Give the ability for borgs to unlock their covers

As per requested in the PR available here: https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/6375, I've made a thread. 
Been playing borgie for a while, and always felt like this option was missing. Already have been in situations where I couldn't open my cover when it was needed. So, here it is. I know that some people got in the same situation before.

PS: Also was an attempt to test the PR system, but shhh.

We had this before a long time ago. It vanished for some reason - I think after we re-based years ago (alongside our cool Biology department ;-;).

Dunno why you had to make a suggestion thread over something so small, +1

I am against this idea.

I do not think borgs should have the ability to unlock their own covers for multiple reasons.

• Only authorized people are allowed to even touch them according to their laws. Only authorized people have the ability to unlock their covers and do whatever with them. This provides too much flexibility and I don't think we should allow this. If the cover needs to be desperately unlocked, there are multiple ways someone can work to gain access to. 
  • Science borgs can already unlock covers, open themselves up, etc. If there is no robotics, note it, and become a science borg for general robotics maintenance. 
8 hours ago, sonicgotnuked said:

I am against this idea.

I do not think borgs should have the ability to unlock their own covers for multiple reasons.

• Only authorized people are allowed to even touch them according to their laws. Only authorized people have the ability to unlock their covers and do whatever with them. This provides too much flexibility and I don't think we should allow this. If the cover needs to be desperately unlocked, there are multiple ways someone can work to gain access to. 
  • Science borgs can already unlock covers, open themselves up, etc. If there is no robotics, note it, and become a science borg for general robotics maintenance. 

This essentially. It acts as a buffer icly aswell as oocly, so Cook McJoe wont do robotics and administration has to get involved when it shouldnt be needed.

12 hours ago, sonicgotnuked said:

I am against this idea.

I haven't saw this from this side. You mark a good point here. I totally forgot that science borgs had an unlocker.

3 hours ago, Pratepresidenten said:

This essentially. It acts as a buffer icly aswell as oocly, so Cook McJoe wont do robotics and administration has to get involved when it shouldnt be needed.

I admit that it can be used as a way to break the rules.

Alright, I think you convinced me. Fast but you exposed the good arguments against it. It was more of a way to go faster in some kind of situations, but I didn't considered the McCook side at all. 
At least I know how to PR without fucking up now. 

• Gem locked this topic