New ID + PDA Wombo Combo

Susan

5a4df87afe.png

Left to right: Normal, Heads, Captain, Centcomm, Emag, Guest ID, Expired Guest ID

b1229130ac.png

Left to right: Chemist, Medical Doctor, Virologist, Geneticist, CMO

Scientist, Roboticist, RD

Atmos Tech, Engineer, CE

Officer, Warden, Detective, Hoss DELGADO

Asstaint/Normal, Janitor, Chaplain, IA, Librarian

Miner, Cargo tech, QM

Botanist, Chef, Barman, HOP, Captain

Syndiekats

YAY OR NAY?

Love the IDs. Not a fan of the gaudy and flat PDAs, the bright blue NT background is harder on the eyes than the current, very plain olive/blueish backgrounds, unless there happens to be some sort of option to swap to a version of that Syndie background, sans the prohibition symbol.

Love, love, love the current PDAs. They're perfect as they are. These remind me of, say, a handheld GPS. They look very out of place with the current setting. As stated, I'm very content with the current design.

Then there's the IDs. The current ones are quite atrocious, and in dire need of replacing, however I don't see these as very suitable replacements.

To be frank, they kind of remind me of combs.

For brushing hair.

I like the current PDAs as is, as little squares of glass that look sooper futuristic. However, the new IDs would be an improvement from the suspiciously phallic looking ones that we have currently.

Syndie McTerrorist [#unkn] says, "Guys I got the big floppy golden dildo"

New PDAs kinda look more like PDAs then the current ones, which look like high tech Tablets. But then again, we don't really use the PDAs like PDAs anyhow, more like lo-tech Tablets...

No kidding, we could do with a map of the station with pinpointers of "YOU ARE HERE" flashing in amazing yellow.

New PDAs kinda look more like PDAs then the current ones, which look like high tech Tablets. But then again, we don't really use the PDAs like PDAs anyhow, more like lo-tech Tablets...

No kidding, we could do with a map of the station with pinpointers of "YOU ARE HERE" flashing in amazing yellow.

We theoretically have the code for that. It's already used for the Medical Suit Sensor computer. But it's bugged because it uses the baystation map instead of ours.

• 3 weeks later...

Checked again now that the image is fixed. Wow, that's a hard call to make. Well, I really like the new IDs, like I said before. I'm really torn about the new PDAs. A part of what I like about the PDAs we currently have is that they're nice and sleek. They seem like something that you'd expect to see a bunch of corporate space men using, although I admit that I can't imagine how you would wear one realistically.

The new ones look like PDAs. And in that regard, they're really well-done. The sprite is nice and makes a lot of sense.

But... they look like PDAs, not future-tech PDAs. I work with machines a lot, and I used to have a big ol' box full of older PDAs in this style. We threw them out because they're basically worthless at this point -- nobody uses them. So, I think the spriting itself is good, but it's not my preferred aesthetic for a PDA.