[Accepted] Butter's Head App (The Sequel)

BYOND key: Butterrobber202

Character names:

2078b9dc6d06b9f8fc11d8a0d2af05d1.png

Ninja Edit: I also play Claws and White as antags.

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: Too long, pretty sure I’m going on 4 years now?

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: I feel like a peasant. Because being a head puts you into unique role-play situations that are generally unavailable to normal jobs. Plus, there is nothing like educating a noob and seeing them get into the swing of things,

Why did you come to Aurora?: because it was the only RP server that was public when I got into SS13

Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?: Yep

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they? Yes, around a year or so ago I received my first ban, which was also a permaban for stabbin' an Antag as non-Sec. I’ve since calmed my validity ass down.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is and should be about: Roleplay is putting yourself into someone else’s shoes. Even if you crafted those shoes yourself. It’s immersing yourself into the universe you are playing in and taking in the lore and setting, then basing your reactions/interactions based on such Information. Finally, roleplay is about making yourself and others happy in our little fake world we’ve crafted.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: Improve the atmosphere of the round and filling critical job roles when their normal occupants aren't present. It’s guiding new players and utilizing the skills of veterans to improve the station. It’s above all, serving the other players and improving their experience. You are the driving force behind the progression of the round. Your job isn't to 'win' against the antags, its to create and drive the story and plot of the current round. The antags are players too, and therefore it's your duty to provide them with at least a chance to get things off of the ground.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: As I said above, you are the driving force behind the progression of the round, and it is your duty to make sure the round is entertaining and a nice thing to take part in. Even if this means losing to the antags. A Conflict should be a struggle that produces RP, the result of the conflict doesn’t matter as long as the path to the end was engaging and fun.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau Ceti and how it affected your character and their career? In regards to the recent attack by the Lii’dra, it hasnt affected many of my characters all that severely, as I have no human characters. Only one of my Characters actually lives in Biesel, which wasn’t even the hardest hit in the attack. Mikam likley demanded a raise for working in such a ‘hazardous work environment.’ Losk Kizi simply stays on the Odin for ease of access to work, and visits Moghes every Month. So the only thing I could imagine affecting him from the attack is the fact that there is a Vaucra presence in the Unathi Home System. I don’t imagine it affecting my IPCs all that much due to the fact that they are sad wageslaves to NT at the moment. But I can say, Shusha was the most changed, I’ve tried to RP out a distrust towards non-K’lax Vaucra, but so far I haven't really had the chance to do so yet.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted? CMO, HoP, and maybe HoS if I can bring myself too. Captain, once I get comfy in command again.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well-articulated responses to the following questions.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking:

Losk Kizi - CMO

Unknown Tajara Character - HoP ( needs some thought )

Eoshuge Shuhsa - HoS

Unknown Human Character - Captain ( needs a lot more thought )

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:

7-8/10

I'm good, but not the next RP'ing god decended from the heavens to provide text walls to all.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent and may be stripped following continuous administrative action? Yep

Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles? Yep

Extra notes:

I’m aware there's a chunk of people that have about 0 confidence in me, mostly I hope from stuff I did a long time ago. I’d like to say I’ve improved a lot of my years here, and I’m not the shithead I started as.

Hey look another security main like me.

Seen you around a lot, specifically on your security character. But I've had the chance to even play a raider round with you, and you seemed pretty okay. From an RP perspective, their characters are pretty timid when it comes to antag rounds, and they sometimes bring up some interesting assumptions or rumors, to divert us off from directly calling out the antag round, and validhunting. I'd give them a +1.

You asked for comments, and so comments you shall have.

We're both on trial, and I've played as command with your CMO twice. I've also interacted with your captain and HoS while I was non-command, though only briefly.

What's good, in my opinion:

-You know how command works, mechanically.

-You know your department

-Your characters are well-developed

What needs improvement, in my opinion:

-You should try to AFK less. Today you were afk as command for 45 minutes. That can't be happening. I've also seen you afk as HoS for 5-10 minutes during a crisis.

-You need to communicate more with command, and when people outside of your department are talking to you. This is something I've noticed as command, and heard people mention. It can be frustrating.

I think you have a lot of it down, but your in-game communication does need work IMO. A lot of the round is depending on us to direct things in a timely manner. I'm not saying you always have to be responding to every command member, but half the time i feel like I can't tell if you're SSD/AFK or just not listening.

[mention]Doxxmedearly[/mention]

gonna refute the 45 minute AFK time, it was a special case. A Family member called on me to help them so I did, had I known it would take the better part of the hour, I would have cryo'd.

But yeah, communication isnt my strong point, I've been working on it.

But thanks for the mostly positive feedback :D