Nerf changling transformation sting

Litterly this is the worst sting that a changling can use, especially paired with absorb DNA. There has been lings who ran around the station with transformation sting changing people into themselves, some random dude that they used absorbe DNA on, or worst cases, a monkey. This sting does not help to progress the round, no one likes it and there is zero counter.

Please bind the sting to its original intention mechanics wise, and that is to change the bodies you absorbed. Make it restricted to the dead.

I agree something should be done about this Changeling sting, but the uncounterability is a problem with all of their Stings at the moment. There is no counter to them, you just get invisi-Stinged and paralysed, forever altered, etc. It doesn't matter if you're in full hazmat gear or naked.

What I came up with is something like implementing the Hyposprays 'Their clothing is too thick!' message, except for Stings. It would make Changelings have to be more careful against properly armored/clothed Crew, and make Biosuits and the like actually useful against them. My only fear with this change is that it would make Changelings much weaker than they were before...

Honestly ^^^ seems waaay too much for just this one problem, if this is the only Sting that is causing issues, I like Sonics solution more.

Guest Complete Garbage

I'd rather implement a change something along the lines of:

-The transformation sting takes 5 seconds

-The changeling must be within one tile of the victim

-The victim and changeling must not move for those five seconds

-The victim is not armored in such a way that would prevent normal injections

-If the victim is dead or unconscious, the transformation happens instantly.

This solves the issue of instant and uncounterable transformation stings, while still allowing them to transform crew who are careless enough to stand in proximity.

Edited by Complete Garbage

*I like all of the ideas suggested. A modification to the way that sting works is much needed. Even as a changling there's nothing more annoying than another changling getting sting happy and putting the crew on hyper-changling alert. That sting really isn't fun for anyone, and it'd be nice to see some sort of counter to it, or making the sting effect temporary on a living creature. Additionally, I also think the idea of making the sting function similarly to a hypospray in terms of the target's armor would be a nice change.

• 7 months later...