Iron Chaos's IPC Application

BYOND Key: Iron Chaos
Character Names: Oscar O'Neil, B-4, Carl Rifler, Kyla Garneys
Species you are applying to play: IPC
What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): N/A
Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question.

Why do you wish to play this specific race: To cut to the chase, I want to play as a synthetic. The Synthetics on the server are varied and the lore around them has made for interesting interactions. For several months I played as B-4, an emotionless robot, and Oscar O'Neil, an organic in a synthetic-worshiping religion, and now I wish to finally try and take a step into the IPC race itself.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: Outside of the obvious organic/synthetic differences, IPCs are relatively new to the universe. They are still in a weird place where they aren't recognized as equals to organics. In fact, some governments/religions place an outright ban on synthetics, calling for their destruction. Outside of those areas, their rights are limited, their systems vary, and freedom must be purchased after 'birth' by working it off. IPCs creation is controlled and regulated, and none are created without a purpose in mind.

Character Name: C-51
Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs.

Part of a mass produced series of Baseline chassis and positronics by a Hephaestus subsidiary, C-51 was created along with a series of robotic counterparts for the purpose of aiding colonization efforts out in the Frontier. After failing to meet a quota in the desired time-frame, the subsidiary lost the contract and went bankrupt. The equipment, robots, and IPCs were claim by Hephaestus proper and, from there, sold to help recoup the costs. Designed to aid in warehouse management and cargo, C-51 was sold to Nanotrasen in a lot of other units to assist with the ever-growing demand of Cargo throughout the system.

The lot of purchased units were inspected and tested to ensure quality, then assigned a station or put on hold to await assignment. C-51 was one of the unfortunate units to be placed on hold, until now. A recent hiring surge caused an increase in demand for crew assets in various stations. To help cope, C-51 was taken out of storage and assigned active duty on the NSS Aurora.

What do you like about this character? He is simple and straight forward. He's a blank slate. His personality/identity hasn't been given an opportunity to manifest or grow.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? Average. Not the greatest, but definitely not the worst.

Notes:

All characters that Chaos plays are very well thought-out, well-roleplayed and entertaining to interact with. Not necessarily due to humour or silliness, but because they're serious and behave as though one might expect a person in their position to behave. They're all different to one another, and capable of holding conversations well - in fact, I've rarely seen Chaos involved in any kind of antag situation which is a good sign, considering the roles of their characters.

Furthermore, Chaos' synthetic unit B-4, is exactly what you'd think an Android should be. Methodical, generally lacking in emotion, and obedient. He doesn't smartass crew, he doesn't deviate from how an Android should be. I will give this a +1 because it's been a long time coming. Chaos can play bots.

A short application that is quick and to the point. I'm glad to see you're delving into your strong point once more, with making a pure robot as mentioned in the last bit. The application itself, though solid, would normally be something I would ask for a revision on, but considering the absolutely fantastic state of your synthetic roleplay as it stands, I'm very willing to accept it now. I look forward to seeing how you handle having hands.

Application accepted.

• kyres1 locked this topic