Sophie Rifler's Holster!

BYOND Key: SHODAN43893

Character name: Sophie Rifler

Item name: Rifler's Holster

Why is your character carrying said item to work?

My character carries this holster to work on a basic level to insert her laser pistol into when on duty as the Head of Security. It was given to her as a congratulations gift from Raymond Hawkins for being promoted from her position in forensics to the command role and she has since retrieving the item has kept it on her beside table, only really using it when going down to the practice range. She is incredibly proud of being promoted and also after impressing her mentor and therefore has decided to start wearing the holster to work instead of the standard issue ones to show Raymond just how appreciative and grateful she is for both the present and his assistance of allowing her to become the HoS she is today.

Item function(s):

The item would pretty much be a reskin of the thigh_holster - able to clip onto any uniform and store anything that can fit into a handgun holster.

Item description:

That's Rifler's Holster!

A version of the security thigh holster done up in tan leather - this one appears to have the word 'Rifler' engraved down the side. It appears to be rather well made and hard wearing; more of a worker's holster than a show piece.

Item appearance:

Riflers_Holster.PNG

Again, pretty much a recolor of the thigh holster. I have attached an image of a recolor I have done.

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP?

Like a lot of custom whitelists that are requested - I feel like it would be a great conversation starter and could definitely worm its way into RP on some of the more hectic rounds - Sophie proclaiming the holster to be lucky and hopefully offering some of the wisdom that her mentor once readily provided her with.

Additional comments:

Here is a link to the sprite I made for reference purposes.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e3LjnV6Su_si7RVPhZKjcsgENXmhD5-v/view?usp=sharing

As Amory stated, this is a believable item for a HoS to possess and bring to work. It holds sentimental value and is functional at that. Rifler herself is an interesting character that I've only recently been able to explore, and I'm excited to learn more, especially about the connection to another established character this custom item implies.

+1 from me.

I've got my own personal stake with this. It was somewhat hard for me to come up with anything specific to say about it, I've never been fond of overly explaining in-character reasoning behind these things but Shodan has already covered that for me. The item was a genuine gift from one character to another.

+1