Make Molotovs great again

Colfer

I saw a person try to throw a Molotov cocktail at security and it hit the security officer, but didn't go off, then the security officer threw it back, and it hit the floor but didn't go off, then that guy threw it back and it missed the security officer and didn't go off, fast forward 6 more times and the guy was detained by security, that molotov never went off despite hitting multiple people and the floor repeatedly. This isn't acceptable, bashing somebody over the head with a bottle and lighting them on fire is consistent 100% of the time, so how is throwing the bottle at full force at somebody not consistently breaking it, much less having an apparent really low chance of doing so.

This suggestion is to just straight up remove the chance that molotovs will break, and instead requesting them to break every time they are thrown.

I was just told that molotovs apparently will only break when thrown on harm intent, maybe instead of that, they break if thrown on any intent. I misunderstood and assumed that it was just a chance to break like many other things being chanced based

• 1 month later...

I did some testing.

If you throw a bottle on harm intent it almost always breaks. Like, a 90%+ chance. I tried with 25 bottles and I had it one time that one bottle did not break on the first attempt. It doesn't matter if the bottle hits an obstacle or the floor. It breaks almost guaranteed.

Second observed problem: Molotov didn't go off. Alcohol is not a liquid that burns in the game. You have to use welder fuel. If you use welder fuel, then the broken bottle spawns fire and this quickly spreads to however many tiles are affected (depending on it's size). 

Using booze as molotovs does not work and it probably shouldn't. 

If you dont use harm intent then the bottle just straight up doesnt break. Takes forever, which lines up with what you describe. I assume the person in question didn't use harm intent. 

All in all I think molotovs work as intended. 

Edited by KingOfThePing
On 16/06/2022 at 03:39, KingOfThePing said:

Right. I am not sure what consequences it would have for gameplay purposes when you make booze flammable.

I will test this, if it impacts gameplay in a negative way.

Honestly, make certain booze types flammable. Beer? Nah. Tequilla/Vodka? Yeah. That'd balance it out/add to the realism. 

Pure ethanol should be the most flammable though.

The problem is more how fluids other than welder fuel behaves. I uh, don't think that should be changed. So I either have to think about a workaround or we have to accept how it is.

The main complaint on why this thread has been made has been disproven, though-

• Gem locked this topic