[Accepted] DasFox - IPC Whitelist Application

BYOND Key: DasFox
Character Names: Ameline Hemory, Emilienne Lemoine, Nafiya Al-Azan, Iliss Reial, Flora Ahmira, and a few I'd like to keep unnamed for the sake of playing them quietly.
Species you are applying to play: IPC
What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): N/A
Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question.

Why do you wish to play this specific race: I don't really enjoy most of the current whitelists I have. From my stance on how I look at the lore, and how I'm tired of portraying certain things through characters and so on.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: Synthetics are, primarily, synthetic. Both in mechanics and in the lore. Both in actual play they'd have to be wary of their chassis (body) as it's expensive (painful) to repair, and your entire body can fail you if it's damaged, especially due to minor damages and electrical discharges. Beyond this they're less than human in the terms of their personalities and processes, because their brain specifically is /not/ human. There's a lot more, but not much else that I find relevant to answer this.

Character Name: Aurelia
Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs.

Constructed at behest of Jove Industries’ venture into luxurious amenities (Jupiter Travels), Aurelia was one of several IPCs purposefully made for handling food, drinks, and child-friendly entertainment for passengers. Present for the maiden voyage of Deep Wonder, Jupiter Travels’ first luxury cruiser, Aurelia spent two successful years as catering staff until internal evaluations relocated her to the newer vessel of Midnight Solstice, in an effort to bolster customer satisfaction ratings.

Deep Wonder, as the flagship of Jupiter Travels, had been staffed with already experienced crew-members drafted from various locales and subdivisions, to promote the new venture and attract customers. The general inexperience and shoddiness of Midnight Solstice’s crew, however, in large parts due to corporate corner cutting, was evident for Aurelia; not only did the foodstuff quality differ, but also the cohesion of the crew itself, forcing Aurelia to reconfigure and adapt her established routines.

Annoyed or rude customers had always been present in some form, but this was the first time she experienced anti-synthetic comments aimed towards her from her own crew - in comparison to Deep Wonder, which had been equipped with more IPCs than organics, the Midnight Solstice, smaller in size, only had IPCs numbering in the single digits in a crew of dozens which, ironically, caused greater friction.

As the years went on, Aurelia kept her proverbial head down, lowering her own performance to alleviate the verbal - and sometimes, physical - leers and jabs from organic staff already frayed from lowering salaries and plummeting annual reports. With conversation between IPCs during active work-hours forbidden, her companion became the vessel’s artificial intelligence, the two able to relate in their mistreatment, and eventually forming a mutual friendship.

Despite Aurelia’s treatment by her fellow colleagues, in 2558 she became vital for the survival of four crew-members and three passengers as the ship fell under attack from a coordinated and cohesive raider group. On direction of the ship’s AI she managed to guide some to hastily designated safe areas, intercepting bullets that would have been fatal for crew and passengers; this act validated her in the eyes of most of the crew, and Aurelia enjoyed more pleasant crew-related interactions until early 2461, in which the entirety of Jove Industries became liquidated in light of obnoxious spending and a failure to make ends met.

With around seven years of solid service experience, the synthetics of Jupiter Travels were quickly snagged for cheap prices by various entities, chiefly NanoTrasen; Aurelia and the Midnight Solstice’s artificial intelligence came to serve, eventually, aboard one of NanoTrasen’s research stations, the Aurora.

What do you like about this character?

A lot of this was brainstorming (and help) from Capesh, and it's something that I enjoy that kinda came from both of our heads in a way. It makes me smile a bit to see if this'll make any sense to others and come to life on-station somehow.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

Decent, I suppose. I know how to type and make cohesive sentences, which is. Something, I guess. This is a pretty subjective question, I don't think I do too well sometimes, I do others. It really depends.

Notes:

Happy now, Kyres?

Edited by kyres1
  • kyres1 locked this topic