StinkethStonketh - Head of Staff WL Application

Just had them as an antag, it's clear they did care about the quality of round and I can immediately say they know how to roleplay. I loved their character and even though the gimmick was overused it was executed amazingly because of how good their character was. The gimmick didn't last long either but I do hope to see them further. I've also chatted with them OOCly and seen how they think, with all these factors I think they deserve a trial. BIG BOY +1

Edited by DekserBecauseILostMyAccoun

Signing the station over to an antag with two hostages (drill techs) after giving them a bunch of money, some of your equipment, and doing so after speaking to the rest of command about it was a very strange series of events. Especially in conjunction with not mentioning the multiple all access cards being left around. I think you need to work on your communication.  

1 hour ago, Peppermint said:

Signing the station over to an antag with two hostages (drill techs) after giving them a bunch of money, some of your equipment, and doing so after speaking to the rest of command about it was a very strange series of events. Especially in conjunction with not mentioning the multiple all access cards being left around. I think you need to work on your communication.  

This is wrong on nearly every account.

1. I did not sign over the station. I think what you're saying here is, "You did not arrest/kill the antagonist, thus you failed." I had secured both the hostages, and had no other choice but to leave him for transfer- he was secured well and the round was coming to an end.

2. We had MANY antagonists, including a rogue security IPC, some whacko teleporting around and hiding said AA ids around while also strolling around in a mech

3. Janitor traitor lubing every hallway and leading us on a goose chase

4. Said hostage taker had previously murdered an assistant, and was clearly very willing to execute the hostages. On an IC basis, was I in the wrong? Surely, for prioritizing two miners over the station's security. But no I did not "sign over the station" and he was  stranded there by all means, so I informed odin-sec about him, and asked for faxes to be written several times. 

Considering all this, I think you are being needlessly harsh on an ooc level on how I handled several utterly insane situations. I informed you of the hostage situation with every update. You were the Chief Medical Officer and thus had no real firsthand account of what happened that round from a security perspective. I believe this feedback holds no weight on me as a player or a head of staff.

19 hours ago, WaterPumpJohnny said:

This is wrong on nearly every account.

1. I did not sign over the station. I think what you're saying here is, "You did not arrest/kill the antagonist, thus you failed." I had secured both the hostages, and had no other choice but to leave him for transfer- he was secured well and the round was coming to an end.

2. We had MANY antagonists, including a rogue security IPC, some whacko teleporting around and hiding said AA ids around while also strolling around in a mech

3. Janitor traitor lubing every hallway and leading us on a goose chase

4. Said hostage taker had previously murdered an assistant, and was clearly very willing to execute the hostages. On an IC basis, was I in the wrong? Surely, for prioritizing two miners over the station's security. But no I did not "sign over the station" and he was  stranded there by all means, so I informed odin-sec about him, and asked for faxes to be written several times. 

Considering all this, I think you are being needlessly harsh on an ooc level on how I handled several utterly insane situations. I informed you of the hostage situation with every update. You were the Chief Medical Officer and thus had no real firsthand account of what happened that round from a security perspective. I believe this feedback holds no weight on me as a player or a head of staff.

I was observing as staff, actually. I was not the CMO and given I was on to handle tickets and keep an eye on the round, I have plenty of context for each and every one of these things. I'm very curious as to the grounds of your accusation here. 

1) Leaving the antag to just do whatever he wanted on the station after transfer was absolutely what happened.

2) So? You're expected to handle chaotic rounds. That's how the role is. You're still expected to do your best and, honestly? From what I saw, it really wasn't that bad.

3) Okay? It's a janitor with lube. Not exactly your department getting shot up by mercs.

4) How you handle these things is up to you. I have no problem with giving into their demands up until the point where they asked for more, and more, and more - which I believe ended in you getting arrested by Odin CP because of it all?

Complaining about feedback and advice in the main discord also isn't really all too great - I was offering help with my first post, not condemning your actions and this is the entire point of the trial. Nobody gets it right first try. -1.

EDIT: Been told I came across as not all too nice and polite in the above, so I've rephrased some bits and do apologise - not my intention

Feedback1.thumb.JPG.c54ca261d691c7bdffad17f51344bf2e.JPG

feedback2.JPG.c0eddb8956dbf2e6add51d863c365970.JPG

2 hours ago, Peppermint said:

I was observing as staff, actually. I was not the CMO and given I was on to handle tickets and keep an eye on the round, I have plenty of context for each and every one of these things. I'm very curious as to the grounds of your accusation here. 

1) Leaving the antag to just do whatever he wanted on the station after transfer was absolutely what happened.

2) So? You're expected to handle chaotic rounds. That's how the role is. You're still expected to do your best and, honestly? From what I saw, it really wasn't that bad.

3) Okay? It's a janitor with lube. Not exactly your department getting shot up by mercs.

4) How you handle t Ihese things is up to you. I have no problem with giving into their demands up until the point where they asked for more, and more, and more - which I believe ended in you getting arrested by Odin CP because of it all?

Oh, and complaining about feedback and suggestions in the main discord is not a good look. -1.

Feedback1.thumb.JPG.c54ca261d691c7bdffad17f51344bf2e.JPG

I'm a bit rightfully annoyed here. The "janitor with lube" literally slipped us into a crusher and sent us flying 20 tiles away. And I made sure everyone was evacuated from the station. I think my response ICly was valid. Should I have just not negotiated at all and instead killed the antagonist/hostage taker, ignoring the hostages completely? Idk, man. And I was arrested by Odin solely based off of your allegations, and that arrest ICly I have no problems with, IC is IC, again. I'll add that you were the ONLY one I encountered oocly who thought this way, and I respect your opinion, but in all honesty it's kind of a wierd take to say I'm in the wrong for "losing". And again, I did not SIGN OVER the station. I did the very best I could, and "from what you saw", respectfully, was really not all that much.

feedback2.JPG.c0eddb8956dbf2e6add51d863c365970.JPG

Edited by WaterPumpJohnny

Okay, so I'm super tired but want to post this tonight before I forget. This is my feedback for you

Good things:

Playing along with Antagonists, I've noticed you tend to play along with most antagonists and let them do their thing, while still also in some way resisting them slightly, but I do also think you need to work on where you draw your line, making it clearer so antagonists know which line to cross to get a fight going, and not just constantly rolling over for them.

Improv, you do very good improv, and it's refreshing to see.

Bad things:

Communication, in the round I played with your HoS, Zohair, your communication was awful, and communication is one of the most important things I think when it comes to command staff. Before the Liason essentially took control of me and the rest of the Zavod boys in sec, everyone was spinning their wheels waiting to hear anything remotely order wise from you, other then incredibly vauge "interpose them" or "hold them", with no reason given as to why. There wasn't even a strategy formulated to take down the Ninja's while they were teleporting around, until me, butter and clem jury rigged one together ourselves.

OOC Behavior, your OOC behavior isn't exactly good, I recall you talking about forum feedback on discord, complaining that people were only commenting because they are mad at you, and that it was mostly of non-substance. While I understand how you may feel, I think that complaining about it in a public discord isn't the right move.(If necessary, I can pull logs.)

Going off alone, Your HoS tended to do things alot just by themselves, they ran into maints with nothing but a disruptor chasing after Ninja's, with no backup, they negotiated without telling anyone what was happening, and in a merc round I had with you, you essentially completed ignore the gimmick and tried to do your own thing. It can get incredibly frustrating as a subordinate to command when they're off doing things but won't tell you what, or won't involve you.

With these things, combined with other behaviors people have outlined earlier in the app, I don't think you're fit as of now to have a command whitelist. You're an amazing RPer and I hope you reapply again in the future once you get a better hang of things, because then I'd give you my full throated support. But for now

Edited by Triogenix

I think you have potential, but you being a relatively recent entry (or re-entry) to the server shows a lot. During the round I played with your Commander, you jumped to conclusions, weren't making sure staff were actually carrying out your orders, and failing to communicate with your team. 

I genuinely think this is a case of "needing more time in the oven." Given some time to acquire more operational and leadership knowledge, you'd make an excellent addition to the Command Team, but for now, I will leave a -1.

13 hours ago, Butterrobber202 said:

I think you have potential, but you being a relatively recent entry (or re-entry) to the server shows a lot. During the round I played with your Commander, you jumped to conclusions, weren't making sure staff were actually carrying out your orders, and failing to communicate with your team. 

I genuinely think this is a case of "needing more time in the oven." Given some time to acquire more operational and leadership knowledge, you'd make an excellent addition to the Command Team, but for now, I will leave a -1.

Hi can I have some examples of this? + it isn't easy to gain "operational and leadership knowledge" if you cannot play the role, thus, I feel it is a little bit unfair to judge ENTIRELY based off of that- I do get what you're saying but still

14 hours ago, Triogenix said:

Okay, so I'm super tired but want to post this tonight before I forget. This is my feedback for you

Good things:

Playing along with Antagonists, I've noticed you tend to play along with most antagonists and let them do their thing, while still also in some way resisting them slightly, but I do also think you need to work on where you draw your line, making it clearer so antagonists know which line to cross to get a fight going, and not just constantly rolling over for them.

Improv, you do very good improv, and it's refreshing to see.

Bad things:

Communication, in the round I played with your HoS, Zohair, your communication was awful, and communication is one of the most important things I think when it comes to command staff. Before the Liason essentially took control of me and the rest of the Zavod boys in sec, everyone was spinning their wheels waiting to hear anything remotely order wise from you, other then incredibly vauge "interpose them" or "hold them", with no reason given as to why. There wasn't even a strategy formulated to take down the Ninja's while they were teleporting around, until me, butter and clem jury rigged one together ourselves.

OOC Behavior, your OOC behavior isn't exactly good, I recall you talking about forum feedback on discord, complaining that people were only commenting because they are mad at you, and that it was mostly of non-substance. While I understand how you may feel, I think that complaining about it in a public discord isn't the right move.(If necessary, I can pull logs.)

Going off alone, Your HoS tended to do things alot just by themselves, they ran into maints with nothing but a disruptor chasing after Ninja's, with no backup, they negotiated without telling anyone what was happening, and in a merc round I had with you, you essentially completed ignore the gimmick and tried to do your own thing. It can get incredibly frustrating as a subordinate to command when they're off doing things but won't tell you what, or won't involve you.

With these things, combined with other behaviors people have outlined earlier in the app, I don't think you're fit as of now to have a command whitelist. You're an amazing RPer and I hope you reapply again in the future once you get a better hang of things, because then I'd give you my full throated support. But for now

Hi, I'm gonna say that the  >Going off alone, Your HoS tended to do things alot just by themselves, they ran into maints with nothing but a disruptor chasing after Ninja's, with no backup, they negotiated without telling anyone what was happening, and in a merc round I had with you, you essentially completed ignore the gimmick and tried to do your own thing. It can get incredibly frustrating as a subordinate to command when they're off doing things but won't tell you what, or won't involve you.< is completely wrong... I did not "completely ignore" the gimmick. And I did not "chase the ninja with no backup," it was more a panic thing (the disruptor) because literally I shit you not in the lobby they grabbed the prisoner (who they were trying to rescue, at the time I thought kidnap) from the hands of the other 2 officers as the officers kind of just stood there and watched. Idk. I understand what you're saying but I feel like you've misjudged it a lot here. ALSO. I had the bluespace inhibitor turned on and had barriers setup at the maint airlocks. (RP-wise it'd make sense that an inhibitor would work, no?)  my character is also a dominian noble associated with House Strelitz, which is in part why he gave a bit of leeway to the Zavodski liason, and why he was so foolhardy with the IPCs. I understand what you're saying and think your feedback is valid, but I do have to disagree with part of it. 

Besides, I think it's very boring to have security characters be *perfect* and constantly do the exact correct approach. I could do that, I assure you, but I think it'd make the rounds and character a lot more flat. Part of it is giving antags leeway, as I appreciate you acknowledging.

++, security is ALWAYS the most staffed department, and command constantly get on your ass if you don't constantly update them: this, and security should have some self-sufficiency. I feel like it'd be nice to have some leeway in that regards in terms of ooc whitelist consideration. It's a LOT harder than, say, being the Chief Medical Officer- it isn't like you're constantly expected to report everyone who comes in for triage, not to say CMO isn't hell in its own regard.  

LAST THING- I made it very clear why we were holding the scientist before. You also have to understand, again, that I have to repeat EVERYTHING over command channel or I get shat on for it. It was because we suspected him of busting into the vault and also because two, y'know, cloaked IPCs were chasing after him.  

I know this is long winded lmao

As some have pointed out and as I have deduced, I think a large majority of my criticism is sourced around the fact that I am playing HoS during my trial: quite frankly, I don't think most of the qualms are with my RP, but more that I'm still adjusting to HoS as a role- I understand the criticism and I'm prepared to learn from it, but I think this should be taken into consideration.

Your characters have strong personality traits and show off lore well, as well as add that much-needed spice to an usual round. Your roleplay is really strong, and you excel in creating that bit of drama. You're also fair and understand round flow, allowing antags to get their gimmicks out and giving that lee-way needed. However, I have noticed that communication is usually something that could be improved on.

There have been numerous occasions where something was asked multiple times, but a response never came. The same goes when asking for something, but never replying to the question of your location, or anything other follow-ups. The previous round that just ended is a good example, where you requested investigators to provide you with the investigation files. They didn't know your location so they asked, multiple times, and never got a response. As a result, they have been waiting awkwardly for a response, or an appearance in the brig, for up to a quarter of an hour before giving up entirely. This is one out of many, many cases where this happened.

I'm well-aware how much of a nightmare it is to try to play the character and keep up with the constant flow of communication both on radio and in person, but just something to perhaps focus on in the future as it leaves a lot of people in frustrating limbo.

If you improve on the communication front, that's a definite +1 from me.

Edited by Ramke
Changed my mind, time to stop being a centrist

Hi, I play IRU-Joyeuse and I've had a few rounds with you now. I wouldn't really class the investigator role as a 'play to win' role, so I'm not gonna touch in your competence when it comes to that aspect of HOS play.

What I am going to say, though, is that from the first interaction we had (you stonewalling me to stop me, an IPC, from conducting an autopsy on another Dominian), I was curious to see whether you'd be able to play the anti-positronic angle in a way that didn't feel like getting softcore griefed by my department head. A lot of Dominian HOSes tend to just gloss over it or ignore it entirely, at least from my point of view.

I think I've had three or four full or partial rounds under you now and I can confidently say you're a HoS I personally enjoy seeing on the manifest. None of the rounds have been mega chaotic, but I think it's clear you have a grasp on what you're doing. I thought your communication was fine, I didn't feel sidelined or overlooked on an OOC level, and I definitely saw you giving antags a ton of leeway ICly even when OOCly it was obvious who the bad guy was. You definitely missed a few messages here or there, but I don't think it was anything unsalvageable.

A lot of your negative feedback seems to be coming from louder roundtypes, though, which I don't think I've been able to play with you on yet. You can improve on your communication and situational awareness for sure, I think, but as far as your roleplay ability and willingness to play in good faith with antags go, I think you're already hitting the mark.

I'll give you the +1 based on what I've seen. Good luck!

18 hours ago, Omicega said:

Hi, I play IRU-Joyeuse and I've had a few rounds with you now. I wouldn't really class the investigator role as a 'play to win' role, so I'm not gonna touch in your competence when it comes to that aspect of HOS play.

What I am going to say, though, is that from the first interaction we had (you stonewalling me to stop me, an IPC, from conducting an autopsy on another Dominian), I was curious to see whether you'd be able to play the anti-positronic angle in a way that didn't feel like getting softcore griefed by my department head. A lot of Dominian HOSes tend to just gloss over it or ignore it entirely, at least from my point of view.

I think I've had three or four full or partial rounds under you now and I can confidently say you're a HoS I personally enjoy seeing on the manifest. None of the rounds have been mega chaotic, but I think it's clear you have a grasp on what you're doing. I thought your communication was fine, I didn't feel sidelined or overlooked on an OOC level, and I definitely saw you giving antags a ton of leeway ICly even when OOCly it was obvious who the bad guy was. You definitely missed a few messages here or there, but I don't think it was anything unsalvageable.

A lot of your negative feedback seems to be coming from louder roundtypes, though, which I don't think I've been able to play with you on yet. You can improve on your communication and situational awareness for sure, I think, but as far as your roleplay ability and willingness to play in good faith with antags go, I think you're already hitting the mark.

I'll give you the +1 based on what I've seen. Good luck!

Thanks- the autopsy thing was kind of contextual, playing Dominian HoS really IS a fine line between just ruining the round for your synthetic sec and playing dominian just for the cape. Appreciate the feedback. I've seen a lot of the time that I miss/ignore certain messages or don't provide enough locational data, so I'll definitely work on that. 

From just a RP perspective, I like the HoS because it feels like their background matters to them. It gives a good representation of Dominia to others. I think a lot of the time in command people find it hard to balance or show the prejudices, falling back on just saying "Goddess" a lot and going for the "safe" polite and fancy talking noble archetype. Your HoS is a very refreshing take on things.

Other than that, I haven't noticed anything too negative when it comes to actual command play, but I also haven't been playing sec lately and can't really do so for now.

24 minutes ago, WickedCybs said:

From just a RP perspective, I like the HoS because it feels like their background matters to them. It gives a good representation of Dominia to others. I think a lot of the time in command people find it hard to balance or show the prejudices, falling back on just saying "Goddess" a lot and going for the "safe" polite and fancy talking noble archetype. Your HoS is a very refreshing take on things.

Other than that, I haven't noticed anything too negative when it comes to actual command play, but I also haven't been playing sec lately and can't really do so for now.

Thanks! It is hard to play a CONSISTENT character while also balancing another thousand things. 

2 hours ago, WaterPumpJohnny said:

Thanks- the autopsy thing was kind of contextual, playing Dominian HoS really IS a fine line between just ruining the round for your synthetic sec and playing dominian just for the cape. Appreciate the feedback. I've seen a lot of the time that I miss/ignore certain messages or don't provide enough locational data, so I'll definitely work on that. 

I realise re-reading this that it looks a bit like I was complaining about the autopsy thing. I actually really liked that, just as a note -- it wasn't an issue at all. It made me hopeful to see how you'd continue from there, rather than pessimistic!

1 hour ago, Omicega said:

I realise re-reading this that it looks a bit like I was complaining about the autopsy thing. I actually really liked that, just as a note -- it wasn't an issue at all. It made me hopeful to see how you'd continue from there, rather than pessimistic!

Ah, alright- even if it was pessimistic, I'd be  unoffended.