[ACCEPTED] Unathi Marriage

Type: Societal Thingy
Describe this proposal in a single sentence (12 word maximum): legalized handholding after marriage to bind two souls together forever
How will this be reflected on-station?: i can probably add an item which would reflect this. you can also just say "oof ouch my palm hurts"
Does this faction/etc do anything not achieved by what already exists?: no
Why should this be given to lore developers rather than remain player created lore?: because it's difficult to get everyone on board with my headcanon about such a big thing
Do you understand that if this is submitted, you are signing it away to the lore team, and that it's possible that it will change over time in ways that you may not forsee?: yes

Long Description: alright so this is actually not that long because everyone hates long posts so here goes: Unathi marriage is done by holding a ceremony, the main details of it can be hashed out, but presumably the clan comes together, intermingles, meets eachother, etc. A shaman/priest handles the proceedings, and it's capped off by the couple coming together, slicing their palms and pressing them together. The mixing of the blood represents their souls entertwining and becoming bound to eachother even in afterlife. This process can likely be undone the same as one does an exorcism, but the Unathi gang can probably think more about that one. Yea that's it that's all I got.

Note: haydizzle held a gun against my head to do this send help. also this doesn't touch on the difference between the religions in how they'd conduct it. one idea is that sk'akh only does the finger because the palm is excessive or whatevs. it can be discussed rationally below in comments

Edited by Haydizzle
Accepted

Alright. Here's my fresh hot take on it.

There's nothing bad about this idea. In fact, this might be something I do myself. It's fun and simple and has a good idea behind it and plays into the spiritualism aspect really well.

However, I personally don't think it has enough merit to get past being player-created lore. Marriage ceremonies for unathi in particular are a pretty unique niche and are not something that would be utilized on station enough to be something I think should be on the wiki.

• 8 months later...

Almost forgot to get back to this.

I'm tentatively approving this application. With how the religion pages are turning out, I believe we wouldn't be bloating it with useless info by mentioning this. At best, it's a couple of sentences anyway.

• Haydizzle changed the title to [ACCEPTED] Unathi Marriage