Dufflebags!

I like this, I like these a lot. Duffles are a lot better than backpacks (why do we wear backpacks to work anyway?) and believe it or not, I actually prefer duffles over regular bags. I don't even own a backpack, but do I own a duffle? Hell yeah. I don't know if other people agree, but from my view, duffles are better to carry around than packs.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Yesssss. I think backpacks are so dumb sometimes except for like, sec or engineering or ERT. Civilians with satchels or dufflebags would be sexy.

I like the look, but here is my suggestions:

-allow them to carry 'big' items that you can't otherwise put in bags. (bats, laser rifle, ect..)

-allow them to be placed on the back, BUT with that comes movement slowdown, somewhere between hardsuit malus and nothing, its big and bulky and keeps hitting your legs every time you try to walk

-no slowdown when in hand (just like hardsuits)

-don't have them as a default loadout choice, only have them available in lockers for grabbing

-depending on balance, have it fit one less object than normal backpacks/ satchels, reason being the area isn't all that bigger to load objects, but the different dimensions of the bag is more accommodating to fewer larger objects than a lot of smaller ones

Dea already said that the dufflebags are for a different style of backpack. Not to give any bonuses whatsoever because that defeats the purpose of having it to start with. I assure you that if we go with those changes, then everybody will dogpile them at the start of every round and that becomes a problem.

TLDR: just for looks.

Dea already said that the dufflebags are for a different style of backpack. Not to give any bonuses whatsoever because that defeats the purpose of having it to start with. I assure you that if we go with those changes, then everybody will dogpile them at the start of every round and that becomes a problem.

TLDR: just for looks.

That.Honestly the icons aren't any wider, nor longer than the Backpack or Satchel sprites. They're not full-sized dufflebags... Just add them in as an option.

Making another mechanically beneficial feature in which it is clearly better than items of the same likeness, will make satchels and backpacks very clearly inferior, outmoded, and most likely won't ever be used ever again.

Basically, let's not make a completely optional version of a set of items and give it an obvious advantage that makes everything else look crap becuz game mechanics. It'd be classified as powergaming, technically.