Add HoloAdverts

Ornias

One of the main problems we often see raised in relation to the lore is that it's too disconnected from our actual setting - Idris Incorporated will never be involved with the NSS Aurora, despite the fact that it is an important factor of history.

This suggestion is to add holoadvertisements - tall hologram projectors that play advertisements every couple of minutes to everyone nearby.

The advertisements will be based on both sound and sight, and be able to speak different languages depending on the scenario, as well as potentially being able to be integrated into on-station emergency alerts and whatnot.

The holoads will present advertisements that take between one to two minutes, giving background information and flavor, such as advertisements for new cars, services, games, and shows. They will also play political adverts (though not TOO extreme), relay pro-corporate messages, and provides PSAs.

Example Adverts:

Hephaestus Industries '59 Achilles Ad

*The holoscreen flushes a pure pastal orange, before ripples of red swish across the screen, and a vignette slowly zooms in, before the image hardens to reveal the Hephaestus Industries logo.*

You work hard. You're the best of the best - the top of the top. You're the envy of your peers, the pride of your family. You work *hard*. And now, it's time to play hard.

*The logo seperates into two halves, before opening to reveal a rotating model of an orange-yellow car, with a moving holographic display giving the impression of the car being on fire.*

The C-X '59 'Achilles', complete with front-level holographic displays, priority road access, and a top-of-the-line solar-powered engine.

*The holoscreen pulls back from the car, as it's wheels retract inwards, and it lifts into the air.*

With a 4.5 second aerial conversion time, you'll find yourself at your destination while your competitors are still landlocked.

*The holoscreen cuts to various scenes of well-off individuals from all backgrounds using the '59 Achilles, pulling in at high-class restaurants, business meetings, or flying through a Hengsha Arcology simulated countryside.*

Built by the best, for the best. Hephaestus: the anvil upon which the world is shaped.

Confiance Technologies IPC Ad

*The holoscreen cuts to the upper half of a rather attractive young Pacifica woman, dressed in a tight-fitting 'Confiance Technologies' jumpskirt. She stands in a completely white room, smiling widely.*

Hana Ikitaue: It isn't easy, nowadays. We get it. You want results - and you want them cheap. Why settle for second best?

*The woman turns around to reveal a synthetic identification tag on the back of her neck, labeled 'Hana Ikitaue'.*

Hana Ikitaue: 300k, 10 year warranty. Fully simulated emotional and physical responses, for *all* your needs, business or otherwise.

*The holoscreen cuts to a line of tagged synthetic shells, each standing with a 'Confiance Technologies' jumpsuit or jumpskirt, accentuating their attractive physical features.*

Hana Ikitaue: Custom-fitted, and built to last. Dangerous manual labour? Hazardous materials? Field experts? Customer service for cheap? Look no further.

*The holoscreen cuts to the Confiance Technologies logo, with the Necropolis Industries logo hovering in the bottom right.*

Hana Ikitaue: Join us, and join the future. Have confidence in Confiance.

Jao'Heishi Real Estate Ad

*The holoscreen displays the Mendell Cityscape in the early hours of the morning, capturing Districts 1-4, with a sunset on the horizon beautifully illuminating the Phoenix Street city hall.*

*The holoscreen cuts to a shot in front of the Gostoso Cafe, located on Phoenix Street, with a Chinese-American Mendell City police officer in his mid-30s standing in pristine uniform.*

Officer Huang: Me? I love the people.

*The holoscreen cuts to a family standing in front of a brand-new, beautiful Neo-Gibsonian house.*

David Shupe: I looked around for a while - I wanted the best place to raise my children, after all. I love the community.

*The holoscreen cuts to a grocer for the Šarmantno Grocery, scanning through a loaf of custom-grown bread. She beams at the camera.*

Jill Hickey: I used to live in District 9, until recently. That's why I moved here- with over 85% human tennants, I know I'm safe here. I love the security.

*The holoscreen cuts to a bustling street, a majority Human, in addition to a small number of Skrell and two well-hidden unathi. A single Bishop Accessory Frame IPC helps an elderly man carry his bags.*

Voice Over: We've all found a place to call home with Jao'Heishi Real Estate. What are you waiting for? Give us a call on 594-391-9405.

Zeng-Hu Pharmaceuticals Cloning Ad

*The holoscreen goes a pure while, before a series of purple lines zip in from the sides of the screen, forming a hexagonal pattern, before the easily recognizable Zeng-Hu Pharmaceuticals logo appears in the center.*

*The Zeng-Hu logo fades out, before Cisi Cho, the chief medical officer of Zeng-Hu Pharmaceuticals, appears on-screen, sitting at a pristine white table with a single Zeng-Hu mug perched on top of it.*

Cisi Cho (SOL COMMON): Death is a part of life. Thanks to Zeng-Hu Pharmaceuticals, /life/ is now a part of death. Pioneers in the genetic field, Zeng-Hu has been working tirelessly for over 300 years to ensure that you, and your loved ones, get the best care in the galaxy.

Cisi Cho (SOL COMMON): Recent events have shaken the galaxy, and now's a more dangerous time than ever. There's no better time to get your cloning policy checked. With the highest cloning success rate in the galaxy, we're dedicated to making sure you get back on your feet, and fast.

Cisi Cho (SOL COMMON): Now, for only 3k credits a month, death is a thing of the past with our new Premium Lifesaver policy. 95% memory recollection, 3 months rehabilitation, and a hefty failure payout, you can rest assured that your loved ones won't be left in the dark.

Cisi Cho (SOL COMMON): Join us today, and help us in building a brighter future.

*The camera pans out, as the Zeng-Hu Pharmaceuticals logo rapidly reassembles and dissipates.*

Kumar Arms 'Taskmaster' Ad

*The 'Kumar Arms' logo hovers in the center of the screen, surrounded by a beautiful starscape.*

*The stars blink out, one by one, as the Kumar Arms logo turns into a constellation and fades into the black of space.*

VOICEOVER: You're a big deal. You killed it on that deal last week. Your latest proposal changed EVERYTHING.

VOICEOVER: You already get second glances from everyone you meet. Some of them are amazed. Starstruck. Disbelieving. Jealous. Envious.

*The screen cuts to a room, too dark to make anything besides a single pedestal in the center out.*

VOICEOVER: You're in the big leagues now, which means you need to think big. You're a target. You've got as many people trying to bed you as trying to kill you.

*A single light comes on from the ceiling, revealing a beautifully crafted, pitch-black, KA34 'Taskmaster' pistol.*

VOICEOVER: Introducing the KA34 'Taskmaster'. You can't think much bigger than that. Fashionable. Elegant. Efficient. Just like you.

*The holoscreen zooms in on the KA34 Taskmasters grip, trigger, and barrel, in turn, with little tags coming off detailing the pistols impressive specs.*

VOICEOVER: You don't beat perfection. That's why they haven't beat you. Kumar Arms. The best defense is a Kumar offense.

Ads will be formatted with ~8-15 second breaks between each 'line', making the adverts seem dynamic. After it finishes it's last line, it will wait 3 minutes before 'activating' again - the moment that someone enters within 3 times of it, it will begin its next randomly selected ad.

A lot of ads would need to be written for this to ensure it didn't get stale, but it would add a lot of flavour to our station in terms of how it relates to the rest of the galaxy. Plus, throwing someone through it/firing bullets through it could make it fizzle and look really cool in a firefight.

Are the descriptions emoted with the line of text as described or are these animated?

Emoted with visual lines of text. This also ensures that ads in other languages (E.G. Sol Common) can still be seen (though not understood), without needing to understand the language.

Mild icon changes between ads (Hephaestus Industries logo for Hephaestus Industries ads, etc.) might be nice, but may be a bit more effort than they're worth.

Edited by Guest
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, DRagO said:

Fuck it, I guess I can try taking a shot at this

drago, words can not describne how much  I  love u.   u  are  always  my favorite staff member.        alternatively.,   I will try to code  this.   i have never coded .    i have never eve n looked at code. i  once accidentally clicked 'view source code' on a website and had a seizure.  but i ' ll try ,   if    this project does not   make you Giddy with excitement, Drago. i'l;l do it

• Gem locked this topic