[Denied] Simfantic's IPC Application

BYOND Key: Simfantic

Character Names: Ziiq’Luu Xrim, Nuux’Xi Oona, Ezhin Xunu, Lindsey Wardle.

Species you are applying to play: IPC

What colour do you plan on making your first alien character: (Exempt)

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Most definitely.

Please provide well-articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question.

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

I’ve really enjoyed playing as a borg in the past, and I know there are vast differences between that of a borg and an IPC. I really enjoy the mechanics of the race, that for every positive there is an equal drawback such as the ability to be without oxygen in the void but require a suit cooler to actually stay for an extended period of times out in the void. The lore behind the IPC is quite interesting as well as their unique approach on how to make decisions.

Identity what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

While, obviously there's the mechanics that are vastly different to that of a human, as I mentioned above the ability to survive without oxygen but having to carry a suit cooler to go for extended periods of time. The other differences are the unique discrimination towards IPC by some Skrell, Unathi and even Humans. Their speech is incredibly different (or the way I wish to hopefully play) between an organic and an IPC.

Character Name:

D.E.U 110 (Designated Engineering Unit Eleven-Naught)

Please provide a short backstory for this character

Designation: Designated Engineering Unit Eleven Naught (D.E.U 110)

Construction: 24/01/2461

Activation: 31/01/2461

Initial Loggings as followed:

Constructed January 24th 2461 by Nanotrasen. Approximately 6 days 22 hours and 37 minutes after construction DEU was activated in an upload facility found in Mendell City. Designated Engineering Unit had several key pieces of engineering knowledge downloaded in its database, shortly after the download was complete DEU was assigned to NSS Upsilon as an engineering apprentice in order to ‘test; if the software was capable of being used aboard other vessels found in the Nanotrasen Fleet. DEU successfully completed the task and was reassigned to the NSS Aurora.

DEU has a unique personality module loaded in order to experiment with reactions by organics. DEU appears to wish to work until they are capable of purchasing their individuality; the calculated amount of time until they can do so appears to sit at roughly 62 months. DEU is also tasked in keeping the environment as clean as possible to improve general maintenance costs of the station as well as to ensure that crew environmental needs are met.

What do you like about this character?

I’d like to make DEU as robotic as possible, having little to no emotion and responding to the decisions in terms of binary choices, such as would it benefit the station and so on and so forth. I’d likely also make DEU janitorial staff if Engineering is full in order to keep the station looking optimal for its owners.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

I’d like to rate myself at a 6 or a 7, obviously, I still have a lot to learn, but with learning comes a better ability to increase the joy of others when they interact with me.

Notes: All criticism welcome! I’d love to hear the negative ones so I can roleplay better to ensure everyone has fun.

Edited by kyres1
Additional Information & Fixes
4 hours ago, simfantic said:

What do you like about this character?

I’d like to make DEU as robotic as possible, having little to no emotion and responding to the decisions in terms of binary choices, such as would it benefit the station and so on and so forth.

Then why not play DEU as a robot or a cyborg? IPC's are robotic, sure, but they still have a bit of personality behind them. Playing an IPC just to be "as robotic as possible" kinda feels like a way around cyborgs not having hands.

Can you go into more depth about DEU's personality and future goals? Being owned doesn't mean it doesn't have plans for it's own life.

4 hours ago, SatinsPristOTD said:

Then why not play DEU as a robot or a cyborg? IPC's are robotic, sure, but they still have a bit of personality behind them. Playing an IPC just to be "as robotic as possible" kinda feels like a way around cyborgs not having hands.

Can you go into more depth about DEU's personality and future goals? Being owned doesn't mean it doesn't have plans for it's own life.

I completely understand and I'll add this information in right now as I have completely forgotten to do so! I'd also like to slightly change some details about DEU in order to answer the question above. 

Additional Information:

Personality: I'd like to attempt to morph DEU into being quite a cynical, somehow sad robot, as I think it would be hilarious to have a baseline IPC going around consistently being the one to drag his colleagues down, as well as make snarky comments (to a degree) to the other people around him. E.g An engineer sets up the engine, DEU would give a backhanded compliment, "Well done, you completed a job which we were all trained to do." 

Goals and Aspirations: Obviously DEU would like to be free, considering he doesn't wish to work for the whole of his life before being shelved due to increasing maintenance costs, but I'd also like to give DEU the goal of growing (If that makes sense) where through repeated interaction with organics he begins to understand their way of life and go from being rather cynical to organics he'd have a more 'friend' than creator view of them.

I like that response. As of right now, our IPC's seem to favor the "nicer" side of things, or what I like to refer to as the "German Workforce" approach. I don't think that needs to be explained ll

One that's a bit sarcastic and cynical might be a breath of fresh air if done properly. It gives them a chance to develop.

+1 based on the application. I don't really know Simfantic OOCly, so bear that in mind with my plus, however I'd be willing to see this in action.

Have you seen the upcoming IPC rework? I'm assuming DEU is a baseline, so it might not effect them much.

I'll be blunt, contrary to the feedback given here I have not seen particularly great things from you. Your role-play really, honestly could use some improvement and issues with powergaming absolutely can't be brushed over in this type of whitelist. I do not intend to accept this on these grounds alone, but the application itself is also barebones, mechanically focused and issues with other whitelists you have cropping up now helps this conclusion.

Application denied. You're free to apply once I or others have seen improvement in your gameplay.

• kyres1 locked this topic