[Accepted] SonicGotNuke's Research Director Application.

BYOND key: SonicGotNuked

Character names: Scr'la Fella, Kalla-Ka'risco Cama.

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: I started at the beginning of summer break.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: I wish to be placed on the whitelist to try at some leadership skills and be a person who teaches new players the mechanics of the department, and the regulations.

Why did you come to Aurora?: I came to aurora because I was fairly new to ss13. Often times I would be annoyed when I am minding my own business and all of a sudden I am floored and dragged off to maintenance. I took a look at the server because I wanted to try in some heavy RP, I looked at the rules and thought the server can be my type of thing, so I stuck with it.

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?: of course.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about: Roleplay is about expressing creativity inside certain made universe, setting up a story to tell to people that you help made with them. Often times playing a character around their certain points of personality that you made or was made. Often acting them around their certain influence and ways in life.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: OOCly a head of staff is a figure and a representation to new bloods (should be) on how to roleplay and play on our server. They also are there to handle complicated RP scenarios that new players may break down and act out in a way that is completely bad for the situation (like arresting all of science when the xenobiologist murders the RD) Also OOCly a head of staff is expected to not be a massive asshole who forces all of their staff to shut down all their bar RP and shoves the phrase “Do more work” when they have nothing better to do but listen to the janitors depressing story of his life and constantly make people “Find more work” even if you have nothing to do.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: Whitelisted players responsibility vary a little. The main job that they should try and uphold is to try and add to the RP environment and to the fun of the round when the ninja ends up blowing themselves up 20 minutes in. They also need to constantly know the regulations of their department that they are playing and need to know how to do shit mechanics wise so that they do not cause a meltdown every round because the CE does not know how to setup basic super matter. (Mistakes are expected though, medical will meme you for any mistake you do at any time) They are also expected to not valid hunt and shut down the antag for a shitty reason. They are expected to let things slide a little and not just, “DEAY ARE FITTEN THE OTHER NINJA ON MY BRIDGE, PEW PEW DED.”

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name: Kalla-Ka'risco Cama

Character age: 47

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs):

NAME: Kalla-Ka'risco Cama Dr

DATE OF BIRTH: Aug 13, 2412

SPECIES: Tajaran

SEX: Female

CITIZENSHIP: Peoples Republic of Adhomai (work visa on Biesel)

CLEARANCE LEVEL: Robotics, Science.

EMPLOYED AS: Scientist level 2

HEIGHT: 185 cm (6'1")

WEIGHT: 96.62 kg (213 lb)

FUR: Brown

HAIR: Darker shade of brown

EYES: black

EMPLOYMENT

EXPERIENCE:

• Science - 10 years

PRE-NANOTRASEN EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:

• 2432 - Employed as part time lab assistant at Ka'la research academy.

FORMAL EDUCATION HISTORY:

• 2432 - Enrolled in Ka'la research academy. Majors in: Complex devices, Information Technology. PHD in science.
  • 2456 - attended a NT class in command and leadership skills.

NANOTRASEN EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:

• 2448 - Contract signed. Scientist, assigned to the NSS Antlia.
  • 2457 - Moved to the NSS Exodus as scientist.

TRAINED IN THE FOLLOWING:

• Command (Trained)
  • Construction (amateur, self taught)
  • Electrical engineering (amateur, self taught)
  • Complex devices (Major)
  • Information Technology (Major)
  • Science (PH.D)

• Eligible for interim research director

MEDICAL

IMPORTANT NOTES:

• DO NOT BORGIFY

PSYCHIATRIC HISTORY:

• 2448 - NT stranded mental evaluation (Stable)
  • 2458 - NT secondary mental evaluation (Stable)

It all started in the year 2412, Kalla was born inside a Njarir’Akhran castle. Her mother cousins ruled a few towns around the outside of the castle 6 years before human contact of adhomai. Due to her birth situation, her parents had the ability to put her in a basic education from a young age. When she was 6 in 2418, she was in awe with the humans when they first came. When she was 9, 3 years later in 2421 when the first adhomai war broke out, her family would not let her out of the castle and only used this to educate her harder. In 2425 when she was 13, the war ended up moving over to the few towns her family ruled, The uncle staying with his wife to help fight off while he sent the rest of the family away, scared due to being only 13, She clung to her parents side as she turned around and saw her uncle’s castle crumble and fall in flame, causing her mother and father to lose everything and skip towns when fighting gets close.

2431, when the war ended, her family settled into a new town, getting crappy jobs inside kitchens and only some money from their old lives. 2432, when the PRA was formed. The town that her parents skipped into found itself inside the borders if the new government and they quickly got citizenship. When she was 20 the same year, her life turned around when her father died, causing her mother to send her away to a school named, “Ka’la research academy.” Working hard in the scientific skills with her mothers wishes, she got a part time for a lab assistant to help keep her school fees paid. Spending 17 years, she got a PH.D in the scientific field and two majors inside complex devices and IT. During that time she lost contact with her mother and later learned they died of old age and stress. With nothing much to do after her education when she was 36 years old, she signed a contract for NT during one of their worker recruitment waves and got assigned to the NSS Antlia and a work visa on Biesel and proceeded to bury herself in work and during that time got training in command to try and climb the ranks of the NT command structure to stay well away from adhomai. She then later moved to the NSS Exodus.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: 7/10

Extra notes: I also play Anna-De'lis'cerr'ri Cal'ie but I feel like not to list them because I never really play them due to how massive of a meme and a lookdown they are toward the tajaran race they are. Also my story is kinda a summery in two paragraphs.

Edited by Guest

Hello Sonic, I'll leave some feedback since no one has.

My first impressions are that the app looks good, you've given clear answeres and good examples to RP situations. And it's freaking nice to see someone Actually do there records and stick'em into the application for once because it bothers me as a captain when I go into the records console to read records for crewmembers and I find heads of staff with blank records.

Now I'm bit a huge Tajaran background buff. but the story is somewhat different and gripping with a decent amount of drama, but not exceding the non-belivebale line.

It's akward for me that I don't re-call much RP with your character seeing that much of the gameplay I do is in research, but that could be good seeing that shitty RP stands out more than good RP.

at the end I wish you good luck in your applications and I'll support this only if you don't go release the slimes in xenobotany and make explosive tomatos to harrass the chef.

at the end I wish you good luck in your applications and I'll support this only if you don't go release the slimes in xenobotany and make explosive tomatos to harrass the chef.

Don't worry, I hate xenobio, I never learned xenobot, and rarely kill myself with xenoarch. (The worse was when I was not paying attention to a air alarm and lit a lighter to try and find a trigger, I got rekt due to phoron) :^)

• 2 weeks later...

I have quietly observed this character in science on a few occasions as RD Vyleon Black and less so as another head character. Interactions have been brief but more than satisfactory in terms of the player's dedication to the science department (which desperately needs more dedicated players in all subdepartments!).

I happily +1 this application for what it's worth and look forward to (hopefully) serving under or alongside a new RD from time to time.

I've been observing rounds as of late, haven't interacted with you If yet, but hope to soon.

Due to the amount of detail you've put into your application, as well as my observations while ghosting I'll support your app.

Just don't be afraid to lock your personnel in science if one of your xenobiologists lets the slimes out.

Cause as captain I won't hesitate to lock all the doors to science until it's handled.

Sonic is a spectacular player who's always willing to cooperate and get involved with events from my experience. He's a phenomenal Tajaran player and a great science player to boot. He'd probably kick ass as a Research Director. Good luck papi!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been waiting till i did get interact with Kalla before posting here. when i was their RD, they were alright. they did research, followed orders and reported back.

the other time, i was a security cadet, i was asking them if they had some items available before making a request, they outright denied they could make them, not like they refused to make them, just straight up lying and being uncooperative. later in discord they expressed how they hated security, which have done nothing to deserve a grudge. claiming they should get the form done before even asking anything is available.

such bias and lack of cooperation is something to expect from a normal crewmember, but not a head of staff. if you keep this mentality of department bias it will only make things worse once you're in charge of the whole department.

EDIT:

neutral after giving reasons for the above, not entirely justified but not as bad i thought.

Edited by Guest
I've been waiting till i did get interact with Kalla before posting here. when i was their RD, they were alright. they did research, followed orders and reported back.

the other time, i was a security cadet, i was asking them if they had some items available before making a request, they outright denied they could make them, not like they refused to make them, just straight up lying and being uncooperative. later in discord they expressed how they hated security, which have done nothing to deserve a grudge. claiming they should get the form done before even asking anything is available.

such bias and lack of cooperation is something to expect from a normal crewmember, but not a head of staff. if you keep this mentality of department bias it will only make things worse once you're in charge of the whole department.

i gotta say -1

I understand how a bias towards security or some other department can cause massive problems for the station as a whole. I really only acted that way in that round in general and I will explain both OOC and IC stand point.

IC: I am doing science and thinking about doing toxins. I find the mercs breaking into science so I run with a borg on to remove all the phoron in the department while I am yelling at command and ECOM to do a lock down. Command finally does a lock down after the mercs do their thing next to science and ECOM bolts every single door so we have no movement through science with command non responsive to my requests to replace the bolt lock down with the bio lock down. Finally an RD comes, the RD is telling me that they are being ignored. Berry comes and asking away for stuff and I do close to what he explained and was also talking to the RD at the same time while they expressed their frustrations in cat talk about security and helped me on my lieing conversation with Berry.

OOCly: I really honestly deep down don't have that big of a bias with security as you think. I always co-operate with them when it is reasonable and usually respectfully tell them to go grab someone in power if they want shit because I try to follow directive four. Discord wise, I honestly was doing it jokingly with expressing hate for security that was not really holding any truth behind my words of "Fuck security" OOCly I know full well how fucking hard it can be sometimes to play security. This was the only time I interacted with Berry and came off as a passive aggressive cat with a stick up its ass. I am not throwing out, "Oh I diddu nuffin." I agree with what Berry said and I will work on getting better ICly when it comes with interacting with security. Also I will still probably put hate against security in Discord because you know, grey tide station wide. :^]