[1 Dismissal] Zombies RP -> Game Mode

So, I know that we all enjoy a Zombie RP event once a while. I've noticed that each time we have a "viral" shit hits the fan. It's always the zombies, I was honestly expecting legit Coronavirus event. So, we had a recent round event (b6p-dnjL) by ReadThisNamePlz had hosted. The outcome of this round was an obvious victory for Zombies. There were three crew transfer votes that people wanted to go and leave which were denied and threatened to bwoink if someone made another. Emergency Shuttle was also attempted which was outright recalled because "Odin has fallen and Icarus may fail" along the line. Command Staffs were debating what decisions to make, when we decided how we're going to assist the crew. The event handler posted a vote (which basically overrides our planning and time). Then, when we decided to make a new plan. The event handler posted another vote (making it clear for us that we don't have a voice). 

So, I say why not turn Zombies RP into a game mode rather mod/admin event and let the players decide their fate.  Let the players decide where the outcome of the situation should fall under. The players should stand up and be able to tackle these obstacles on their own. If zombie viruses are repetitively held as an event, then I or the general community can assume that the zombie virus is not bugged and works as it should. 

Edited by geeves
correction on wording

Zombies are completely and utterly broken. They are nearly impossible to kill, and can infect you through armor and voidsuits. They can use tools and equip gear. They are not fun to interact with, be around, fight, be, run away from, etc. If xenomorphs were removed because they were seen as being not conducive to RP (Which I disagree with), and were broken, zombies are like that but miles upon miles worse.

Hard no.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

The zombie game mode isn't good for our server's playstyle as a regulra game mode. Being a zombie suppresses your characters personality and you can't really scheme or do anything. being a vampire and spreading your vampirism is FAR better.

I really like zombie events, but I do have to agree that zombies need some major tweaks to mechanics before they can even be something to be voted for. They're ridiculously durable, pretty much guaranteed to infect you if they get more than one bite in, are not at all deterred by full body suits, and have no restrictions on mechanical skills beyond good faith RP. Still, I would love to see them overhauled and become an addition to the secret rotation!

As the mode stands now it pretty much ensures a complete decimation of the station and 90% of people becoming zombies. That would get old very fast, even if it was a vote only mode like malf.

• Gem locked this topic