Ask a mod/admin!

Frances

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why doesn't Engineering have a mascot?

They do, Polly the Parrot, but Polly was removed for various reasons.

A parrot? For fucks sake, have you SEEN how bad it gets when engineering gangs up on people? Their mascot should obviously be a wolf cub.

...Hey, can Engineering get a wolf cub as their mascot?

Bring Polly back, he was an antags best friend. Also a great singulo alarm

I remember Polly taking an emag from a traitor and then pecking them to death.

Okay, BETTER question: Why the Fuck was Polly removed? This bird sounds badass!

Imagine a bird capable of stealing stuff out of your hand, and flying off with it to drop it ina trash bin or something. Now imagine that controlled by any player that died in the round.

I remember Polly taking an emag from a traitor and then pecking them to death.

Okay, BETTER question: Why the Fuck was Polly removed? This bird sounds badass!

Imagine a bird capable of stealing stuff out of your hand, and flying off with it to drop it ina trash bin or something. Now imagine that controlled by any player that died in the round.

B-b-BUT THAT'S AN AMAZING IDEA!

Was is the main reason for banning ERP? Like, a major event where it got out of hand or some other really (in)famous example.

Ohh, I can totes answer that one since I actually worked on clarifying the rules. (Can I still answer? If not, slap me.)

ERP was never really allowed, we simply used to have ambiguous rules on it. Thing is there's two kinds of ERP, hardcore 18+ textfucking, and "erotic" situations (that might go as far as sitting on someone's lap while making out with them, but nothing above what you'd see in a PG13 movie). Textfucking did happen, although rarely, and when it did it usually got broken up through adminabuse rather than contacting the players, because honestly, it's damn awkward to PM two people to tell them they're not supposed to get their rocks off on server. Plus dropping a dead clown on people trying to fuck is hilarious.

Eventually a few people began complaining because they were either engaging in clearly 18+ activities (lying naked on top of each other on tables, etc) or fondling each other in maintenance tunnels when they should have clearly been doing their jobs (heads during red alert, come on). We broke them up with a variety of entertaining things, including honk mechs, exploding clowns, spider infestations, carps, and killer trees. They started getting upset, and at that point we noticed that the rule on ERP wasn't really clear at all.

Whoops.

Basically, the server's previous rule allowed ERP under the "suggestive but not actual sex" category. People had to extrapolate from that (which they should've been able to), but it didn't clearly say "don't bang".

So we added that.

End of story.

Was there any griefer that was extremely creative?

I'm not sure if this should be answered because I don't like the ideas of repeat griffers.

It is a open secret that the higher-ups in the staff are just really good griefers. That's their ultimate, crowning grief, becoming Admins and running the server. It's the old agatean snatchy steal.

I'm not sure if this should be answered because I don't like the ideas of repeat griffers.

We're not East Germany either, though. I doubt the staff will have to face a horde of imitators because people are sharing a few amusing grief stories.

On that note, the banlist for Aurora is absolutely hilarious at times, and I really regret not saving a copy before leaving. Two griefers that always stuck with me are players who joined with the names "HardDong HugeStick" and "Longus McSchlongus".

I also had someone blame me for their divorce after having told them a naughty word in the process of banning them, through a complete, convoluted 3000+ words narrative which somehow involved the Vietnam war.

I personally love when people get creative like that. I mean, they get banned anyway, but they always brightened my day a little.

• 2 weeks later...