Allow you to drink while wearing scarves.

Basically the title is self-explanatory: make it so you can drink while wearing scarves. It wouldn't mean much and it's a qol stuff. Also, you can drink with a breath mask so why not with a scarf. Alternatively add a "lower scarf" verb which would allow to do this.

Edited by Gangstafary
10 hours ago, Carver said:

Why are they not just an accessory? We can add accessories to overwear now, so there's no reason unless they're somehow a filter mask or some odd fellow uses them to protect from being sprayed by acid.

The item I have the issue with is the pioneer's scarf.

40 minutes ago, Carver said:

Well that one does cover the mouth.

Indeed, and so does a breath mask, yet you can perfectly eat and drink with it on. It's just a qol change that can't really be abused for powergamey reasons. Alternatively, I also suggested a "Lower scarf" verb to lower it and reveal the mouth without removing it.

28 minutes ago, Gangstafary said:

Indeed, and so does a breath mask, yet you can perfectly eat and drink with it on. It's just a qol change that can't really be abused for powergamey reasons. Alternatively, I also suggested a "Lower scarf" verb to lower it and reveal the mouth without removing it.

If the scarf would be lowerable, then I'd agree. It's likely a bug if you can eat/drink when your breath mask is up and over the mouth.

1 hour ago, Carver said:

If the scarf would be lowerable, then I'd agree. It's likely a bug if you can eat/drink when your breath mask is up and over the mouth.

If it's a bug, it's one of the oldest. Doubt it's a bug, since bugs are ultimately fixed soon or later. Maybe it's like that cause people complained about autoinhalers/pills/etc being unable to be used with a breath mask, while removing the breath mask in an oxyless environment even if just for a little bit could get you a popped lung if RNGesus thought it was your time.

Edited by Gangstafary

Indeed, it is not a bug. I just peeked at the code. Breath masks have a a FLEXIBLEMATERIAL flag which exists specifically to say "this item won't prevent you from eating/drinking." I imagine it was added for the reasons OP posted in the post above.

It's reasonable to assume you could move a scarf out of the way while eating/drinking without having to clog it up with a verb. All other scarves have this flag, just was left off the pioneer one.

I'll add the flag in a PR later if someone else doesn't get to it first. 

Edited by Doxxmedearly
20 minutes ago, Doxxmedearly said:

Indeed, it is not a bug. I just peeked at the code. Breath masks have a a FLEXIBLEMATERIAL flag which exists specifically to say "this item won't prevent you from eating/drinking." I imagine it was added for the reasons OP posted in the post above.

It's reasonable to assume you could move a scarf out of the way while eating/drinking without having to clog it up with a verb. All other scarves have this flag, just was left off the pioneer one.

I'll add the flag in a PR later if someone else doesn't get to it first. 

Thanks, really appreciate it since I barely know anything about coding, not to say I know nothing at all. Really weird that all scarves fulfill that "flexiblematerial" flag but the pioneer's one doesn't.

• Gem locked this topic