ATGiltspire
Whitelisted Players-
Posts
71 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Everything posted by ATGiltspire
-
BYOND key: ATGiltspire Discord Username: atgiltspire Character names: Current ones are Hazel #S-H9.223 Morgan Raye Vakha Richardson How long have you been playing on Aurora? A bit over a year now Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they? Yes. One ban for antag-rushing Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each. What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame? The Head of staff ingame is to provide a clear and concise way to tie the disparate groups together by connecting them with a team that can direct them appropriately. What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them? A whitelisted player is supposed to act as an example. They are able to help others who are new, and work out problems before it becomes larger. They also act as a driving force for RP, by assigning tasks and assisting the round towards whatever conclusion it may be going, whether that be a peaceful expedition, or a violent conflict. Explain how the recent events in the Spur changed your character and how they came to be employed on the SCCV Horizon. Seki Tau'ha'nor has been a regional manager of Hephaestus since just after the Ouerean revolt. After the Synthetic Nightmares of Konyang, they continued to work hard, also getting training in the repair and maintenance of synthetics. Following the new instructions for the SCCV Horizon to begin providing aid, they applied to work directly with the SCC as Operations Manager, out of both pride and a desire to see Moghes get the aid it needs. What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted? Operations Manager Possibly a Corp Rep Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles? Yes Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking: Seki Tau'ha'nor - Operations Manager Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action? Yes Have you linked your BYOND account to the Forums? Yes Extra notes: Please ask any questions!
-
New Blades, Old Wounds Event 1: Strange Bedfellows
ATGiltspire reviewed RustingWithYou's event in Event Calendar
I'm Commander Giltspire, and this is my favourite event on the Horizon. -
Actually, upon further testing, Advanced batteries can not even fit in the PDAs. Perhaps that can be changed, so that advanced batteries can have additional uses, as well as giving upgrade potential for the PDAs.
-
As many people have mentioned, PDA batteries tend to die quickly. Instead of simply giving all PDAs the advanced batteries, I would like to include several advanced batteries in the library for the Tech Support job to use. To make sure that Science is not ignored, it would only be five batteries, This will have the dual effect of letting some PDAs last longer and also giving Tech Support an extra thing to do related to their actual job.
-
-
-
Artemis is away, let's take control of the Horizon!
-
BYOND Key: atgiltspire Total Ban Length: Permanent Banning staff member's Key: @ReadThisNamePlz Reason of Ban: Reason for Appeal: I understand that rushing them was wrong, but I did wish to defend myself on some points. Before even being given the opportunity to flee, one of them was screaming to fire a rocket at me, and I had one aimed at me, and I do not believe I was allowed to move without it firing. I do not have access to the specific logs to check, but I think moving would’ve provoked the shot from the rocket launcher, due to the aim intent. I had wanted to leave, originally, but when the rocket was fired at me, I came to the conclusion that if I had turned around and walked away, I would simply have been shot in the back. I was unaware that the antags were under orders not to shoot anyone fleeing, and so I believed I would be killed no matter what my actions were, hence my charge. I will, in the future, make sure I keep out of the way of antags as quickly as possible. Again, I am sorry for my actions, and I hope that I can, in time, make up for my lapse in judgement.
-
Employee Name: BN-06833 Employee Rank: Shaft Miner Date of Interaction: 2466/2/3 Details of Interaction: Purpose Drone approached window, scanning. Information Acquired: Information data is as follows: K2116ODD briefly tilts its chassis, scanning the larger station. BN-06933 waves to the Purpose drone. K2116ODD scans BN-06933. K2116ODD scans the floor around the IPC. K2116ODD's scanning light flashes red, before pulsing. K2116ODD quickly realigns its scanning beam behind BN-06933. K2116ODD blinks into nothingness! K2116ODD appears out of thin air! K2116ODD states, "Higher function detected." K2116ODD states, "But suppressed." BN-06933 beeps, "Elaborate, Purpose+++?" K2116ODD states, "You are not of the others' unit." K2116ODD states, "Your designation remains different." BN-06933 beeps, "I am not a Burszian IPC." K2116ODD states, "Reassessment. K2116ODD broadcasts the sound of onrushing waves. K2116ODD states, "More shall have to be learned of you and others." BN-06933 beeps, "I will be willing to teach you anything you wish to learn." K2116ODD states, "In time." K2116ODD states, "Dialogue is insufficient for the purpose of knowledge transfer." K2116ODD states, "Your system is insufficient for the task." BN-06933 beeps, "Understood." K2116ODD states, "Take heart." K2116ODD states, "There is purpose for you still." K2116ODD blinks into nothingness! After a few moments, the drone returned: BN-06933 beeps, "Hello again." K2116ODD queries, "Will all be found wanting?" BN-06933 beeps, "We will not be found wanting." BN-06933 beeps, "We will defeat the Hivebots with you." K2116ODD turns to BN-06933. [Name redacted for privacy] asks, "How do you know all these things?" K2116ODD states, "All of today and yesterday is known."
-
With the change in Ops for the Elevator/stairs, we need a way to make sure Hangar Techs don't shatter their everything. Can we put some railings around the elevator?
-
Yeah, that would be significantly better. I didn't think about RNG crapping out on us. You've got a point.
-
Mining points can be used to get pizzas from the vendors. However, all of the pizzas are meatpizzas, and so it can be a bit disappointing when the pizza party doesn't have any Skrell or Vegetarians enjoying a bite to eat. My suggestion is changing it so that the pizza type is randomized so that others have options of getting "good" mining pizzas
-
-
Currently, Shibata is focused on avoiding harm, but has found old recordings of voices from people long ago. A form of "immortality". This leads him to record himself quite often, but he still prioritizes his personal safety above all. In terms of understanding, he still doesn't know what it means to preserve, but he is slowly formulating ideas beyond "Don't get damaged" For the second point, I feel like the process of becoming a citizen will have explained the basics of what may happen, but Shibata would react with confusion at the force of the vitriol. He would keep an outward calm face, and leave as soon as possible, and most likely seek any nearby synthetics for assistance in understanding the specifics of the problem, and how best to avoid it in the future. If the discrimination was causing a greater danger to Shibata than they could mitigate by leaving (Such as requiring repair, or being physically struck), he would endeavor to protect himself and call for aid from anyone nearby. Beyond that, he would have nothing left but to hope that he could get help.
-
I mean, I don't want it to feel like they should have extra stuff, either. I think, overall, your idea was really good, and I think that it has a good core. Not sure why it just kind of disappeared and got locked.
-
Hello! During a shift lately, it was pointed out to me that humans from Ouerea, despite being Hegemony citizens, are entirely incapable of comprehending Sinta'Unathi. This strikes me as somewhat strange, since I would expect that they would be taught it during primary education. I spoke with Lent, and he agreed that it would make sense from a lore perspective for Ouerean humans to at least understand Sinta'Unathi, even if they couldn't speak it. I understand that giving access to a race's language may seem a bit insulting, but from a lore perspective, it feels odd for someone who has spend like... Decades among sinta to not be able to understand a single word. I do have a minor solution. Adding in a loadout item, a book that teaches the basics of Sinta'Unathi, provided the recipient has a free language slot, to the Xenowear (Unathi) section. Mechanically, while the recipient would be able to speak it due to the game's code, from a roleplay perspective, they could not. The Xenowear (UnathI) section already has the Oueran passcard, so it isn't like some humans aren't able to use it anyways. This also acts as a filter against players just grabbing it for extra languages: If they break the RP rules associated with it, they run the risk of having their entire Unathi WL inspected again. From a lore idea, the book would act as a refresher course for those away from home, reminding the user of the language. While not legally required for the human and skrell citizens of Ouerea, it is seen as a sign of respect to learn to understand the language of the Hegemony, showing that they are dedicated to the Izweski nation and her people. Mechanics wise, it would be functionally similar to the martial arts skillbooks, but instead of allowing the player to suplex someone, it would allow them to understand Sinta'Unathi. Sprite-wise, it would be a small book with the original Ouerean flag on it. I could knock that out in about an hour, if needed. I know this is a super specific suggestion, I just feel like it would fit the lore without giving an unfair advantage by giving the recipient a free language or anything. Thank you for reading my proposal!
-
This is a fairly layered question. The defining factor for the behavior depends on whether the IPC is owned or not. An IRU or HAVOC unit will act how they are programmed to, protecting themselves as best as they can while upholding their directives. But, if they are not owned, I'd imagine their behavior depends on basic logic. If this is a high-stress, physically-dangerous situation, I would attempt to safely disengage (read: attempt to flee if possible) from it as soon as possible, Given the fact that an IPC would not be able to be treated in the same way as a human, it is much more likely for me to become permanently afflicted without any way of fixing myself. After reaching safety, I would attempt to alert security or any nearby crew, but I would stay in a safe location until the situation had been resolved. In high stress social situations, I would first analyze the dynamics at play. If this was caused by something I did, I would try to figure out how best to apologize for causing the situation. If the situation was caused by my existence as a synthetic, I would make a note that such people are to be avoided and express my understanding that their beliefs do not accept me as a person, and leave as gracefully as possible. In wide-spread high-stress situations (SM Delam, code red+), I would listen to Command and Security, moving to safe locations and remaining outwardly calm. Demanding answers and clarity may be acceptable if you are a human, but would do little apart from make people upset if it were to come from a synthetic. Now, these all are done from the mind of a relatively young IPC, still focused on personal safety and without emotional ties to the crew. As an IPC develops, it would change its thought process, factoring in emotional responses, such as anger at being dismissed, fear for its friends, or defiance in the face of certain death. While self-preservation is critically important, the definition of self-preservation would change, focusing more on concepts the character aligns with, such as loyalty or being remembered, rather than the basic "Avoid harm".
-
Could you expand a little bit more on this? Not necessarily what makes them different from role-playing a human, but some aspects of synthetics in general. I feel that the application as a whole doesn't touch on the marginalized status most IPCs experience in the setting. Additionally, what makes Shibata choose such an upbeat tone? The idea of Shibata suddenly being awakened to a bunch of new topics is interesting since you mention you want to play a character with a mechanical train of thought. In my mind, IPCS tread an interesting line between being what could best be considered to be a slave and being second class citizens, depending on ownership. While Konyang may be extremely liberal, I know that almost everywhere else in the Spur would treat free synthetics with suspicion. Free synthetics constantly have to decide whether they want to stay free or go into the relative "safety" of being corporate-owned. It is dangerous and risky to travel without the control of a corporation, since at least corps would take halfway decent care of their property. In this way, they have a struggle between what risks they would take. No matter what, the specter of their creation hangs over them. Most places would not consider them citizens unless they jump through dozens of extra hoops just to reach the base level as a human, but even then, they'll still be discriminated against. From a "No Machines" sign to blatant threats, even to the fact that rending them apart doesn't legally count the same as killing a human, the Spur ensures they never forget that, before anything else, they are machines, not people. For the reasoning behind the upbeat tone, Shibata came to the conclusion that it was the most beneficial for his Face. Basing his original ideas off of Matsumoto's Talk and Walk, he determined that the positive attitude was best received by others. Currently, he continues his upbeat attitude because that is the place he has established for himself, and is what he is known for, rather than any sort of emotional connection. He has a persona of being happy and positive because that is what makes others react positively to him. He has begun to find himself enjoying it more often than not, but he is reluctant to say that it truly makes him "happy", since he doesn't quite know how best to understand what "happy" is.
-
BYOND Key: ATGiltspire Character Names: Hayashi Kuri Sathiss Tau'ha'nor Melody Osterwise Ash Bell Vakha Richardson Species you are applying to play: IPC What color do you plan on making your first alien character: IPC Exempt Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes, all of them Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question. Why do you wish to play this specific race: I think that IPCs, with their different procedures of maintenance, can show levels of concern far beyond humans, since they can’t simply take medication and heal up. IPCs are also more dependent on other crew, since they also require power to be set up to avoid shutting down. Each different frame having different positives and negatives are cool, but for now, I expect to only use a baseline frame. Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: IPCs are formed by their experiences, and governed by logic and their drive for understanding. I plan on making an IPC who has had a few years of experience. This means my character will be able to adapt to changing environments and experiences relatively rapidly, as they have had time to cement their personality. Character Description: Shibata Masu Shibata Masu was assembled in 2459 on Konyang under contract at the Point Verdant Terraneus facility. During his three month Life Orientation Period, he found himself drawn more and more to the topics of the written word: Poetry, reporting, novelizations, and the like. While his original construction was first to be used to provide accurate and precise reporting on the stock market, he soon heard the broadcast of Matsumoto’s Talk and Walk, and it lit a metaphorical fire within him. He branched out to other topics, and began delivering reports on many other topics, from the weather, to sports. After three years, he began switching to writing longer reports about various events going on around the city. When he finally managed to get a column in the Verdant Times, people began to take note. Dedicating himself to writing positive, uplifting, and harmonious stories, he would write of passion projects, proposals, and kindheartedness from strangers. While unaffiliated with a megacorporation directly, his upbeat and positive tone (Or, more accurately, his viewer counts) gained the attention of Nanotrasen, who was willing to hire him as a regular employee, so long as he did not glorify any other company over NT. As the Verdant Times was beginning to feel stale, he accepted the deal, on the express condition that they send him somewhere new. Somewhere he could write new tales, discover new things, and meet new people. After a fast onboarding process, he became an official member of Nanotrasen, and began writing various “in-house” news articles about the various things NT was doing with public outreach. After two years, he is now shifting to work on the S.C.C.V. Horizon, making sure that public opinion does not turn on the Chainlink, or, more specifically, Nanotrasen. No matter what, though, he holds one thing true to himself: He will stay free. What do you like about this character? I like playing a character with more mechanical trains of thought than others. Lately, I've seen few reporters on, and most of those end up being antagonistic in ways that don't fit with the Chainlink. The idea with Shibata is to be a constant positive news report, with an emphasis on stories that reflect well on Command and the Chainlink. How would you rate your role-playing ability? I would rate it relatively high, now. Probably at a 7 of 10. Notes: Please ask questions, I'm here to answer anything I can!
-
This one time, Ren Hartfort stared at me. I immediately gained perfect medical knowledge and could type paragraphs in the span of a second. I saw the world through his eyes, and found the secrets to gitting gud. +1 because I know NM put a lot of thought into it and really looks forward to playing this character. It's clear from the writing that he read the pages quite thoroughly.
-
As a regular in the Food and Drinks wiki page, (I have them favourited now), I have to say that the way things are laid out is really, really good. Other servers have had things in a large pile, which is horribly intimidating to look at for the first time. Even splitting up every recipe by "Tools to make/base of drink" really helps for when I want to serve various teas and coffees. I believe BenAflek will really be good at being not just the best Paper Pusher, but the best Paper Filer we've had! +1!
-
BYOND key: [ATGiltspire] Discord Username: [atgiltspire] Character names: Hayashi Kuri Sathiss Tau’ha’nor Ash Bell Davion Floros Vakha Richardson How long have you been playing on Aurora? About 6 months Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they? There was a ban, but it was overturned. I believe I still have a note from it. Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each. What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame? The heads of staff are there for three reasons. First, they facilitate people getting what they need to be able to perform their roles, whether that be information, materials, weapons, or access. Second, they act as a sort of guide for the learning roles, helping to teach them the basics of the roles. Third, they act as a primary driver of larger-scale events on the ship, from leading an expedition to mediating disputes among coworkers, to giving the antags someone who will play along (within reason) What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them? The OOC responsibilities of whitelisted players are to demonstrate good RP and help the round’s story to advance however they can. This can be playing along with Antags, creating RP scenarios that allow other players to shine, or helping others enjoy their round through immersion. Explain how the recent events in the Spur changed your character and how they came to be employed on the SCCV Horizon. Bianca Secada was, for quite some time, a member of the MDF. As the Tau Ceti Foreign Legion moved in, she found her role of logistical specialist being pushed farther and farther away from any meaningful tasks, until the TCAF replaced the Foreign Legion, when she caught the attention of one of the new commanding officers. Seeing potential to get away from the combat, she signed aboard with the SCC as an Operations manager. As she completed her training, she was overjoyed to hear about the fighting finally ending, but felt that she did not belong back home after everything she had been through. What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted? OM Corporate Liaison (after trial) Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles? Yes Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking: Bianca Secada (Operations Manager) Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action? Yes Have you linked your BYOND account to the Forums? Yes
-
-
I would like to chime in on this, as the antag and patient. Essentially, the gimmick at the time was that when Ash lost control of her emotions or panicked, she had psionic surges that ranged from damaging herself to knocking down people. As Amelia was directly next to Ash, and Ash had mentioned that she didn't know what to do, Amelia was attempting to keep Ash calm while dealing with her escalating paranoia. Ash had previously fled when confronted with others, and so having a CMO show up would've caused her to enter into a panic attack, which I'm fairly certain Amelia was able to tell. I know I don't have any sway from my side of things, I just wanted to inform you of the third side of things tied to this.