[Resolved] Aboshehab told me i violated a rule that does not exist.

i was playing a 3 hour round as a xenobiologist,

the entire xenobio section of the aurora wiki is BLANK...

i read the bay 12 wiki for a guide, and though it says that to borgs and the AI a slime person is not strictly human anymore it makes no mention of it being illegal.

i used a green slime extract after i was given permission from the captain to experiment on myself, and i took the extract to medbay who oversaw my transformation

at the end of the round i was accosted by security and cuffed and dumped back in my lab after my id was taken...

an ahelp to Aboshehab resulted in ME being warned about breaking a rule by 'self antaging' despite no such rule existing on the aurora wiki, even though i did everything correctly as far as i saw or had access to.

i have had multiple encounters with Aboshehab, i believe when he is playing a hostile character that i have IC issues with (conjecture on my part)

and it is safe to say we do not get along.

i feel the situation was handled completely incorrectly, and if there is a link to the rule i would love to see it ... i was not provided with a link to that rule after about 15 requests to Aboshehab because he was unable to find it, even though he expected me to know it.

security is overly aggressive on aurora as many people know and rather than warn them about overly hostile behavior, he jumped my case instead.

I'm not involved in the interaction between the two players, but I do want to point out real quick that there is a notice which indicates that a 'transformative xenobiological experiment' (e.g., turning someone into a slime or slimeperson) is effectively murder/suicide, and it has generally not been allowed IC in the past. It results in the legal death of the person being transformed and is therefore not something most non-antags do.

Another player asked for clarification on this notice in this thread where Jackboot confirmed that interpretation of the language.

so, then your assertion is that i should have read every thread and every reply to know this rule?

Nah, that's just conjecture.

Let's look at the server rules page real quick, which I've organized into the relevant ones for convenience.

771a771dc232387325a326d5a816a8fc.png

No believable character would ever realistically experiment on themselves without good reason, certainly not with something they suspect will transform them into a non-human slime-being for no reason whatsoever.

I've tried to be sympathetic with you on-server, but really man, it's heavy roleplay. You don't experiment on yourself in your workplace. I'll be incredibly surprised if you were actually warned unless you responded rudely.

You were no longer human, so sec were by station regulations well within their rights to arrest you and science was well within their rights to experiment on you.

Also:

i have had multiple encounters with Aboshehab, i believe when he is playing a hostile character that i have IC issues with (conjecture on my part)

Try not to mix up IC and OOC stuff. People play some pretty rude characters who are lovely people.

so, then your assertion is that i should have read every thread and every reply to know this rule?

The assumption is that you use your noggin and read the rules, and understand what applications of said rules would get you into trouble. There are some people who have played on this server for two to three years that have never actually broken a rule, most likely because they actually bothered to ask questions before doing things, which makes them worse off if they don't because the consequences for doing said actions are a lot less foreseeable compared if you actually asked the question.

I was in medical that round, I heard nothing from the captain about helping you with the experiment, hell i reported it and someone told me to call security. I also ahelped to check if it was valid, which turned out to be not the case. I tried to explain to why you fucked up ICly, but it turns out the mention on slimification wasn't in station directives, but it does mention experiments.

Xenobiology is one of the places that start with monkey cubes that you can test all sort of things on, I can't fathom why you would turn yourself into a slime with no genetic backup or anything for an experiment.

close the complaint then ... it is turning out exactly as i expected.

admins will be admins.

kinda like real world police ... they stick together and none are ever held accountable.

(probably ad hominem)

i went through the proper channels, i mutated myself (with no pain... at all ... at least not so far as game mechanics go)

mostly becasue i had been in medbay about 12 times in 3 days playing xenobiologist ...

can you imagine ... a dude trying not to get killed in his dept...

i guess wearing a hardsuit in space is OP self antaging since you weren't born with it on.

being a slime person > getting eaten by slimes

and as stated there IS NO hard and fast rule about not sliming oneself on this server ... still waiting for someone to point me to it if there is.

i've asked in and out of game about 50 times now. everything that has been pointed to me has been nothing but opinion and interpretation.

so i recommend you add it to the wiki if it means that much to you that you feel the need to ruin someone's round over it.

especially with 10 alien species freely walking the halls of the station ... it's beyond ludicrous, especially given that you gain no abilities besides slime immunity.

i literally passed a geneticist with super powers the other day and no one gave a single shit.

he "had the captain's permission" so i guess his job required him to have super powers?

yet when i got the captain's permission i got hostility from the HOS. i was ignored and assaulted ... but hey ... that's all IC i guess...

my problem is when i AHelp (pretty much anything) i get a real "fuck you" vibe from anyone who answers.

and if you cannot point out an actual rule i broke then you have 0 business giving e a warning.

but as i said earlier ... close the ticket ... i knew the result before i filled it out.

Hi so, I'll start by linking the staff complaint format, I'd advise you modify it so that it fits the criteria we have for complaints.

https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=22

My next point will be moving on towards the full warning itself, something you did not show in full, your warning was not just about turning yourself into a slime person, it includes the hostile nature of your attitude you've presented to people.

oFA6s7g.png

Here is also a note regarding the previous time I spoke to you, which I'll note is slightly modified as it contained instructions to staff.

5cmNf8y.png

Now, let's move on to the logs.

I'll show an LOOC piece of chatter you directed at people as you disagreed with the in-character action of people.

"LOOC" Traunt Higgins/(actualdracula)(JMP): you need to get off your fucking power trip asshole

Now to the actual discussion between the two of us. For the sake of clarification, there was a mishap of who took the adminhelp presented by ActualDracula between Pikl and myself, so do note putting in logs between ActualDracula and Pikl is relevant here, the earlier parts may be confusing but it was a mishmash between the two of us until we corrected it.

The Ahelps in question.

Request for Help: ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?) (DIBS) (PP) (JMP): so sec is arresting me for being a slime (?) despite dispensation from the captain

Request for Help: ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?) (DIBS) (PP) (JMP): can you do anyhitng abou that beforethe shuttle leaves?

The part between Pikl and Actual Dracula.

Pikl to ActualDracula: The moment you slime yourself you lose the perks of being a person. We really can't help

ActualDracula to Pikl: i have dispensation from the CAPTAIN

ActualDracula to Pikl: jesus christ ... you fve fucking insect peiople and robit people ... but i can;t do anyhitng as a slime person

ActualDracula to Pikl: give me a fuckign break

ActualDracula to Pikl: so i get cuffed and dumpped in the lab?

Between myself and Actual Dracula, I'll be breaking the conversation into sections and explaining things for context.

to ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): You're effectively dead and your contract terminated. You're research material now.

to ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): You're not even allowed to slime yourself, it's self antagging.

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): slimes have no powers

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): how is it self ataging ?

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): that;s like saying getting borged is self antaging

Do note borging others or asking to be borged for incorrect reasons or lack of permission does violate a few rules, depending on the severity of it we either permit it to play out in-character or take action as staff if it is severe enough.

to ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): I know, but this is essentially killing yourself. IC'ly, your character is dead, you're a slime person.

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): and it it;s not allowed then disable green slimes

to ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): Contracted terminated from Nanotrasen as well.

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): well fuck this then

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): did you talk to the capttain ?

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): or does going through the captain not matter on this server?

to ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): I'm going to have to apply a warning for this, and I've spoken to you about being aggressive in LOOC to people. Security will be spoken to but you still violated the rules.

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): point me to the rule

Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): i want to see it in writing

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): i was not aggressive to anyone in looc

I'll point again to the comment you said I stated above. We try to stop these type of hostilities before it gets too big. Fostering a fun and enjoyable environment is something we strive for.

to ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): Characters must be believable, and well-rounded. No insane or psychotic characters. No Mary Sues. (Over the top characters, characters who know too much, have no weaknesses, etcetera.)

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): i;m not doing that at all

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): i played a normal xenobiologist all round

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): sec didn;t do their jobs ... plain and simple

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): they were told by me and the medicl personnel who oversaw my transformation tht i had dispensation

to ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): And a normal xenobiologist would NOT slime themselves, effectively signing their life off as a research test subject, legally dead and their work contract terminated.

It is my firm opinion that no one under normal circumstances would like to be considered a test subject and to have their contract terminated under normal circumstances, not to mention the fact you're essentially dead. Had someone turned you, it would be homicide and in the case of regulations, charge of murder would apply if intentional.

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): they ignored everyone and dis as they felt like doing

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): unless they had the caps permmission?

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): i did everything right and you just wanan side with hte sec who is likely an admin

Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): sure man .... great round up until the power tripping fuck sticks

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): if i was self antaging i would have used the 50 oil cores to explode the station

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): but hey whatever

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): i literally had the chemist make the mutagen for me after removing the slime toxin ...

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): i injected myself in medbay

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): also still waiting for a link to the rule about sliming onesself

to ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): I spoke with everyone involved. They did not clear for you to specifically slime yourself. You're expected to not slime yourself at all. This is stipulated by CCIA

Logs of the two relevant people soon to follow.

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): please a link

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): still waiting for that link'

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): probably on page 32984 in a footnote

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): and if it is illegal ... then medbay and the captain partissipated

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): medbay had full knowledge of what i was doing

to ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): The Captain permitted you to self experiment, this does not translate to sliming yourself. Chemistry was assisting you with your job, under the impression you know what's up.

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): link to the rule please

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): u know how i know u can;t find it? .... the entire xenobio section of aurora wiki is effing blank

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): that's how i know there is NO such rule

to ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): Alright, I've explained everything to you. If you feel my judgement to be unfair, you're free to make a staff complaint.

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): i do and i will ....

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): and i;m still waiting for a link you cannot provide

to ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): Rule button is also top right of the browser.

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): i violated a rule that does not exist

[Player PM] ActualDracula/(Traunt Higgins)(?): apparently

Onto the two people I contacted, Captain and Head of Security.

to JKJudgeX/(Nathan Corvo)(?): Hello, just need a moment of your time. Did you permit the xenobiologist to slime themselves?

Player PM] JKJudgeX/(Nathan Corvo)(?): they asked if they could do experiments and I said yes, things were hectic

to JKJudgeX/(Nathan Corvo)(?): Did they specify the sliming part?

[Player PM] JKJudgeX/(Nathan Corvo)(?): No, I don't think so? I think they said self experimentation?

Player PM] JKJudgeX/(Nathan Corvo)(?): Which I guess would mean sliming, I'm not sure I don't know xenobio?

to JKJudgeX/(Nathan Corvo)(?): It's alright, just needed to verify a few things. This is something the xenobiologist should know themselves.

to XanderDox/(Klaus Eliade)(?): Hello. Was the xenobiologist permitted to slime themselves or anything?

[Player PM] XanderDox/(Klaus Eliade)(?): He was not permitted to my knowledge to slime himself, CCIA regulations say that when someone slimes themselves, they are to be kept in a science cell because they are no longer legally a person.

to XanderDox/(Klaus Eliade)(?): Yeah, you did nothing wrong, I'm just making sure I get the full picture. Thank you for your time.

With all that in mind, I stand firm with my decision.

Onto something you wrote that I'd like to contest.

To put it bluntly, I didn't really know you until the two times in which I spoke to you. I think you'd be hard pushed to find that I hate any individual. Furthermore, I don't think I've ever interacted with your character.

Guest Menown

You're being incredibly condescending.

When you became a slime person, you effectively ended your contract with NanoTrasen. You are no longer you, and you would at that point be placed into xenobiology as a test subject. GG, your character is permadead. That's what the admins were trying to get through to you. If you were given permission to perform the transformation, that'd be okay, but you also left Research, which is a violation of the station directives that can be found at any request console in-game.

"

Regarding Scientific Experimentation & Warehouse contents - Station Directive 4

To clarify the expectations and obligations of Research staff, what they can make, how and where they can use experimental technology or the works thereof. The supply department is designated to hold and distribute various supplies within the confines of their warehouse.

All avenues of research available are permitted for experimentation by those deemed qualified by Nanotrasen in that specific field of Science. However, unless an emergency situation calls for application and authorization is granted, the works and derivatives of the Research staff are to remain within their respective labs and testing areas. The contents of the cargo warehouse from past shifts are not regarded as contraband if it remains in the warehouse or is in transit to a delivery location or method.

"

close the complaint then ... it is turning out exactly as i expected.

admins will be admins.

kinda like real world police ... they stick together and none are ever held accountable.

(probably ad hominem)

i went through the proper channels, i mutated myself (with no pain... at all ... at least not so far as game mechanics go)

mostly becasue i had been in medbay about 12 times in 3 days playing xenobiologist ...

can you imagine ... a dude trying not to get killed in his dept...

i guess wearing a hardsuit in space is OP self antaging since you weren't born with it on.

being a slime person > getting eaten by slimes

and as stated there IS NO hard and fast rule about not sliming oneself on this server ... still waiting for someone to point me to it if there is.

i've asked in and out of game about 50 times now. everything that has been pointed to me has been nothing but opinion and interpretation.

so i recommend you add it to the wiki if it means that much to you that you feel the need to ruin someone's round over it.

especially with 10 alien species freely walking the halls of the station ... it's beyond ludicrous, especially given that you gain no abilities besides slime immunity.

i literally passed a geneticist with super powers the other day and no one gave a single shit.

he "had the captain's permission" so i guess his job required him to have super powers?

yet when i got the captain's permission i got hostility from the HOS. i was ignored and assaulted ... but hey ... that's all IC i guess...

my problem is when i AHelp (pretty much anything) i get a real "fuck you" vibe from anyone who answers.

and if you cannot point out an actual rule i broke then you have 0 business giving e a warning.

but as i said earlier ... close the ticket ... i knew the result before i filled it out.

Why the heck did you file it, then?

Closing upon request.