ask Garn to post the logs of the admin conversation and see if this is a justified warning or not as well as to keep the logs in an additional file so I can review them to prevent the situation from occurring further. Thank you.

Evidence/logs/etc: N/A

Additional remarks: N/A

I was the one adminhelped about it while I captured Alberyk when she was confused and demanded reason in LOOC. I tried to explain it and provided logs to Garncanus. Never did I wanted anyone to be warned or banned for this. I just explained nearly after round in adminhelp.

I hope this clears some misunderstanding on everyone's portion of the problem.

EDIT: I was Security Officer

Edited by Guest

... Sooooooooo, you're filing a complaint without having any evidence to back up an initial claim? Sorry, but I'm just going to say that if your plan is to set up a case, then you should get your evidence beforehand or otherwise we're just wasting time here until then because we need to wait for you to get your evidence before anything can be accomplished. Nothing we can do about it now, but keep this in mind for the future.

As the AI that actually sent security after Alberyk's character in this round, on hindsight I should have double checked and been sure of the situation first but I was handling about 20 other things at once.. Basically the interim CMO reported Alberyk had a gun and was firing on him. I glanced over, Alberyk's character had a laser rifle on his back and the CMO was running away. Called in security, gave them a location, opened doors, all this while Alberyk's character ran and hid in a closet that doesn't have a camera, then I went back to making sure the other issues were being handled.

Hopefully that gives some better idea of what happened.

... Sooooooooo, you're filing a complaint without having any evidence to back up an initial claim? Sorry, but I'm just going to say that if your plan is to set up a case, then you should get your evidence beforehand or otherwise we're just wasting time here until then because we need to wait for you to get your evidence before anything can be accomplished. Nothing we can do about it now, but keep this in mind for the future.

I am not reporting Garn, I didn't know were to post to get a warning a second look at in attempts to have it repealed. so I chose here.

So, the CMO is carrying around Runtime. They see someone who isn't a member of security carrying around a laser rifle, with no one else around carrying a laser rifle. Then a moment later, a very much lethal laser shot flies by them, and kill the cat they were carrying? What about this situation makes it seem like a stretch that someone was trying to kill them? And being in code red really shouldn't give people permission to carry around laser rifles and weapon, corporate regs still apply during code red, just because people may overlook them to see the bigger crisis doesn't mean they still don't apply.

They see someone who isn't a member of security carrying around a laser rifle, with no one else around carrying a laser rifle.

They were a cultist. Antag status absolves them of any basic IC crew standards.

HOWEVER, why would a moderator and player lie in LOOC about their dealings with the interim CMO? When I saw the laser rifle stripped from them after getting bucklecuffed to a seat in escape, the laser rifle's capacity didn't seem to have any shots drained from it. It could've been one shot and they ran, but it's debatable. 1 shot doesn't kill a person, if they were aiming to kill them then they would've fired the gun a lot more.

The point is that I just fired once at Run time when the cmo left it before the cloning and ran down the hallway to his office, in none moment they saw runtime being fired upon or the nurse using the weapon, he just heard the laser's sound. In fact, he didn't knew that Runtime was killed because his body was throw into a disposal unit near the morgue.

The point is that I just fired once at Run time when the cmo left it before the cloning and ran down the hallway to his office, in none moment they saw runtime being fired upon or the nurse using the weapon, he just heard the laser's sound. In fact, he didn't knew that Runtime was killed because his body was throw into a disposal unit near the morgue.

Were you not the Nurse with Laser Gun I had immediately tazed on sight while having some distinguished cultist uniform and a laser gun on his back. The AI reports someone was dead, and I saw the body on the way. He was dead. I met the Nurse. It was do or die. You were questioning me on this over LOOC.

• 1 month later...