New Item - Security

Diggey

Pretty simply,a voluntary item Security officers and interns can slap onto their uniforms

a small camera

on demand from HoS these can be mandatory,also then of course give the HoS a little camera screen in his office for said Security personell cameras,also accessible for the AI of course

this way the HoS can direct and supervise personell from the comfort and relative saftey of his office as well as discourage unsavoury behaviour from security personnel,a security guard with a camera beeing jumped in maintenance now has a good 3 items on him that make it difficult for an antag to take him out as well as allowing vision into maintenance for the AI

This is of course not "wear this always and fuck you antags" the HoS and captain are to decide when these things have to be clipped and turned on for station safety reasons

Other practical applications are away missions if say an emergency responder has to go outside to rescue someone dragged off by space carp if there is threat of an attack and so on and so forth

It's a real thing in real life and I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work aboard the Aurora

I don't see how this is any different from the AI being able to follow anyone on the station, with the exception of being able to see into maintenance. AIs can already use borgs for the exact same thing. Sure, the HoS can too.. so? That doesn't sound gamebreaking at all, considering it relies on either the AI or the HoS just sitting on officer cams, which I'm sure both have better things to do usually. The strength in this is that the HoS COULD be watching at any time... the exact same way the AI could be watching at any time already.

EDIT: Additionally, if it's truly too invasive for a grand total of two (three if the Captain is bothered to just hang out in the HoS' office) individuals to be able to see sec officers all the time, this could be applied to security helmets only (much the same as the Merc helmet cams), meaning it wouldn't happen during code green or possibly blue depending on the situation, and the lack of a camera could be as easily handwaved as "I didn't have my helmet on at the time."

I like this, but I don't like it being possibly mandatory. I think implementing this as something fully optional would be great though.

That's what i meant

of course if the HoS commands you to wear something it's not optional no longer,but I didn't intend this to be part of the Code green uniform

that would be aids,if you allow the crass language

it is a

"we are loosing officers and have no idea where they went"

"okay team,put on cams I'll be your guardian angel"

kinda situation

This suggestion has been brought up quite a few times.

I still feel that this would severely upset game balance because the Ai would gain camera vision aswell.

A officer only needs to get a word out, and the AI could locate them instantly, inform security who the attacker is and direct them to their location.

There are other issues aswell, but the AI gaining cam vision is one of the biggest

• 5 months later...