Jump to content

Add chewing gum


Recommended Posts

I eat chewing gum all day IRL, and many people too

 

We could add it to the server, but I don't know how... maybe as a food that lasts a lot lot in your mouth and creates some kind of sound from time to time (although it's not polite to make sounds while chewing gum), or something?

Or as a mask item?

 

Gimme feedback

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Carver said:

Only if it adds a reagent to you that never metabolizes and doesn't really do anything just for the '7 years to digest' memes.

How utterly pointless. There's no need to clutter up people's bodies with unmetabolized reagents just for the sake of a 'meme' that isn't even true or remotely relevant anymore. You'd have confused doctors performing dialysis or inducing vomiting on patients to remove the 'unknown reagent' that showed up on scans.

Anyway. How would chewing gum work mechanically? We don't actually have an inside the mouth slot. And it doesn't make sense for a wad of gum to take up your mask slot.

Link to comment

I actually have some code for something like this. I found it from another server (my notes are somewhere on this computer, I'd have to find it, but it's late). They come in packets and go into your mask slot. You get a taste of some kind of flavor, say, mint, while it's being chewed (complete with blowing bubbles--of color!--because it's on your character). Once it runs out of reagent, it becomes a trash item called "chewed gum."

 

I never finished the end of the code, because I didn't know how I wanted it to end. The easiest way would be if it went like a cigarette and the chewed gum dropped like a cigarette butt does. But. That seems a bit rude to just spit out your gum when it runs out of flavor.

Link to comment
On 14/06/2019 at 18:34, Kaed said:

How utterly pointless. There's no need to clutter up people's bodies with unmetabolized reagents just for the sake of a 'meme' that isn't even true or remotely relevant anymore. You'd have confused doctors performing dialysis or inducing vomiting on patients to remove the 'unknown reagent' that showed up on scans.

'Utterly pointless' is a succinct description for half of the silly mechanics in this game, really. If medical flips a shit over a gumwad in someone's stomach that's doing absolutely nothing to their health or condition that'd be even funnier to me.

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Carver said:

'Utterly pointless' is a succinct description for half of the silly mechanics in this game, really. If medical flips a shit over a gumwad in someone's stomach that's doing absolutely nothing to their health or condition that'd be even funnier to me.

Creating an unrealistic mechanic just for the sake of laughing at people for not understanding the mechanic is not a practice I think that we should begin. 

We're dealing with a mundane object (chewing gum) it should behave in a logical fashion, and not in a different way based on incorrect urban myths or outdated scientific information just because it makes a small number of people laugh. 

Just look at psychology now. It works on magic crystals and hypnosis, and almost no one plays it anymore, because it's confusing non-logic.

Edited by Kaed
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Kaed said:

Creating an unrealistic mechanic just for the sake of laughing at people for not understanding the mechanic is not a practice I think that we should begin. 

We're dealing with a mundane object (chewing gum) it should behave in a logical fashion, and not in a different way based on incorrect urban myths or outdated scientific information just because it makes a small number of people laugh. 

Just look at psychology now. It works on magic crystals and hypnosis, and almost no one plays it anymore, because it's confusing non-logic.

The argument for psychology is that whilst it didn't have many players before, it has less because inane mechanics were added to essentially an RP-only action/role. Gum as a whole is fairly inane to begin with, and arguably doesn't need mechanics to represent it in the first place unless someone really wants to stick it under tables or permanently attach a coin to the floor.

Link to comment

i could probably port this from bay. 

bay basically makes it like any other mask but it's animated to occasionally blow a bubble

Maybe make it two seperate items, one for chewing gum and another for bubble gum. 

Flavor i'd have a problem though. 

Unless, of course someone helps me. 

Then we could also consider stuff like chewing tobacco.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...