Ban request - ComradeCorbyn, KingofPing, Dark1Star

BYOND Key: AmoryBlaine
Accused Players Byond Key: ComradeCorbyn, KingofPing, Dark1Star
Time of Act:10:45PM EST
Reason for Ban: Poor behavior as ERT/TCFL, selfishness [IE; dickishness] in prioritizing their own goal of combat, over the station, and prior events in the round.

Round is ninja. A little before the ninja kills them self and an officer, ending the on-board issues, Command requests additional support and the TCFL is rolled. The three above players are slotted as the team and, upon realizing there is no ninja, ahelp asking if they can become the antags. This is granted, by Yonnimer, who will have a separate staff complaint. Now, the main issue here as I see it is, these three were not interested in letting the round end, nor returning to their base and ghosting again, as everyone else does when they roll ERT and things are cleared up prior to their arrival. Nor were they interested in focusing on roleplaying with the station until transfer. They spawned for combat, they were denied it, they then ahelp in order to force combat, and were the first to engage. They can argue about escalation legitimizing it, but what it comes down to is they were dissatisfied by the lack of combat afforded to them, and went out of their way, to get special approval in order to create combat. It didn't matter that things were wrapping up, they wanted to fight. That is not behavior that should be tolerated, nor indulged by staff. The reason this is a ban request if I feel all three of them should be barred from ERT, if their main goal is to fight, rather than operate as a means to end the round when the timer is high, or generate RP between the station and antags (IE, not be the antags themselves, just because there are no others around.)

I was Nanny-Bot that round, I was with Eric Bayer in robotics, fighting the ninja, ended up getting scrapped to hell when Eric Bayer and I, along with the ninja, went ka-boom. After that, the ERT ended up killing a few security officers, and it was up to me, and FREN, as the remaining security to handle them at the bridge. The captain was willing to make amends, and settle the situation, as soon as the captain moved to get away from the situation, they were aimed apoun by the TCFL. I protected the captain with my body, and took aim at the TCFL with my tazer. This resulted in a gun fight, in which I managed to kill one, while the other escaped into maintenance, where I was scrapped again. Just putting the situation here for anyone to read. 

and, upon realizing there is no ninja, ahelp asking if they can become the antags.

Untrue

Now, the main issue here as I see it is, these three were not interested in letting the round end, nor returning to their base and ghosting again,

Also untrue

They spawned for combat, they were denied it, they then ahelp in order to force combat,

Not true

(They can argue about escalation legitimizing it,) but what it comes down to is they were dissatisfied by the lack of combat afforded to them

Not true

All claims of things being untrue should easily able to be backed up by logs, if nessecary.

Now, to clear things up a bit:

ERT was called, we slot in and we were asked to wait 20 minutes before actually arriving at the station in AOOC. No problem, we do as asked. Then the situation with  the Ninja or whatever, I didnt pay too much attention to the round while spectating got resolved. We ask if we should still go or just ghost, when the other antags come up with the idea to incorporate the TCFL in their traitor gimmick or whatever (This, by the way, never happened, I would have never deployed if I knew we wouldn't be actually incorporated in the gimmick). I, before making any decision say the following: "Without a go from the higher ups I won't do any violent/antagonistic behaviour as TCFL". This was given and we deploy. I will cut out the stupid standoff at the bridge, because the emergency assets that were called were not let in, blablabla. So we go around, leave maintenance and have kind of another standoff with the crew, when fucking Officer Beepsky rushes at me, shouting "Level Four Infraction Alert!" while I was undeploying my suit to give myself some medication because a grille shocked me. So this is my train of thought in that moment:

"Fuck."

"If Beepsky stuns me down security will just engage and overwhelm the other two legionaires."

"I can just smash Beepsky to death, no problem."

Left-click on Beepsky.

"Lgn. Urist has shot the gauss thumper."

It went all down from there, we all know the rest. So, yes, I take the blame for firing first, because of a mislick or rather a misinterpreted misclick. Maybe I just slightly missed Beepsky's sprite by a pixel and shot because of that, who knows. Do with that whatever. I was already saying in OOC I can tell everyone why the first shot fell - you didn't even bother to hear that before posting this, which makes me sad, that one can't even make a honest mistake like that. Why you try to back your complaint up with things you a) cannot know or b) just make up, I guess is beyond me. I like you and you should know that I am the last person that plays this game for combat. That's all I have to add.

Edited by KingOfThePing
1 minute ago, KingOfThePing said:

So, yes, I take the blame for firing first, because of a mislick. Do with that whatever. I was already saying in OOC I can tell everyone why the first shot fell - you didn't even bother to hear that before posting this, which makes me sad, that one can't even make a honest mistake like that. Why you try to back your complaint up with things you a) cannot know or b) just make up, I guess is beyond me. I like you and you should know that I am the last person that plays this game for combat. That's all I have to add.

This

Spoiler

image.png.aeef7b48fc72933694a66bb51030ab9a.png

was not the initial engagement.
This

Spoiler

image.png.9ef6356f01bd5e1c521caaf4e2f331e3.png

Was.

And this was after you tried to vent the area and kill us, as well as blow a hole through the walls.

3 minutes ago, KingOfThePing said:

, when the other antags come up with the idea to incorporate the TCFL in their traitor gimmick or whatever.

So you're not sure as to what the gimmick was, or how you fit into it? I am not, either. Specifically because the TCFL did what they could to make sure we were not able to continue speaking with them. Not even when I, above, said to shoot at you, did we. Even after you had fired on us, we focused on evacuating the bridge (Which the TCFL had started a breach in), when the second primary fight took place directly outside of where we were able to evacuate towards, in your ambush, where you admit you accidentally discharged on us.

So, alright, so even if that shot was shot by someone else, then why are you complaining about the entire TCFL team? No one is responsible for someone else's ingame actions. What did you expect? You instantly returned fire. which is understandable. Doing nothing and get gunned down? You were clearly armed with lethal weaponry, so doing nothing was no option. If I did not do the first shot, then I don't know why I am listed here. Not my fault and not my responsibility if someone else shoots at someone without reason, especially when I'm not playing the leader of the team, no idea what you want from me here. And, of course I admit I fired a shot - because that's what happened. Why should I deny the truth? The difference lies in the intent. Did I want to escalate it unnessecarily? No? I always play the fucking medic as an emergency responder. Every fucking time. in 99% of the cases I don't fire a single fucking shot. So maybe the misclick was in a very very unlucky and bad moment but it was nothing more than that. A misclick. Misfire. I already said in OOC and even in LOOC, shortly after the firefight, that I can explain the misfire. You can't do it during the round in OOC because of ic in ooc, I couldn't do it in more detail in LOOC because I was fucking busy at the moment, you didn't let me before posting this. And especially if my shot wasn't the first one, that was fired - I, again, don't know why I am listed in here.

So you're not sure as to what the gimmick was, or how you fit into it? I am not, either.

That's not entirely correct, the gimmick was proposed as getting paid, I think it was 30.000 Credits to bust out that Scientist who did the fake fax earlier who "owned" the station now. That was the idea. It never happened, we were told to wait a moment, so we waited EVA, then we were supposed to enter and make contact already, yada yada yada. We were brought in by an antag (no idea who it was, I also don't care, to be honest) by that proposition, which sounded interesting, they never did it, even though we were already in the middle of it, so I don't know why I (or we) are being held accountable for that.

Edited by KingOfThePing
3 minutes ago, KingOfThePing said:

So, alright, so even if that shot was shot by someone else, then why are you complaining about the entire TCFL team?

Because, I am unsure of who did what and why. But what I am sure of, is you were a team. I do not even know which of the TCFL were each of you, until after I was killed and now. The point of listing the whole team, should be self evident- you are a team. How am I to know which of you did what and when, or why? If I am wrong in my assumptions, this holds no weight and you are fine.

4 minutes ago, KingOfThePing said:

That's not entirely correct, the gimmick was proposed as getting paid, I think it was 30.000 Credits to bust out that Scientist who did the fake fax earlier who "owned" the station now. That was the idea. It never happened, we were told to wait a moment, so we waited EVA, then we were supposed to enter and make contact already, yada yada yada. We were brought in by an antag (no idea who it was, I also don't care, to be honest) by that proposition, which sounded interesting, they never did it, even though we were already in the middle of it, so I don't know why I (or we) are being held accountable for that. 

Evidently, that's not true, as @Dark1Star claims otherwise. He says it was his idea to go aboard, rather than the idea of any on station antagonists. That their agreement with the TCFL antag gimmick was just partial, and unrelated to their own gimmicks.

Thought I'll share some light on this, we were all standing around waiting for the go-ahead to go down and help fight the Ninja, but the ninja died after about 15 minutes of us waiting. So we were standing around going "Now what? Just ghost?" I came up with an idea in AOOC saying we should be antags, role play it as this is the 8th time this week that we've been called and were not needed in the end, we were running low on money and resources, I asked everyone if they would be okay with that, going to the station and getting resources. Everyone in TCFL agreed and even some traitors agreed.

from

I came up with an idea in AOOC saying we should be antags, role play it as this is the 8th time this week that we've been called and were not needed in the end, we were running low on money and resources, I asked everyone if they would be okay with that, going to the station and getting resources. Everyone in TCFL agreed and even some traitors agreed.

No idea what was brought up first, logs should clear that up, but I am 100% sure that this bust out thing with 30.000 credits was also discussed in AOOC and I was under the assumption that this is what the true OOC reason of boarding would be. The "we have been called unnessecarily so often" was just an IC excuse to board the station in the first place again.

That their agreement with the TCFL antag gimmick was just partial, and unrelated to their own gimmicks. 

Absolutely not. It was clearly said in AOOC that the TCFL will be intregrated in the current gimmick, I am 100% sure about that but also something logs can easily clear up.

To conclude this from my side: I, personally, did nothing wrong - except misfiring at Beepsky instead of smashing it (which was apparently not the start of the firefight, so whatever, honestly) before it stuns me down and agreeing to such things like antagonistic ERT in the first place. For the other two TCFL troopers I dont think any malicious intent was behind firing first. Maybe it also was just a misfire, who knows? Posting this ban request the very instant the shuttle departs seems very extreme and I honestly don't know why you did it. I know dying can be shit, I even tried to bandage you and the other officer (before I tended to the Prefect, even). I only noticed after bandaging the victims, that you are in fact dead, because I forgot to pack a health scanner and didn't see it right away.

Edited by KingOfThePing

As I said in the Yonni staff complaint thread my story, I won’t repeat it. 

However I can confirm the fact that TCFL’s arrive had been due to the request of Horacio Knapenberger’s gimmick and we even waited on them in AOOC to get a radio to contact us.

Now, as for your tirade I do not know what got you hand over arm about this yet it still is worrying that you immediately claim that we wanted to fight. If it wasn’t for the aggressive AI who bolted us in and not just opened the doors for us, damage to the walls and windows would’ve been easily avoided in the first place allowing for talking with the crew and a steady escalation - instead all of security, including yourself, came to the Bridge with weapons, as the Captain demanded things that were simply not possible with TCFL equipment as is.

I do agree, the reason I left out the fact that we also had a gimmick where we get paid 30000 credits to bust a guy out of the stations brig, it never happened, we never got radio contact, even though in AOOC he said he was working on it, we waited another 10 minutes and nothing happened, that's when we said, alright then, let's take some cash out the vault, steal some prototype equipment, and leave. But we didn't get to do that because of the unfortunate circumstances that occured.

image.png

For what it's worth, Blaster Bolts are something as far as I'm aware can only be made with R&D guns, it is a very particular type of laser round that is incendiary.

I am not sure if ERT or Foreign Legion are equipped with incendiary science weapons, I could be wrong, but it is likely that this was a misfire from a scientist.

On 05/06/2019 at 05:33, AmoryBlaine said:

BYOND Key: AmoryBlaine
Accused Players Byond Key: ComradeCorbyn, KingofPing, Dark1Star
Time of Act:10:45PM EST
Reason for Ban: Poor behavior as ERT/TCFL, selfishness [IE; dickishness] in prioritizing their own goal of combat, over the station, and prior events in the round.

Round is ninja. A little before the ninja kills them self and an officer, ending the on-board issues, Command requests additional support and the TCFL is rolled. The three above players are slotted as the team and, upon realizing there is no ninja, ahelp asking if they can become the antags. This is granted, by Yonnimer, who will have a separate staff complaint. Now, the main issue here as I see it is, these three were not interested in letting the round end, nor returning to their base and ghosting again, as everyone else does when they roll ERT and things are cleared up prior to their arrival. Nor were they interested in focusing on roleplaying with the station until transfer. They spawned for combat, they were denied it, they then ahelp in order to force combat, and were the first to engage. They can argue about escalation legitimizing it, but what it comes down to is they were dissatisfied by the lack of combat afforded to them, and went out of their way, to get special approval in order to create combat. It didn't matter that things were wrapping up, they wanted to fight. That is not behavior that should be tolerated, nor indulged by staff. The reason this is a ban request if I feel all three of them should be barred from ERT, if their main goal is to fight, rather than operate as a means to end the round when the timer is high, or generate RP between the station and antags (IE, not be the antags themselves, just because there are no others around.)

I was playing the AI that round.

Let me say that I think you are salty, and that's all.

Two of the three you mentioned are great players (idk the other one), and I, as the AI, saw nothing wrong that round, they acted in a proper way.

Yonni gave them green light, and they acted, round would have been dead if they didn't have that initiative.

You want them to be banned from ERT for having initiative? We need more people like them, with good ideas, and a good way to execute those ideas.

Edited by TheOrleans
  • 3 weeks later...

Taking a look into this, and taking in consideration that they ahelped and worked with the rest of the antags at the time to help with their gimmick, I don't really think they the players are at fault here. If anything, it might be an issue with a bad call from a staff member, which is already being solved in a staff complaint.