Jump to content

RyverStyx

Soft Banned
  • Posts

    172
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RyverStyx

  1. I accidentally used the wrong PR. I don't think that's something to rake me over the coals for. Anyone can tell that is an honest mistake. Again, this is what I meant to link all along... -----------------In random order----------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------These bottom two are in order------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------Today after this forum debacle-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- As you can see Rooster is being horribly entitled and only thinking about their own project; yes I agreed to help out (and I did help them). When I had too much on my plate I offered an alternative to just straight dropping the project. At no point did Rooster consider the fact that I was a new appointee to lore dev responsible for an entire species and that I had already made sprites before I asked for money in return. They act like I held these sprites hostage for money when up to this point I handed over everything I already completed.
  2. I couldn't find the original PR because it was purposefully hidden (since it wasn't supposed to be revealed until the arc dropped). I did not intend to take Desven's credit so for that I do apologize. However, you fail to mention all the sprites I did do (for free) that I will show below. I also dropped out of spriting additional bully clothes because the project was incredibly mismanaged and you and Desven would argue on what needed done while also having me go back and change multiple "finished" sprites. You could not agree what needed done for multiple days and had no general plan in place besides "make sprites". I found that incredibly annoying and so did the other spriter you were working with (which is why Desven ended up finishing the sprites). Also things change - I was appointed Skrell dev so I couldn't sprite an entire clothing line for a new race; I told you that multiple times. I didn't realize I would get the position when I started making you sprites (a couple weeks before I was accepted). I suddenly had a whole SPECIES I was responsible for. So yes, after that I did request money for any additional sprites at the measly price of $2 per sprite because I had a lot on my plate. Edit: Something else to note is at the point of the screenshot you linked the other spriter already completed every single uniform that was needed but you decided not to go with their iteration. By this point both of us were fed up with the project and decided to step away from it. Also this is the proper PR https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/12503
  3. Ckey/BYOND Username: RyverStyx Discord Name: Mack#2829 Position Being Applied For: Spriter Past Experiences/Knowledge: Spriting for bullies, IPC, and mainly Skrell. Examples of Past Work: https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/12491 https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/11926 https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/12565 (I think this is bully clothes) https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/12511 Additional Comments: (I also did some sprites for TG but I can't find them; they were chef uniforms) https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/12628 (Not merged yet)
  4. Your ban has been lifted and a 2 day antag ban has been applied.
  5. Hello- Being that your job is unstable and you may be called away at any given time; why do you have antag preferences turned on? I understand that work comes first but when you choose to play as an antag you should play out the full round (otherwise it will ruin the round for others). I am open to changing this to only an antag ban (equal to the duration of the current ban) as long as you agree to play out rounds fully as antag in the future. If you feel like you won’t be able to play out a round fully then do not ready up as an antag. Instead play as a regular job slot and then cryo if necessary.
  6. Aliose and You Translated to Tau Ceti Basic Another win for the Stellar Corporate Conglomerate! Zeng-Hu will take on a majority contract within Aliose. Partnering closely with the Aliose University of Medical Sciences, Zeng-Hu hopes to strengthen medical research and further employment for those of Aliose. In fact, Zeng-Hu has already won the hearts of the medical students and staff; donating 100,000 credits for the opening of the Zeng-Hu Pharmaceutical Wing within the Aliose University of Medical Sciences. This wing will now hold classes for the university’s chemical engineers and pharmacy techs. Aliose’s SEZ will be built close to Oqraxo ensuring the partnership of the Aliose University of Medical Sciences and Zeng-Hu Pharmaceuticals can be unimpeded. Those within the University may also join Zeng-Hu on an internship; guaranteeing employment once graduated. This will significantly boost the amount of graduates employed within the Nralakk Federation as they will have plenty of career opportunities with Zeng-Hu. The Warble Inquirer reached out to Einstein Engines for comment; however, much like before, Einstein Engines seems to be unphased. Throughout the talks EE has been seen as the underdog. With Qerr’Malic, and now Aliose, settled this leaves one burning question; What about Qerrbalak?
  7. Something that the Skrell dev team plans to add to credit score: Higher education for primary credit score holders will likely be clarified to being free. I know that this may cause an issue with Juun's arc and how they are in debt because of their schooling. Would you be able to work around this possible change in the future?
  8. Hello and thank you for applying! Some questions for you: 1. What is Juun’s social credit score? What about their parent’s? 2. Robotic prosthetics are not common inside the federation (they use cloned limbs and organs). Knowing this, would Juun instead focus their biomechanical engineering on cloning devices for cloned prosthetics at first? 3. Where is Juun staying at in Tau Ceti? I see you said they reside on the Aurora but did you possibly mean the Odin? 🐸
  9. Hello, sorry it has taken me so long to address this application. Unfortunately I will have to deny it but you are always free to contribute via lore applications. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns as to why.
  10. Qerr’Malic: Redefined Translated to Tau Ceti Basic It seems that the Stellar Corporate Conglomerate has managed to score a win over Einstein Engines; Idris Incorporated, the entertainment giant, will take on the main contract when it comes to Qerr’Malic. Idris has announced that they already plan to build the biggest casino yet within the Federation! The Croaking Gambit will be an ever-expansive casino experience within Qerr’Malic’s SEZ. NanoTrasen also holds a minority contract on Qerr’Malic although their part will play towards research to a lesser extent; focusing solely on the human-only extranet systems for the immigrants of the Federation. Grand Councillor Weashbi Jrugl has authorized building of Qerr’Malic’s special economic zone immediately while the contracts are finalized. To some this is a no-brainer. Idris seemed like an obvious choice due to Qerr’Malic’s bustling entertainment industry. However, Einstein Engines released a statement explaining that they only lost out by a miniscule margin. EE has frequently been hinting at much larger plans through all this and they don’t seem to be worried yet! Expect to see some great new establishments on Qerr’Malic featuring the finest food, the best service, and the most luxurious taste that the Spur has to offer! Recruitment drives are being held on Qerr’Malic starting tomorrow by Idris Incorporated and NanoTrasen alike. The Croaking Gambit is estimated to be up and running within only three weeks as most of their staff is being brought in by Idris. However, they are looking to train and hire locally!
  11. Special Economic Zones Translated to Tau Ceti Basic Throughout the talks one question has remained consistent: Where will these potential corporations be based out of? Many citizens fear that the influx of businesses in otherwise residential areas can cause rent to increase. However, we now have the answers here! Grand Councillor Weashbi Jrugl released a statement detailing their new “Special Economic Zone” plan. Qerrbalak, Qerr'Malic, and Aliose will each be receiving designated business districts, named Special Economic Zones, where the chosen corporate entity will operate from. These economic zones will work in tandem with Nralakk owned enterprises ensuring that unnecessary conflict does not arise. Those working for the corporate entities, both immigrants and citizens, will live within the zones. Construction of the SEZ will start as soon as the talks are finished. This will ensure a smooth transition once an agreement is made. Economists have stated that the plan proposed by Grand Councillor Weashbi Jrugl is “simply fantastic” and that it will “reinvigorate our economy”. These SEZs will work closely with existing Nralakk owned enterprises by sharing research, resources, manpower, and exchanging business. It is predicted that the majority of SEZ workers will be from Nralakk with immigrants making up a small portion of the workforce. Of course all SEZ employees will have the option to live in corporate housing within the SEZ as well! Stay tuned for future updates.
  12. I played a round as a Captain recently where Holn was one of the only members in science at the time. Holn, to me, was very professional. I believe that any character this player decides to use in command would be effective and engaging. +1
  13. Exclusive Corporate Statements Translated to Tau Ceti Basic After Grand Councillor Weashbi Jrugl’s statements regarding the ongoing talks with NanoTrasen and Einstein Engines- the public opinion seems to be in favor of NanoTrasen, and by extension, the Stellar Corporate Conglomerate. However, one would be a fool to not recognize the strengths of Einstein Engines as well. Our reporters have reached out for comment: NanoTrasen has released this statement to the public, “Citizens of the Nralakk Federation, when I envision our partnership not only do I see great success for our company… I see great success for the Nralakk Federation! Our partnership will serve as a great boon for all involved and not only do we offer our own resources; we offer the resources of the entire Stellar Corporate Conglomerate.” Einstein Engines declined to comment, stating that “[We] do not need to make superfluous speeches. Our superior product and research will speak for itself.” However, many are speculating that Einstein Engines isn’t worried about the lesser contracts within the Nralakk Federation as they seem to have their hopes set higher. Instead of sending representatives, like the SCC, Einstein Engines has opted to negotiate with the majority of their board of directors present in Kal’lo. Grand Councillor Weashbi Jrugl Could not be reached for comment at this time.
  14. Hello! Just a couple more questions for you 🐸 1. How would Xori feel about Skrell who bad talk Jargon? Would they be able to work with them if needed? 2. Being a supporter of Jargon, Xori may face backlash in Tau Ceti. How have they handled any potential backlash? 3. Where will Xori be living? Thank you!
  15. Hey! I have a few questions if you don’t mind! 1. Living and growing up in Oibuish, how has the history of the Weilshi Sea Crisis affected Xori? 2. Has Xori always been a Jargon citizen or did they renounce their citizenship? 3. What is Xori’s opinion on the Jargon Federation?
  16. Megacorporations on Qerrbalak: Are the Rumors True? Translated to Tau Ceti Basic Grand Councillor Weashbi Jrugl has given word that the Nralakk Federation has engaged in talks with both NanoTrasen and Einstein Engines in regards to establishing corporate presence on Qerrbalak. Negotiations started early this morning with high ranking corporate officials from both organizations being seen in Kal'lo. The Grand Councillor, Weashbi Jrugl, is said to make a direct statement regarding the situation within the week. However, they were able to give word on the current situation. "To further the prosperity of the Nralakk Federation we are opening our doors to a more corporate presence in Kal'lo. Talks are ongoing but do not fear- all options are being thoroughly vetted to ensure proper integration into our society and culture. This will also open up new job opportunities for those in need of work as we expect research to increase tenfold. Not only will this benefit our future partner [pause] It will benefit all of Nralakk." - Grand Councillor Weashbi Jrugl Talks are still ongoing and the Warble Enquirer will be the first to notify you of any potential changes in the situation.
  17. Roaper is a great roleplayer and their characters bring a lot of variety to the rounds! I think they would do great with a command whitelist +1
  18. Hello and thank you for your application! I have a couple hypothetical questions for you: 1. Would you be able to stay engaged in writing lore that you may not personally find appealing? For instance, if a project you do not find appealing was delegated to you how would you handle it's addition? 2. If you could have complete creative control over one facet of Skrell lore which area would you pick? 3. What type of Psionic additions for the subspecies did you have in mind? (This does not need to be particularly in-depth) Thank you!
  19. A big +1 from me! GreyWolf has helped me out a lot with code and their PRs are amazing
  20. Due to the great understanding of Skrell lore and good answers I have [ACCEPTED] this application! Welcome 🐸
  21. Hello and thank you for applying! I think Cael asked most of the questions I was planning on asking; however, I would just like to expand on question 4. How would Hiyin feel about possibly working in close quarters with a refugee Skrell? Especially one that may be openly critical of Jargon and it’s citizens?
×
×
  • Create New...