Move the sprint key from the spacebar to the shift key

restricted

8 hours ago, Carver said:

If it remains exclusive to hotkey toggle then this seems like an okay idea, I will just hope it doesn’t fumble anything for us OG control users who shift click to examine everything.

From my experience with it on other servers it did mean that if you examine on the move you'd briefly sprint while going for the examine, which is a bit annoying. But overall I like my spacebar for macros, having it be reserved for sprint annoys me ever so slightly.

3 minutes ago, restricted said:

Other servers have this implemented or have had this implemented.

I think that depends on the underlying system that relays all the keys without relying on skin.dmf to process them into commands, and then use the backed to process what they do; when I tried it it didn't work as far as I remember, but if you can manage to have it working with shift, feel free to PR it and move it from the spacebar to shift, as it would indeed be a better option

I'm in favor of keeping it to space, honestly. Set a macro for whatever button you want to toggle mov_intent(?) and there you go. Space is an alternative for shorter bursts. Adding it to shift would make examining a pain and combat while sprinting worse methinks.

Bay also has it set to space for similar reasons I'm pretty sure.

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/12/2023 at 03:50, Butterrobber202 said:

i dont care what happens but please get mov_intent of my spacebar. I used it as my resist key, and I do not want to combo shift, crlt or alt to get out of grabs.

I can't agree with this more. Please revert this change -- I've been using spacebar as my resist key for years. At the very least, you could make it not totally override my keybind macros and just set both things to occur when I push it, instead of forcing a key binding on me I didn't even want in the first place.