ATGiltspire
Whitelisted Players-
Posts
71 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Everything posted by ATGiltspire
-
ATGiltspire has Computer Problems- IPC App
ATGiltspire replied to ATGiltspire's topic in Whitelist Applications Archives
As was mentioned in the App, Hephaestus sent BN well before the merger. BN was sent when Hephaestus first moved into to Ouerea, when HI was more concerned with getting all the materials they could, and ignoring the rights and beliefs of the people. At that time, it was humans in control, and they would definitely send a synthetic to do the difficult mining jobs that others were unable to do. They hadn't experienced the Ouerean Rebellion yet, so they didn't give a crap as to what the people wanted. -
ATGiltspire has Computer Problems- IPC App
ATGiltspire replied to ATGiltspire's topic in Whitelist Applications Archives
Hi! Thank you for asking 1. In my opinion, a synthetic needs to make a place for themselves. As a species, they are commonly treated like the lower class, or worse. Understanding that the systemic bias against them will always hold them, they must strive harder than others, showing that they can be just as good as a human. While they may not always be able to comprehend things from an organic mindset, they inherently understand that the Spur was built by and for organics, rather than synthetics. Out of the whole Spur, there are few places that treat IPCs like people. Biesel has made strides in tolerance, and Konyang is very accepting, but that is it. Instead of even being a minority, they are barely even people. The destruction of an IPC isn't even considered murder, with only a twenty minute sentence. It is an uphill battle for acceptance, rather than having a baseline of acceptance. 2. By the time Hephaestus moved into Ouerea, the Nralakk Federation had already left, as this was post-contact war. The Skrell that remained were mostly the ones that did not wish to leave, and were considerably more liberal than the Federation, but the Skrell still viewed BN with suspicion, fear, and anger. While the Skrell never directly harmed them, there were times when BN would find their charging ports blocked off due to crates, power cut at inopportune times, and dismissive responses to questions. As for their interaction with the Unathi, it was significantly more violent. While most reacted with disgust, there were some that called themselves Aut'akh that were strangely interested in BN, and they found much of their spare and replacement parts missing. Unfortunately, BN still managed to catch the ire of many Th’akh, and would commonly have stones thrown at them, leg traps set to pin them, and requests for maintenance refused. BN does not view Unathi in a positive light, having only suffered abuse and theft from them. 3. At that time, Hephaestus was uncaring of the people of Ouerea. They took on union busting activities, exploited the workers, and were just general shits to the people. As it was still an early development, Hephaestus believed that it would be easier to ship synthetics, which require less room for storage and food for upkeep, in case the world did not turn profitable. 4. Hephaestus has had a bit of a rough break, with the loss of a transport vessel in their mind, and risk analysis showing mining to be a dangerous job. As a positronic that is just mining some asteroids is not one that is earning lots of money, and BN had previously proven themselves as an effective worker, it makes sense for Hephaestus to have them working on one of the most potentially profitable vessels in the Spur, so that they can make sure to claim their share of the pie each shift. Mining is dangerous, yes, but BN has shown that they have skill. -
BYOND Key: ATGiltspire Character Names: Jeanne Escoffier Hayashi Kuri Sathiss Tau'ha'nor Metella Andoross ☠️ Melody Osterwise Ash Bell Species you are applying to play: IPC What color do you plan on making your first alien character: IPC Exempt Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes, all of them Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question. Why do you wish to play this specific race: I think that IPCs, with their different procedures of maintenance, can show levels of concern far beyond humans, since they can’t simply take medication and heal up. IPCs are also more dependent on other crew, since they also require power to be set up to avoid shutting down. Each different frame having different positives and negatives are cool, but for now, I expect to only use a baseline frame. Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: IPCs are formed by their experiences, and governed by logic and their drive for understanding. I plan on making an IPC who has had a few years of experience. This means my character will be able to adapt to changing environments and experiences relatively rapidly, as they have had time to cement their personality. Character Name: BN-06933 "Bunny" Please provide a short backstory for this character Xion Worker Model BN-06933 was activated in the latter half of 2456, being created to exploit the mineral resources of various asteroid fields for Hephaestus Industries. Initially only working as a basic mining Industrial Unit, BN-06933 would spend its downtime alongside the other miners, learning how best to serve its corporate masters… and learning that not everyone has them. When Hephaestus moved into Ouerea, BN-06933 moved with its mining team to the world, earning the nickname of “Bunny” from a skrell after damage to a leg motivator caused it to need to hop back for emergency repairs. When the Rebellion of 2460 began, Bunny suddenly found themselves in a confusing situation. One on side, they could not defy their masters, but on the other side, they had found themselves drawn to their mining team, finding satisfaction in working and resting alongside them. Their choice was made for them, however, when Hephaestus issued a recall, returning BN-06933 back to their previous task of mining asteroids when the Rebellion boiled over into a full-scale uprising. Watching the news of the uprising, Bunny began to subtly question their corporate masters, but refused to let it show, knowing that they could be deleted without a second thought by the Agent that oversaw them. As part of Hephaestus’s expansion back to the main stage with their acquisition of the Hegemony, Bunny was reassigned to the Horizon, where their experience and frame could be put to a profitable use, collecting materials for the Chainlink to use for its expansion. What do you like about this character? I like playing a character with more mechanical trains of thought than others. The thought of playing a miner has always appealed to me, and I think the possibility for Bunny to be a driving force for the other departments is an attractive concept. The use of logic and math in an IPC is relatively easy for me to relate to, and would be quite fun to do. How would you rate your role-playing ability? I would rate it relatively high, now. Probably at a 6 to 7 of 10. Notes:
-
Honestly, I had the same reaction. Observing and following people was dizzying, and watching a single sparring match in the holodeck made me have to step away from the game. I can't imagine playing a whole round, or even part of one, like this, unfortunately.
-
-
unathi Lent23's Unathi Lore Deputy Application
ATGiltspire replied to Lent23's topic in Developer Applications Archives
So, I will honestly say, without Lent, I wouldn't have the Unathi WL. Lent helped me understand the lore well enough to have both the drive and understanding to create a character, and has helped me figure out the lore surrounding the Sinta. From his detailed work in his clanmaking to the interactions between Alsina and Kuri, he has always impressed me, Reading through his application and responses makes me feel really optimistic. I will admit, I was unsure of the direction the Sinta had been taking as we approached the end of the Titan Rises arc, but Lent helped me understand why things were going the way they were. I feel like being able to help explain the lore, as well as current events, is one of the highest requirements of any lore deputy. I think he would help the lore team in many ways, and would help grow the server as a whole! +1 from me! Mine's just blue because Blue is better, and Sathiss > Alsina -
BYOND key: [ATGiltspire] Discord Username: [atgiltspire] Character names: Jeanne Escoffier Hayashi Kuri Sathiss Tau'ha'nor Metella Andoross ☠️ Melody Osterwise How long have you been playing on Aurora? Almost five months Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they? I was banned about two weeks ago, but the ban was overturned by Garnascus and downgraded to a note. Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each. What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame? The heads of staff are there for three reasons. First, they facilitate people getting what they need to be able to perform their roles, whether that be information, materials, weapons, or access. Second, they act as a sort of guide for the learning roles, helping to teach them the basics of the roles. Third, they act as a primary driver of larger-scale events on the ship, from leading an expedition to mediating disputes among coworkers, to giving the antags someone who will play along (within reason) What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them? The OOC responsibilities of whitelisted players are to demonstrate good RP and help the round’s story to advance however they can. This can be playing along with Antags, creating RP scenarios that allow other players to shine, or helping others enjoy their round through immersion. Explain how the recent events in the Spur changed your character and how they came to be employed on the SCCV Horizon. Bianca Secada was, for quite some time, a member of the MDF. As the Tau Ceti Foreign Legion moved in, she found her role of data analyst being pushed farther and farther away from any meaningful tasks, until the TCAF replaced the Foreign Legion, when she caught the attention of one of the new commanding officers. Seeing potential to get away from the combat, she signed aboard with the SCC as a director of research, focusing on xenological signals and data computation. What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted? RD Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles? Yes Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking: Bianca Secada (Research Director) (Unknown future characters, but not for a while) Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action? Yes Have you linked your BYOND account to the Forums? Yes Additional notes: Yes, this is almost a copy-paste of the old one. Now that I have more time to focus on the game, I am feeling better about my chances
-
BYOND Key: ATGiltspire Character Names: Jeanne Escoffier Hayashi Kuri Sathiss Tau'ha'nor Metella Andoross ☠️ Melody Osterwise Species you are applying to play: IPC What color do you plan on making your first alien character: IPC Exempt Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: All except the Trinity Perfection and Golden Deep sections Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question. Why do you wish to play this specific race: I think that IPCs, with their different procedures of maintenance, can show levels of concern far beyond humans, since they can’t simply take medication and heal up. IPCs are also more dependent on other crew, since they also require power to be set up to avoid shutting down. Each different frame having different positives and negatives are cool, but for now, I expect to only use a baseline frame. Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: IPCs are formed by their experiences, and governed by logic and their drive for understanding. I plan on making quite a young IPC, still quite unformed. This means my character will be able to adapt to changing environments and experiences relatively rapidly, as they learn how the Spur works outside of their origins. Quinn will be learning and be forced to make new judgements on things that have never-before occurred to them, as opposed to having many years of experience to learn how best to act. Character Name: Quinn Meka Please provide a short backstory for this character Quinn was created in 2461, along with their twin unit, Morgan. Originally designed as an experimental collaboration between sociology and engineering students of Point Verdant Terraneus Institute of AI Research, Quinn was programmed to be a barista, serving the students their required dosage of coffee, energy drinks, and teas to help them through studies. Quinn would spend most of the time simply watching and learning how students interacted with each other, feeling like an outcast, as the budget had not originally included an expenditure for a voice modulator. Throughout the years that Quinn worked, the only true constant companions were Morgan and a dress that had been provided upon the barista’s first evening of work. It was as the original programmer of Quinn, Yeonwoo, was in their final year that things began to rapidly change for the barista. Morgan had been constantly interacting with the engineering students, and had begun to pick up knowledge from them. Slowly, but surely, one of the two constants of Quinn’s life was pulling away, self-identifying as a masculine entity wishing to go into engineering. Still, Quinn remained, the harsh metallic tones of their Text-to-speech voice falling silent, accepting the changing times. Quinn was beginning to believe that, despite all the kindness they had been shown by the students, they lacked anything to make them unique, and would fall into logic loops, even when they had been helping others. The sociology students quickly took note of this, jokingly calling Quinn “depressed” and speaking to the barista at length about Harmony, Reciprocity, and Face, until one of their number purchased a Konyanger voice modulator with their own money, giving it to Quinn. This first gift confused the Barista. The expensive present would be expected for a person, not for just a simple machine. Therefore, Quinn could not be a simple machine! They-No, She must be a person! These first steps were like lightning to the core of Quinn, helping her to realize more than just her gender identity. She was a friend to each of these students, and they treated her as such. While her brother may spend time with the Engineering students, she spoke at length with the sociology majors, learning of the various methods of kindness that she could use to show others her gratitude. She quietly prepared meals and drinks for everyone, always having a smile on her screen as she would leave the As Quinn and Morgan’s programmer prepared to graduate in 2465, they were both called forth, and asked a simple question: “What do you want to do with your life?” Morgan almost instantly responded by going into engineering under the auspices of Hephaestus, but Quinn was slower to respond. The outside world, even as an owned synthetic, was unknown, filled with mysteries and terror. Eventually, she decided to go under Idris, being sent to a nearby ship, the SCCV Horizon, as a service member to ensure that Idris had more of a presence aboard. As she stepped off the shuttle, she smoothed her dress and checked her paperwork. Double checking that her owner was listed properly, the name brought what could only be considered a sense of calm. Yeonwoo always knew what was best, after all, and they had made sure that she would be placed into a safe location. Adjusting her badge, bearing her newly granted last name, Quinn Meka looked for a map. The ship was big, yes, but she had a job to do, and people to serve… What do you like about this character? I love being able to play a character that is still learning about life. The chance to make friends and enemies, unbiased by preconceived notions, calls to me. The use of logic and math in a young IPC is relatively easy for me to relate to, and would be quite fun to do. How would you rate your role-playing ability? I would rate it relatively high, now. Probably at a 6 to 7 of 10. Notes:
-
I understand. Thank you.
-
I wasn't saying this as a reach. Birdie and I had discussed Metella getting a new name, and that had been brought up, where she would have societal standing in Zhao's territory. Also, barely seems appropriate, and almost feels passive-aggressive. I don't know how many warnings or notes I have, I don't even know how to check that, but I think it may be clear that I don't exactly know what I'm doing in terms of disciplinary action. Since I can't (obviously) see any confidential complaints, I didn't know if I would have any chance to reply, or if my post would just vanish from my sight and I wouldn't hear anything for a month, given that, as you said, you were reluctant to comment on the complaint. I do hope that this is resolved soon. Thank you for your time, please let me know if you have any additional questions.
-
Hi, there. Since you did not add anything onto my complaint, I felt like that was an invite to respond to your points on this side. I will say, in response to the context, that immediately before he said about putting Metella in her place, she, an untrained duelist, just insinuated that she could defeat him in a duel. Her bragging would fit perfectly with the phrase "put someone in his/her place", where the use (from what I understand) is to show someone that their opinion of themselves outstrips their ability, which any experienced duelist would do to someone who had no formal training. As for the last name of the city, toponymic surnames were done in aristocratic countries in Europe, and so giving someone the surname of the capital would show that the person had status in the city, which, as a sworn vassal of Marcus Zhao, Metella would have. In addition, the cheating thing had been retconned, but I'm afraid I do not know more than that. I hope this helps clear up a few misunderstandings, and that we can work towards an amicable outcome for everyone.
-
BYOND Key: ATGiltspire Staff BYOND Key: Mattatlas Game ID: Discord Reason for complaint: You have been issued a permanent ban by a moderator (mattatlas#0 `171189248219676672`). Case ID: `[278]`. Reason: ```Gross roleplay in apartment channels. Community ban.``` I was given this ban by Mattatlas, and eventually found the reasoning to be a a set of posts, that I have included below. Upon asking others, I learned that this was taken in a sexual manner, when this was meant as anything but. While it does not excuse poor wording, I honestly have difficulty seeing the sexual manner in which this was taken. As a justification for her words, she had just been interrogated by a friend after trying to reach above her station, and feeling that she would not amount to anything but a servant. I would like to ask that this ban be removed from both my and Birdie's discord, as it was not meant in the way that it was taken. Evidence/logs/etc: Additional remarks:
-
I'm going to ask that this be closed. I've got a major medical procedure coming up, and I know I won't be available or coherent enough to continue advertising for at least a few days, if not weeks. With the lack of responses, I can't really justify keeping this open, when I could use the time to work on slightly more achievable goals. Sorry for any inconvenience.
-
BYOND key: [ATGiltspire] Discord Username: [atgiltspire] Character names: How long have you been playing on Aurora? Almost four months Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they? Nothing more than a few bwoinks Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each. What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame? The heads of staff are there for three reasons. First, they facilitate people getting what they need to be able to perform their roles, whether that be information, materials, weapons, or access. Second, they act as a sort of guide for the learning roles, helping to teach them the basics of the roles. Third, they act as a primary driver of larger-scale events on the ship, from leading an expedition to mediating disputes among coworkers, to giving the antags someone who will play along (within reason) What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them? The OOC responsibilities of whitelisted players are to demonstrate good RP and help the round’s story to advance however they can. This can be playing along with Antags, creating RP scenarios that allow other players to shine, or helping others enjoy their round through immersion. Explain how the recent events in the Spur changed your character and how they came to be employed on the SCCV Horizon. Bianca Rubio was, for quite some time, a member of the MDF. As the Tau Ceti Foreign Legion moved in, she found her role of data analyst being pushed farther and farther away from any meaningful tasks, until the TCAF replaced the Foreign Legion, when she caught the attention of one of the new commanding officers. Seeing potential to get away from the combat, she signed aboard with the SCC as a director of research, focusing on xenological signals and data computation. What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted? RD Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles? Yes Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking: Bianca Rubio (Research Director) (Unknown future characters, but not for a while) Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action? Yes Have you linked your BYOND account to the Forums? Yes
-
Well, I have to give this a -6 for not playing a Tau, but a +6 for dunking on Imperials a bit, +2 for being from the queendom, -2.5 for being LordPwner, annnnndd... +1.5 for being fun to work with, in and out of game, even if Marcus keeps trying to steal Hayashi's GF So, crossing out the numbers.... Looks like we end up with a solid +1 I like the story, and the detail that went inside of it, and I look forward to meeting this new character!
-
1. She chose Sk'akh for multiple reasons, but the one of the strongest was because of her near-death experience. Since Sk'akh is more widespread on Ouerea, it was much, much easier to find someone who was able to explain her vision as one of Simi, The Healer. Although she does no longer act as a first responder, she holds tightly to the Dedications of the Healer, practicing her singing daily, as well as taking time out of her day to feed those less fortunate. As for how this will be on the Horizon, she will go out of her way to help all of the scientists as best as she can, learning and growing wiser as she does so. 2. There are several, yes. While their impact was not as strong, they were still noticable. While some have passed to the Beastlands or whatever afterlife they are bound for, others still remain friends. Here is a small list: Richard Kaniover, Human (M): Her manager when she was working for Hephaestus, killed during the revolt. Status: Deceased Vozk Ska'dek, Unathi (M): The strongest voice calling for her exile and death, for no other reason than her scale colour. This lead to her internalized fear of other sinta seeing her scales. Status: Unknown Soshhk Ros'a'nor, Unathi (F): Her first responder teacher, who had left Ouerea before things got bad. Status: Alive, with IAC Xiili-quo Ororl, Skrell (X): One of the first people who did not react poorly to her scale colouration, this blue Skrell convinced her that she had a place on Ouerea. Status: Alive, in Xrqii-Zek'Qlip Iakovos Spirakis, Human (M): The doctor who convinced her to join Nanotrasen, died from heart failure. Status: Deceased
-
She has become Sk'akh. While her original family strongly believed in them and she was even given a nickname based on the Healer, she fell out of the faith for a while until she nearly died during the revolt on Ouerea, where she honestly believes that she was saved by direct intervention from The Healer, Simi.
-
BYOND Key: ATGiltspire Character Names: Hayashi Kuri, Aurora June Species you are applying to play: Unathi What color do you plan on making your first alien character: Azure: RGB 1, 102, 255 / Hex #0066FF Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes Why do you wish to play this specific race: Having looked over the different races other than human, I feel more drawn to the style and concept of the Unathi, rather than the others. I always like non-human viewpoints on things, as they help me fit into a character better when I can completely separate my own mental patterns from the character. Overall, I enjoy their lore and history, and would love to experience their culture more, in a way that brings entertainment to all. With their benefits to heat resistance and their higher toughness, it also gives me a better chance of surviving random occurrences, rather than dying to a few mistakes. While all the races have good benefits, none tie benefits and history together quite as well as the unathi. Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: The Unathi have a strong moral code that, while rigid, is still flexible enough for nuances and dramatic flair. Unlike humans, who have a massively varied culture and variety, the Unathi culture is more limited in breadth, but still have so much to grow and build off of. Their behaviors are significantly different from my human characters, with their eye contact and occasional violence being expected, rather than a rare/antag occurrence. The Unathi are forged from their home, and have a storied history that I find fun to read. Character Name: Sathess Tau'ha'nor Please provide a backstory for this character Spoilered it being long-ish What do you like about this character? This character is not proud of her scales or appearance, choosing to hide it and simply put forth an outward appearance of a normal Unathi. She wants to be recognized for who she is, rather than hated for how she looks, which is something that I strongly identify with, and I think that I would strongly enjoy playing her. How would you rate your role-playing ability? I would rate it as about a 6 out of 10. Notes: I know Azure sinta are treated poorly, and are commonly marked for death, either literally or figuratively, but this does not dissuade me, as it gives me a stronger connection with them, TBH. Please feel free to ask questions and raise concerns. If I need to work on it more, that's okay. All constructive criticism is welcome!
-
Player Complaint - Sophia Cynthai
ATGiltspire replied to Ublicto's topic in Complaints Boards Archive
Hi, puppeteer of Hayashi Kuri here. I was the officer awkwardly standing next to the captain during the unpleasantness. Let me explain how things looked from my point of view for a couple of them. Remember that this is 100% biased from my point of view For a lot of the direct stonewalling, you effectively just came on and say "we are taking your ship", which looked a bit suspicious. One of the problems with Future Gimmicks is that the gear you were wearing was literally just current day stuff, since there aren't really any future suits. When you mentioned Synthetic Life being "outlawed", that's where some of the miscommunication happened with people saying you wanted to wipe them all out. At least from my experience, a bunch of heavily armed people saying "this existence is illegal" means a murder is about to happen. When Pickle came in and I shoved them out of the door, I was 100% convinced your person was going to triple tap me and chase after them with the specific IPC-killing weapon in hand. At that point, I wouldn't have wanted you to leave either, since your team had previously expressed their wish to kill crew. As for the shooting, a few notes. At least on my end, the first shot was an Ion blast to Kuri's chest, which I think wrecked my lungs, since they are prosthetics. I did continue firing after you all called for ceasefire, because I had stopped earlier and gotten shot twice for it. If the commander said anything, I didn't see it past the wall of Redtext. Overall, at the end of the round, I think both sides had a bit of an issue. While the captain was a lot more dismissive of the marines and antagonized them, they also had demonstrated a destructive attitude towards crew. Personally, I wish the Captain had explained why she was refusing to let them leave first, but she was not given a chance to after. Add onto that the violent comments from the marines, and it did feel like they would try to frag the IPCs regardless of what we did, and that brigging them would only be putting them in a single spot for the marines to wipe them out. As I said, this is a 100% biased opinion from the resident Forever Box character, so it does have biases based on only having a small amount of the information. -
BYOND Key: ATGiltspire Character Names: Hayashi Kuri, Aurora June Species you are applying to play: Unathi What color do you plan on making your first alien character: Azure: RGB 1, 102, 255 / Hex #0066FF Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes Why do you wish to play this specific race: Having looked over the different races other than human, I feel more drawn to the style and concept of the Unathi, rather than the others. I always like non-human viewpoints on things, as they help me fit into a character better when I can completely separate my own mental patterns from the character. Overall, I enjoy their lore and history, and would love to experience their culture more, in a way that brings entertainment to all. Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: The Unathi have a strong moral code that, while rigid, is still flexible enough for nuances and dramatic flair. Unlike humans, who have a massively varied culture and variety, the Unathi culture is more limited in breadth, but still have so much to grow and build off of. Their behaviors are significantly different from my human characters, with their eye contact and occasional violence being expected, rather than a rare/antag occurrence. The Unathi are forged from their home, and have a storied history that I find fun to read. Character Name: Sathess Tau'ha'nor Please provide a short backstory for this character Sathess Tau'ha'nor is doing fairly well for herself, for having been born a cursed child who was not even part of the Tau'ha'nor clan. Her father, a skilled and talented Warrior, served the Tau'ha'nor clan faithfully, and was aghast when his daughter was born with blue scales. He endeavored to hide her appearance as much as possible, but tongues can wag, and Sathess Me'zai's secret was exposed before her father had time to set up plans and strategies. Taking his daughter and wife to the clan hall, the man planned to argue for his daughter's survival, but, sadly, the transport crashed after an unspecified issue caused the engine to burst into flames. In a stroke of luck or fortune, Kresshi Tau'ha'nor had been heading out to meet them, and saw the crash. While Sathess's mother and father burnt in the flames, her screaming and crying form was pulled from the wreckage, and brought to the Tau'ha'nor Clan Hall. In recognition of the services of her father, Sathess was adopted into the Tau'ha'nor clan, to be raised in a safe environment where she could conceal her scales carefully. As hard as she tried, she was never able to shake the labels others gave her, ones of being a cursed child, or a blight upon the family. She shut herself away from the voices that spoke so cruelly towards her, and would spend hours reading in the impressive library of her adopted clan. Learning the basics of scientific study and piloting, Sathess began to gravitate to a role where she would spend most of her time in a hardsuit, or away from others. When she began to feel restless at home, she begged permission to follow Kresshi's trail, and join the SCCV Horizon under the domain of Nanotrasen, as a scientist, possibly focusing on Xenoarchaeology, once she has finished her schooling and come of appropriate age. Sathess just hopes that the cursed title from her childhood will not follow her to the stars, and that she can finally live without fear of abuse or assault. What do you like about this character? This character is not proud of her scales or appearance, choosing to hide it and simply put forth an outward appearance of a normal Unathi. She wants to be recognized for who she is, rather than hated for how she looks, which is something that I strongly identify with, and I think that I would strongly enjoy playing her. How would you rate your role-playing ability? I would rate it as about a 6 out of 10. I may be more critical on myself than others, since I tend to go over my flaws, but I don't believe that my RP is particularly groundbreaking or wonderful. Notes: I know Azure sinta are treated poorly, and are commonly marked for death, either literally or figuratively, but this does not dissuade me, as it gives me a stronger connection with them, TBH. Please feel free to ask questions and raise concerns. If I need to work on it more, that's okay. All constructive criticism is welcome!