Suit Cooling Units: Is this some kind of joke?

Right now. Suit Cooling Units are everywhere on the station. That's a good thing. It's wonderful that Nanotrasen as a company is so open minded to allowing synthetics to work among them.

However, all the suit cooling units contain a BASIC CELL. The power in a suit cooling unit, if activated runs out in a couple of minutes? Maybe ten? I kinda get the need for making people wanna interact with science, but as it stands, you need that thing on all the time if you're wearing a hardsuit. Even if you've got the helmet off, you can't wear the hardsuit without a cooling unit active.

Try being engineering, as a synth.

Do it.

Carp will breach the surface, and if you don't have a super capacity cell or higher, you'll get your suit on, get the cooler activated, and by the time you go up the elevator and get to the breach, you will have 30% charge left in the cooling unit. 

Considering this, it is quite obvious that NT is ran by sadists or something.

Who creates intelligent life, gives them bodies, jobs, homes, friends, etc etc, then provides them with a piece of equipment that will literally get them to burst into flames if they don't modify it?

It's just insane.

Print a high-cap cell from your vendor that has ten of them and put it in. It lasts a pretty decent amount of time. I did it all the time as my G2 engineer and rarely had problems.

However, I agree that basic cells are pretty useless for them, even as the equivalent of an emergency O2 tank. APC-grade cells would be a better default.

Yeah it's actually a joke bro, YOU JUST GOT PRANKED HAHA WOOOO that's what happens to IPC MAINS HAHA. #ladsladslads #prankedson

How long do oxygen tanks last for? Surely they should last at least as long as a fully filled tank  give or take imo.

• Gem locked this topic