Jump to content

Disable auto-traitor's traitor generation during the last 5 minutes of crew transfer/emergency shuttle before they dock with the station.


Recommended Posts

image.png.ffaa8d6dcf4a22051c3adf5300393414.png

This is an example basis as to why, as situations like these should never happen at all. 5 minutes is really not enough to make an interesting impact on the round, and those who try end up emulating the above with their goals. Auto-traitor should stop functioning the way it does 5 minutes prior to the shuttle docking.

Link to comment

Even better: If Crew Transfer passes, AutoTraitor stops traitor generation period. CT cannot be stopped anymore through IC means so having a traitor pop up with only 8 minutes (CT is 16 minutes, 3 from waiting, 2 for travel, but you can't do it within the last 5 minutes before it docks so that's 8 minutes removed) doesn't allow much of anything

Link to comment

Why not just have it stop at the 1:30 marker? Auto-traitor shouldn't just be wave after wave of new antags. It's not really conducive of an HRP environment. The initial waves will have created enough chaos that makes any newer waves rely on either joining in that prior existing gimmicks, or- the above.

Link to comment
43 minutes ago, AmoryBlaine said:

Why not just have it stop at the 1:30 marker? Auto-traitor shouldn't just be wave after wave of new antags. It's not really conducive of an HRP environment. The initial waves will have created enough chaos that makes any newer waves rely on either joining in that prior existing gimmicks, or- the above.

Rounds don't necessarily end at 2:00.

Link to comment
On 13/07/2019 at 13:16, AmoryBlaine said:

Why not just have it stop at the 1:30 marker? Auto-traitor shouldn't just be wave after wave of new antags. It's not really conducive of an HRP environment. The initial waves will have created enough chaos that makes any newer waves rely on either joining in that prior existing gimmicks, or- the above.

Agreeing with this. If the initial 'standard majority' of a round's worth of antagonists have been bested, there needn't be more. Good stories aren't made by constant conflict with no time to breathe, and adding in new antagonists after 1:30 tends to only overstress people in the 'active' departments who'd had to spend all their time dealing with the earlier threats. Worse even if said earlier threats are still active and the system only compounds on this, and ends up causing the round to end earlier because people no longer want to deal with the mess.

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/07/2019 at 15:49, Carver said:

[...] Worse even if said earlier threats are still active and the system only compounds on this, and ends up causing the round to end earlier because people no longer want to deal with the mess.

Autoantag currently checks for a simple condition:
If there are not sufficient active antags for the current population (there is a ratio somewhere), then new antags are added.
So new antags are only added during autotraitor if one (or more) of these conditions applies

  • The population increases
  • Antags die (or go to cryo)

The cynic in me would say: "If security wouldnt kill all the antags they find there wouldnt be a constant onslaught of antags".

That said, I definitely agree that no more antags should be added if shuttle is incoming, as this will just lead to rushed action by the antags.

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Arrow768 said:

Autoantag currently checks for a simple condition:
If there are not sufficient active antags for the current population (there is a ratio somewhere), then new antags are added.
So new antags are only added during autotraitor if one (or more) of these conditions applies

  • The population increases
  • Antags die (or go to cryo)

The cynic in me would say: "If security wouldnt kill all the antags they find there wouldnt be a constant onslaught of antags".

That said, I definitely agree that no more antags should be added if shuttle is incoming, as this will just lead to rushed action by the antags.

The cynic in me would say that antags who cryo in the brig's communal should count towards preventing new antags. Or, rather instead, that if someone has previously rolled traitor or similar in a round, they cannot do so again on another character within the same round. I'm not going to name names.

Link to comment
  • Gem locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...