• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame Tenenza. Gimme spessmens.

Also, what happened?

Tenenza called a vote about running a cool event using new capabilities they'd figured out. It was almost certainly going to kill us all,, we accepted that.

we totally didn't consent to the server going down though ;-;

This is untrue.

I called a vote asking if I could test using a debug command in an unconventional way to see if it could make several impossible event suggestions more possible.

Can confirm. Tenenza did not call for an event in any way. Just if people wouldn't mind him testing stuff.

Tenenza poisoned our water supply, burned our crops, and delivered a plague unto our houses!

Yeah!

I say we build a Wall between us and Tenenza.

And fill it with Attack Dogs.

Actually no wall, just attack dogs.

A wave of attack dogs.

No, forget that, just a wave.

We'll build an ocean between us and Tenenza, and fill it with waves.

And we will make the waves out of Attack Dogs.

And Keep the Ocean out with a Wall.

Fuck Yeah.

Jboy, this is effectively what the panel looks like when you're keeping an instance of a BYOND 'world' or server, open:

1e6289d644.png

Just from this panel, I can put the server up on the hub or even take it off entirely. Having one person manage this is one thing, sure your server might not always go up during a certain part of the day but it's way better than the issue of having to trust someone to not completely fuck everything, take the server down whenever they want, apply bans to people who don't actually deserve it and all other sorts of things.

Worse yet, usually when you have 2 or more people handling the server, they effectively have control of critical txts such as whitelists and permissions. They can mess with it however they want.

Skull and Scopes were able to trust each other because they were good friends and also did not want to take the server down to ruin everybody's time. With the drama that passed lately, Scopes actually did threaten to take the server down.

Nobody wants that to happen again. I think Skull's going to have issues finding someone to trust enough to manage the server on his off-time.

Stop whining and just play something else for now. Your hobbies should not entirely encompass one thing.